HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By Dario
Have an older yellow Safety 1st Corvette that I'm trying to get working. Pretty much all ok except no braking. Took the accelerator plunger switch apart and the contact for the motor shorting is broken off (normally closed contact). No good way I can see to reattach it. Solder won't hold, way too small to weld. Maybe a braze if I had the tiny tools to do it. For $8, a new switch is the way to go.

Just curious about the small spring in there. What is that for? Pretty sure I get how the switch works - very simple operation. Can't how the small spring would be used. It's in the 2nd pic, about a 3rd of the way up from the bottom on the right.

By Dario
New switch arrived. Got mine of eBay for $8 delivered. Perfect fit, works as expected. I bought an extra one as well. Note that I saw one on Amazon but it seem to be much larger based on comments. The one shown here is about 1" x 1.5" x 1.75", not measuring the flange on the top. eBay seller confirmed these dimensions before I purchased.

For those new to this: if your switch doesn't pass a conductivity test or has any other issues I would get a new one. At $8 it's not worth much time to fix it. This switch has two tabs normally closed (connected) and two normally open (not connected). When the plunger is depressed the normally closed gets opened and the normally opened gets closed. When not depressed the normally closed shorts the two leads to the motor(s) which creates resistance in the motors which acts as a brake. When depressed the hot lead for the motors is connected and the motor(s) are powered. Depressed = go, not depressed = stop.

@skinbin, yes of course.

Can anyone help me locate a replacmemt gear box fo[…]

Trying to fix my grandson's Raptor 660. Yep, I kn[…]

Original reply deleted. See below. ***UPDATE**[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course