HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By dlgg7
Picked this up along with a pw Kawasaki KFX, I saw on a barely readable sticker MotionTrendz, but no model # sticker in front of steering wheel has Step 2 on it, and searching for a week can't find any info at all. Looking for specs, it had 2-12v batteries spliced into the wiring harness, the 2 switches on top for low and high and F and R are bad. Appreciate any direction!
Attachments
rsz_20170714_201019.jpg
By dlgg7
Well, hate to be the only one to reply to my own thread! Hoping someone could tell me what this is and try to get some wiring info. Looks to have had 2 "maybe" 6v batteries in the back, had 2 12v ones that are shot. Found 2 switches for the fast/slow speed and forward/reverse I took out of a garbage find motion trendz shimmer and shine Toyota cruiser. Would like to know how the plugs back in the battery compartment are for 2 6v batteries??? I'll change wiring out to 1-12v if so. Bout to wait till grandkids are asleep and start taking things apart to trace wiring harness to everything to see how things are supposed to be. Anyone?
By Astroman
I wouldnt throw those switches away you can take them apart and clean them with sandpaper a wire brush and aerosol can carberator cleaner. You just separate the switching part from the container.
By dlgg7
Yep, already took them apart, rockers inside were rusted to pieces, that's why I pulled from another car. Pulling the harness loose at ends to trace now so I can maybe get a battery hooked up today so grandkids can try it out, THanks for the reply!
By dlgg7
Well, just sat down and traced them back to each connection and made me an original wiring diagram. Then just rewired the whole thing using the diagram for 12v power wheel. Only thing is slow/fast sw works backwards. Traced everything back and still looks right, but no big deal, 2 yr old didn't take much time using it right! They still quarrel over riding the Kawasaki 4whlr first! We'll see once I get the 18v mod done on this race car!
HELLO!

THANK YOU FOR THE ADD! LOOKING TO BE ABLE TO ASK A[…]

Unibody Jeep Front End Sag

I did this on my Hurricane. I used a fairly long M[…]

I will have to look at the shifter when I get off […]

Upgrade BMW i8 Concept

If the 6v bat is stock it may have a built in fuse[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course