HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By DrCamp
Hey MPW! I'm new to these forums, but recently bought a PW Wild thing for my daughter. It's a cool concept having two big drive wheels and a third small wheel for balance in the back and a throttle control for each wheel. The bad thing is that there's a definite "lag" in the throttle which creates a noticeable delay in the wheels starting to get power. This creates a situation where trying to make minor adjustments in course is extremely difficult.

I took apart the throttles and noticed that they are controlled using a bendy "tape" circuit of some kind. I also observed one of these "tapes" clicked occasionally, or would not fully seat itself causing the throttle to stick in an open position even when the throttle lever itself was not being touched.

Anyone have any experience with this type of throttle control on a PW? Any thoughts on modifications to make it either more responsive, or at least more stable? I can certainly post some pics of what I'm seeing, but will wait to hear if there's any info or interest in discussing before I take the thing apart again :).

Glad to find this forum and I'm really excited to tear into this project. Hope to hear back soon and holler if there are any questions. Thanks!
By grandpakenny
We have a Wild Thing and that is one of the quirks. I have three grandsons, ages 4, 6, 8 last November when we got it. The middle one could not drive it full speed, had to drop it to "3". I got two four wheeler ATV (KFX) for the older two. The Wild Thing is for our autistic, just turned five, grandson. He started out at "3". Now he is on speed "5". He is a year younger than his brother, who could not run the Wild Thing at full speed, and he is great on it. He has almost no language skills, I could not teach him how to run the ATV, with foot controls, and steering. With the joy sticks on the Wild Thing he is a natural. He has adjusted to that lag with no issues. There is a little right-left wobble starting out, but no issue once he is rolling. He is easily frustrated, goes into screaming fits, none of that with the Wild Thing.
AND, he has little Lego men or other toys he HAS to have with him at all times, so he has them clutched in his hands, as he works the joy sticks. No easy feat.
By toycrusher
I think the problem is terminal. No choice but to junk it. I'll send you the address to my powerwheels disposal service... ;)

Great you have the determination to take this on. […]

WOW! Thank you so much I bought these as 12 volt m[…]

Just use the "Upload attachment" and &qu[…]

Hi, I found this dirt cheap (20$) National Product[…]

HobbyMasters