M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By Christofer
Hi everyone...

Looking to buy a first powered wheel toy for my almost 3 year old boy. This will be his Bday present. He already rides his KTM training bike with no training wheels and is moderately stable for his age. Gas / brake understanding is an unknown at this point :D , but is not too aggressive or prone to risk taking. I am looking at 2 options, the 1st beeing a Peg Perego Ducati GP bike (maybe a hypermotard or a hypercross - maybe that ones better for grass) or a Peg Perego Polaris Outlaw. Do you feel one is more suited for his age vs the other? The quad seems to be more sensible but is foot operated, where the Ducati has a hand throttle operation (like on a real bike)....which I think will give better feedback to him. What do you think? The missus thinks hes too young and should wait til he is 4.... :| which is to be expected...

thanks for Your replies,

P.S. sorry if i missed the subsection... the moderators can switch me to the right place
By toycrusher
Never too early! :D

The quads are always a good choice. Steering will be 2nd nature for him since he can already ride a bike! (=O) and the foot pedal will prep him for other rides in the future.
By Christofer
I was soo hoping you were gonna say get the Duc ;). Oh well, this way mom might get on board ....the bike had her scared like he was already in traffic :D. I see your point, and at the end of the day he is better off with going step by step.
By jjp735i
I would go with a Quad. I used to sell Power Wheels and I always suggested to parents to get a quad. The kids can grow more with them.

Just got my 3 year old girl a used Kawasaki Quad 12v and it took her a day to learn to ride. Now after only a week or so the high lock pin is out and she goes crazy. Even wears her helmet. Sure I'll be upgrading motors and battery to 18 to 24v soon.

Good luck, jjp
By Rob222
I'd go quad also at that age. Those 12v Perego motorcycles look cool but are not easy for the kids to ride (watch the kids in the videos wobble them around). They are slow so balancing is tough and the throttles are really just on or off which makes riding a motorcycle clumsy. When the kids are ready to move a battery motorcycle I recommend the small 24v razor ones (the older ones had front/rear suspension, a real esc with a variable throttle, and a decent brake - they come up on Craig's List ).
By Ron_J
My grandson is 2 1/2 and has been tooling around in his Jeep and 4 wheeler for about a year now. Never too young. At first he just pushed the gas and you had to point him in a direction, but it didn't take long for him to pick up the steering and forward/reverse.

I recently bought him a mini bike with training wheels and he is having trouble with the fact that the twist throttle makes it go, but I'm sure he will get the hang of it. I had the same reservations as you about the foot control.
Why wont anyone help me??

I just need a pic of how Mcqueen 12 v is originall[…]

Where to find batteries

Wondering where you guys go to buy batteries? And[…]

Redcat Racing shook the scale crawling world with […]

@toycrushers Is there a way to put a break reduct[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course