HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By UnionSparky
Okay, so I'm a dad, and like we all do I've been waiting for my son to be old enough for his first (well, second) Ride-on. I've lurked these forums many times, so I'm somewhat familiar with the working of how the modding goes - and as my username says, I'm a union electrician.

I was cruising Goodwill, as you do, and I saw a vehicle I've never seen before. It is an F1 style car. 2.5 & 5mph toggle switch, forward/reverse, adjustable mirrors, toggle-on motor & "sound" (I'm guessing it makes engine sounds as it drives). Adjustable seat, it has 2x 6v 10ah batteries feeding 2x 12v motors w/in-line fuses, heavy duty wiring harness, badass tires, metal steering linkage... HOLY SMOKES I had to get it.

Of course, no charger and it looks like someone has already replaced both batteries and took everything apart to inspect the way I did.

The decals list a site: dextonkids.com. They seem to make higher end toys, but I can't find ANY documentation anywhere that this thing even exists. There are some obviously cheaper versions with similar styling, but I couldn't find much at all.

The gearbox housing, motor mount and wheel hubs/drive seem to be very unique. I'm hoping the experts here can help me find some info on this vehicle (or a clone) so I can begin the process of upgrades ;-)

For now, I have no charger, and the two 6V batteries are wired into a single harness, just like a 4-pin flat trailer hookup. Any recommendations on a decent quick charger for this? I may end up needing to changing some of the other components as well - I'm not even sure if it has electronic speed control, or just a GO pedal. Before I tore everything apart, I wanted to see what you guys thought! Worth the $25, or should not go back and get the pink Barbie Jeep with bald wheels?

Heres an album of relevant pics!

Goodwill Ride-on Find! https://imgur.com/gallery/fXj0i
Dune racer batman 24 volt help

Stock PW motor is 15.7 RPM at 12V, 400mN*m torq[…]

powerwheels Bigfoot

Not metal frame. Needs wiring replaced. Melted fr[…]

I'm not sure about the others, but I run what I us[…]

4wheeler won’t run

I bought a Peg Perego 4wheeler from a friend. They[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course