HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By cheechz
new guy here.. my 3 yo son now has 4 motorized vehicles and i think that means we are at the early stages of a serious hobby.. anyway i have read a little and decided its best to charge the batteries with a schumacher charger instead of the factory supplied wall adapters. i got the small 1.5A maintainer and when i hook it up i hear a sizzling sound from the batteries.. i tried two different batteries.. both are 6V and the charger works for 6 or 12 batteries. voltage i measure is about 7.4. quickly googling the subject it doesnt sound like the batteries should be making sounds if they are charging at an appropriate rate. can anyone confirm?
By wired
?Factory battery or aftermarket? What brand? What is the amp hour (Ah) rating of the battery? Does the battery get warm? Does the battery case show signs of swelling?
By cheechz
factory batteries.. fisher price 9ah and peg perego/kung long 4.5ah. both were literally freezing.. just pulled them out of the garage in 20some degree weather. they didnt get warm and no sign of swelling. the sizzle sound settled down after a short time.
Battery questions

Just got 2 free power wheels. 1. Jeep has origina[…]

Looks like I got into this whole modded PW thing s[…]

Hi all, New to the forums and I searched for this[…]

Find new experiences. Just click to see every day.[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course