HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By bigzaj
I bought my 5 year old a 24V Ranger model from Peg Perego for Christmas. She can ride it for a few minutes before it stops and emits a continuous beep. If we let it sit for 15-20 minutes she can ride it again, for a few minutes, then we repeat. We spent 6 hours last weekend doing this. Peg Perego thinks it is the battery, but it tests fine. Any thoughts?
By Rob222
A battery, even if new, can be permanently damaged if not properly charged between uses or run down too low. Running the battery until the vehicle comes to a stop is bad for battery longevity. As soon as it noticeably slows down pull the kid off or swap the battery.
What kind of charger do you have ? The stock chargers are not smart and may damage a battery if left on too long. Aftermarket smart chargers do a much better job.
How are you charging the battery ? Do you charge it after every use no matter how short ?
Do you have a volt meter to test the battery voltage ? Your 24v battery (really two 12v batteries in series) should read about 25.2v when fully charged. Maintain a battery correctly and it will last for years, don't and you will kill it very quickly.

12v SLA battery resting voltages: (just x2 for a 24v battery)
12.65 V = 100%
12.45 V = 75%
12.24 V = 50%
12.06 V = 25%
11.89 V or less = discharged

Resting voltage is taken at room temperature and a few hours after the completion of charging.
By bigzaj
This occurred on the first trip out of the box. The battery was charged with the stock charger for ~20 hours before it was driven. The vehicle never noticeably slowed down, would go full speed then stop with the beeping. It has not been charged since this day. After 6 hours of intermittent use the battery tested 24.5v.

What charger should I use? If it is the battery why would it go full speed, then stop with the beeping... and then be fully operable (no performance change) after resting untouched for 15-20 minutes?
By Rob222
I don't think a bad battery would go full speed, then stop and then be fully operable after resting.
If the battery had a built-in breaker that was tripping the vehicle would not have power to beep.
So it doesn't seem like a battery problem. Maybe a bad circuit board.
By wired
Is it a definite beep or a buzzing sound? Can you tell where the sound is coming from? What happens if you unplug the battery while beeping?
I have the same problem with my gator 6x4

I have A New battery (1month) and I checked it with the Volt meter and it's perfect 25.4v

My son drives it, sometimes 10min sometimes 1 min before it stops and starts making this beeping sound.
If you pull out the battery during the beeping stops, put it back in, touch the gas and sometimes it moves a sec sometimes a min before starting to beep again.

What could this be?????
Ok.....
What i did....
I sold the older gator 6x4 and bought a new with the new lithium battery.
Got it delivered yesterday, charged it al afternoon and night.
This morning 9am my son drove it out of the garage in rear, then drove to his grandparents (live next to us) over the grass and after 2 min of driving it stops and makes a beep beep beep.. sound for 30 seconds. Beeping stops and he can drive again. Few min. Later the same star fish....
my son is 2,5 and weighs 14 kilo So iT is not to heavy loaded.
I am really getting frustrated of this piece of sh..!!!!
It's new.... expensive and crappppppppppp
And you can't find a answer.
Got this from Peg Perego;

MEANING of BEEPING SOUNDS
• ONE SINGLE BEEP means that the toy is ready to
operate.
• CONTINUOUS BEEP for 10 sec. Means that the
battery is fully discharged and the toy cannot
operate anymore, recharge the battery or change it
with a charged one.
• INTERMITTENT BEEP for 30 sec. means the
motors are hot. The toy will be stopped for at least
30 sec. until the motors cool down.
• Overheat condition can be reached playing longer
on some of these condition:
1 - Too much weight transported
2 - Too steep of incline to climb
3 - High grass driving into
4 - Too soft terrain (mud or sand)
5 - Irregular surface to drive on like rough uneven
terrain, stones, roots
6 - Some combination of these
By 850-r
You can find a fuse holder at any auto parts store. I used a 40 amp fuse. You can find the thermal cut out switch by tracing the wires. On my 24v rzr it was underneath the machine under a little access panel. It looks like a little yellow box, pry it open and you will find a tiny little breaker that looks like a fuse. Mine flipped over and over at the slightest sign of rough terrain. Use this advice at your own risk and judgement but it worked great for me so far.
Today I opend the shifter, nu fuse There.
Followed the cables to the pedal, no fuse there.
Took of the back 2 weels and body so I could open up the body to see the first 2 motors and there was the motherboard with a fuse of 30amp in the board but it can't be removed of the board.
Only place I can check is in the battery, but I contacted the store and I'm going to get a new one in guaranty (not a week old and nothing but trouble)
So hopefully the new one I get is better!
But still want to find out where the thermal fuse is.
This is the latest model with the new lithium battery.
little update,

i didnt got a new one because the problem seems to be the same with al the new Gator's.
option one; send it back and get the money back
option two; find a solution.
so if anyone could tel me where i can find the thermal cut out switch in the Gator 6x4 it would be very helpfull.
peg perego is telling my store this is normal, they put this safety in to prevent overheating. but we live in a field and we cant use it.
in the meanwhile i have been busy, built in front lights and rear lights with 2 switches, also i made a main switch to cutt of the 24v battery.
i built in a volt meter
i can charge the extra 12 volt battery external and i build in a speaker with a mic and 7 sounds.

but 850-r or someone else, please help me locate the thermal cut out switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fabian duque wrote:little update,

i didnt got a new one because the problem seems to be the same with al the new Gator's.
option one; send it back and get the money back
option two; find a solution.
so if anyone could tel me where i can find the thermal cut out switch in the Gator 6x4 it would be very helpfull.
peg perego is telling my store this is normal, they put this safety in to prevent overheating. but we live in a field and we cant use it.
in the meanwhile i have been busy, built in front lights and rear lights with 2 switches, also i made a main switch to cutt of the 24v battery.
i built in a volt meter
i can charge the extra 12 volt battery external and i build in a speaker with a mic and 7 sounds.

but 850-r or someone else, please help me locate the thermal cut out switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you have a thermal switch, if you did, all the power would cut and you would not have a beeping sound. This ride has four motors correct?
Also, did the manual come with a wiring diagram? If it did, please post it here. We can get you going for sure... but no promises yet on what that solution is going to be... ;)
I think I've identified some problems, it has only an 8ah battery! That's puny for even a single motor ride, much less one with FOUR! It also has only 175w motors, the Rzr has 350w motors! Top speed is only rated at 4mph on hard ground. That's all terrible! I have a feeling it's 24v but each set of motors in run in series so the motors themselves never see 24v.

Number of gears 2+R
Number of wheels 6
Traction wheels 4
Engines 4 x 175W (700W total).
Battery/Power 1 24V/8Ah sealed no-maintenance lead-acid battery, included in the packaging.
Battery charger 1 x 24V battery charger, included in the packaging.
Alkaline batteries 3 button LR44 1.5V batteries (included).
Ideal surfaces Great performance, even on hills and uneven terrain.
Slope capacity 17%
Wheels Extreme traction off-road tread
Accelerator Pedal
Brake "All in one" with accelerator pedal/electric brake
Steering -
Radio command frequency -
FM radio with MP3 connector -
FM radio -
Lights and sounds Horn
Safety belts -
Suspension -
Kickstand -
Stabilising wheels -
Object holder Yes.
Load body Yes.
Trailer Optional.
Sealed base Yes.
Battery duration*1 30 min.
Speed in 1st gear 3.5 km/h – 2.2 MPH
Speed in 2nd gear 7 km/h – 4.3 MPH
Speed in reverse gear 3.5 km/h – 2.2 MPH
Size 90 x 171 x 75.5 h cm – 35.50” x 67.25” x 29.75” h cm
Weight 40.5 kg – 89.2 lbs
Maximum transportable weight*2 60 + 30 kg – 132 + 66 lbs

My Suggestion (If I owned it, it's what I would do)

Convert to a 1000 watt ESC kit from eastcoastpowerup.com
Get creative in your mounting options to mount at least a pair of 12v 10 ah batteries on the ride. If you can squeeze in 18ah that would be much better. They may need to go in the footwell area if you can't rig something under the dump bed.

Once that is done, you might consider replacing the motors with stronger, 18v rated motors (they are probably 550-series sized so your options would probably be limited)

Most of the ESCs should have current limiting buil[…]

Lightning McQueen wiring help

Collage_Fotor.jpg

My son's Hurricane Extreme

I have a hurricane extreme but it did not come wit[…]

Where to find batteries

Thanks

HobbyMasters Udemy Course