HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By nbroox
I'm looking at purchasing a PW for my 7 year old daughter. Does anyone have experience with the Disney FJ Cruiser or the Jeep Hurricane? I can buy either one on Craigslist for pretty cheap and will do very little modifications.
By Bigmac41288b
I don't have any experience with the cruiser but I have a hurricane. The hurricane has limited leg room because of the dash and windshield so depending on your daughters height it may not be comfortable to drive. Some of the more open cockpit designs of the dune racers or 4 wheelers seem to work better for the older kids.
By toycrusher
I might recommend the cruiser. It's slow but built tough (many have a metal frame) and you aren't likely to burn up the motors at even 18v. The hurricane is very rough to drive on pavement and is well known to break gearboxes.
By nbroox
Thanks for the help! I decided on the FJ Cruiser and have been very pleased with it. It's big and powerful enough for my 7yr old daughter--even with a passenger. It had one bad gearbox but is now fixed and running great. I had a hard time locating the replacement parts, but finally found shopballardpacific.com and all is good. They're very friendly and stuff is reasonably priced, although gearboxes must be purchased as a set.

All we've done is remove the Disney Princess decals and convert to 18v, but it's a really cool machine and I'm looking forward to fixing it up. Thanks again for the advice. I'd recommend the FJ Cruiser to anybody looking to mod.
By toycrusher
Thanks for providing an update!

That's why it is a good idea to have a brake relay[…]

Hello All

Hey I am John From Utah here for insights and hel[…]

Hi guys I'm Ben

Hey I'm new here. Just got a used dune racer cheap[…]

Thanks. Yea I hear ya, our kids wear helmets too b[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course