HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By GhettoHippie
Hello all, I am new to the forum & to PW in general. I owned a Big Foot PW as kid but haven't messed with then since then. We are looking into buying a PW for our daughters(4yrs&2yrs old). We have noticed that most of them are small cars even the jeeps are small. The 2 we have narrowed it down to are the 24v Grave Digger $398 from Wal-Mart & the 12v Avigo Land Rover defender $299 from toys r us. We looked at the Per pego rzv 900, but with a price tag of $915 we decided to not go with that. I haven't been able to find any forums on either of these here. Anyone have any input on them? I'm willing to upgrade whatever whenever. I'm a auto mechanic by day & a tinkerer/fabricator any spare time I get. Just trying to get the best bang for my buck & make sure my daughters are happy with their new Christmas present. We live in the country where there's very little concrete. With that said whichever would have to be able to deal with a rougher terrain. Any input is much appreciated. Thank you have a great day!

GhettoHippie wrote:Hello all, I am new to the forum & to PW in general. I owned a Big Foot PW as kid but haven't messed with then since then. We are looking into buying a PW for our daughters(4yrs&2yrs old). We have noticed that most of them are small cars even the jeeps are small. The 2 we have narrowed it down to are the 24v Grave Digger $398 from Wal-Mart & the 12v Avigo Land Rover defender $299 from toys r us. We looked at the Per pego rzv 900, but with a price tag of $915 we decided to not go with that. I haven't been able to find any forums on either of these here. Anyone have any input on them? I'm willing to upgrade whatever whenever. I'm a auto mechanic by day & a tinkerer/fabricator any spare time I get. Just trying to get the best bang for my buck & make sure my daughters are happy with their new Christmas present. We live in the country where there's very little concrete. With that said whichever would have to be able to deal with a rougher terrain. Any input is much appreciated. Thank you have a great day!
I own many but have never owned those two in particular. However, I would have to point you towards the Gravedigger. It has a metal frame and full suspension. It would cost at least $400 to build that for any other ride. I have no clue on the electronics and if they are worth a darn, but as far as a buildable platform, I can't see beating that anywhere. I'd love to get my hands on one!
I was thinking the same. Everything else has a pretty weak looking frame. It's already 24v. They only set back is no radio. My girls love music & momma says " it has to have a radio!" I could care less about the grave digger sounds. Probably be able to pull that part out & install a radio in its place. Is there a small radio from one of the other PW that I could install? I know a car stereo would run the battery out quicker then driving it around. The wife just sent me a link to the peg perego 12v rzr900 but it looks to be as small as the jeeps. Thanks for the reply! Wish Wal-Mart would have a GD down on the floor so I could actually look the thing over.

I'll admit I'm new on here, but I have already pur[…]

How do you go about limiting the front steering fo[…]

Lamborghini Countach restoration

That looks fantastic! I have a lot of fun with th[…]

I can’t wait to see this one get put togethe[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course