HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By dlgg7
Has anyone posted how to tear-down the newer Wild Thing? I have one of two that one of the hand throttles, or possibly coming from the circuit board, causes the drive on left side to just "rattle" or "chatter". The drive motors on each side plug into the circuit board, both having a diff size plug, so you can't switch them to eliminate gearboxs. Its not the circuit board, I sw'd them and no diff. Now the hand throttles on each side, I can't get enough screws out to get them off? Any hints on tearing one down to individual components?
By dlgg7
P.S.- I've tried to remove the joystick on the side to ck the wiring on the bottom, and can't get to it after taking the wheel off and removing all the visible screws that would hold it. I also took the screws out attacking the round metal tube running through it and it still doesn't come out. I'd take the wheels off and remove the gearbox from that side and apply voltage straight to the motor lugs to see if the problem is in the gearbox if I knew which screws? Thnx (Model # FLC39)
By dlgg7
Hmm, a week and no-ones tore one of these apart? OK, I've already pretty well had all the wiring out to trace problems with one of them. Course, giving $40. for 2 new, just no batteries or chargers, (which I've got like 12-sla's to change out when the kids run'em down! So, both working perfect right now, so really with the selection of 4 speeds with the circuit board, 3 is pretty feisty, I'm waiting a while before even going to 4 or 5! :o
By toycrusher
So what did you find was wrong with it?
By dlgg7
Actually, even tho they both hadn't touched the ground yet just looking at the wheels, the circuit board had two different sockets that were missing from the board the wiring harnesses plug into. By looking at the other one, I removed the plug from the wiring and soldered directly to the connects the socket was supposed to be on the board. Flys now! Great deal at $40. for both! Good thing about these "toys", is although I've got way more than the 2 grandkids we're raising can ride, the times I took em to the big park just down the road that has a wide walking track probably a 1/2mi long around it, there's always other kids that come running wanting to ride. I'll gradually give some to kids that might not have a chance to get something like this!! That's worth it!!
By toycrusher
Thanks for the update! I've been dying to build one... for adults! :twisted:
By dlgg7
I'd have to agree w/you! I'm thinking about trying a little harder to pick-up a power-wheel chair to use the drive motors and electronics off of. Just missed one in a local auction that had new batteries and tires, (Jazzy brand), went for $165. I had it till it got to 145, but ended up figuring fixing one of the kids cars would just make me have to do the other one! But,,,,, I'd think the drive motors off of one would go nicely with something like an adult one, Hmmmmmmm

I have a minimoto that the previous owner replaced[…]

Didn't expect Amazon to come so quickly, but looks[…]

ESC vs Drill trigger

Pirsen, how could you use a pedal, does any instru[…]

Battery questions

Just got 2 free power wheels. 1. Jeep has origina[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course