HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By jjp735i
I just picked up a Kawasaki Quad for 15 bucks. It runs ok, but I have 2 questions.

The smallest hill it bogs out and stops - Thinking the battery is probably shot.

There are rocks tumbling around inside the one rear wheel. Cannot find anyway it got in there. I've read about the rubber cement injected into the wheel or fill with foam.

Is there no way to get them out?

Thanks, jjp
By toycrusher
jjp735i wrote:I just picked up a Kawasaki Quad for 15 bucks. It runs ok, but I have 2 questions.

The smallest hill it bogs out and stops - Thinking the battery is probably shot.

There are rocks tumbling around inside the one rear wheel. Cannot find anyway it got in there. I've read about the rubber cement injected into the wheel or fill with foam.

Is there no way to get them out?

Thanks, jjp

Ah yes, how did the rocks get in the wheels in the first place... One of life's great mysteries... :? :lol:
By jjp735i
I took someones advice and drilled a small hole in the wheel and shot some glue in there. It's been 2 weeks now and no rocks tumbling around inside.

For the life of me I had both rear wheels off and could not find any possible way they got inside. lol

jjp
By toycrusher
hobbyjake wrote:Now I'm wondering the same thing. How did the rocks get in there?

You've heard of rocks that "walk" across the desert. I think some rocks "grow" inside power wheels tires :lol:
By wkearney99
CJB wrote:Have any of you tired the spray foam in the wheels? I've been considering it in hopes to deaden the sound a bit...

I'd imagine the important thing to consider would be to NOT use the excessively expanding kind. The sort used for around window casings has considerably less expanding potential. But I'd worry that it'd still be enough to potentially pop the plastic off the rim. If only because the hole used to insert it would likely not have enough capacity to handle the likely expansion. That and you'd want to have a way to spin the wheel while filling to avoid uneven distribution and the resulting out of balance wobbling. Probably not as big a deal for a kids toy but still worth avoiding.
By Wierd
No, there's no notification for that, other than a simple note, IF you look for it, AFTER popping in here to look for it. =(
By Wierd
as far as the minimal expanding foam what I have seen heard and read is drilling a few holes in the back side of the tire in order to inject it from there like four holes would allow for pressure release and a bit better of a complete fill it does help reduce the rattle from rocks inside and slightly deadens the sound of rocks run over but it's kind of up to debate as to whether it would allow water to soak in as great stuff I believe to the best of my knowledge is water repellent but not resistant so I would imagine frequent driving through deep water could cause issue
By wkearney99
Wierd wrote:No, there's no notification for that, other than a simple note, IF you look for it, AFTER popping in here to look for it. =(

Odd, I would have figured it was like posts in threads, for those you get notifications via e-mail. Most other websites also send notifications for Private Messages.
By Wierd
Would be nice, but there's other quirkiness that needs to be addressed beyond that.

I know what your saying that would be great if you[…]

Hello all, This is my first post. I've had troubl[…]

I have little experience using the voltage meter. […]

If you charge your battery at 6A (assume this is j[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course