HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By Kiwi81uk
Hi all, guess I need some help, have been looking for a answer but can’t seem to find it ...
I got a 6V Bmw i8 with a 6V engine that I bought in used condition... I thought it was suppose to have 2 engines on bought sides but it only has one ... so to add a second one ... I can just get another one and, connect it ?
Another thing is I want it to go faster, so if I add another battery of 6 to make it 12v ... it won’t fry the lights and the music ? Or it should work fine in 12v ? Also did planned to upgrade the engines to hpi gt 550 but what battery’s are recommended for that? I’ve seen some ppl using lipo ones.... thanks to all
By najnad
Yes, if you get a second motor/gearbox and are able to mount it properly, it should work with the existing battery/wiring/etc. Just your drive time will be reduced due to the additional drain on the battery.
As for the increase to 12v, if it works it will increase the speed. However, depending on the wiring/circuit board the i8 uses, it may not be able to handle the increase in voltage. The circuit board could fry. I would do some more searches for anyone who has modified an i8 and/or a ride-on made by the same manufacturer to see what they did and what works/doesnt. Good luck!
Dune racer build up help

If you want to retain similar torque to the "[…]

i am curious, can’t seem to find this anywhere. bu[…]

"Best" Choice JEEP

Chances of both motors failing are slim. Can you r[…]

Sounds like the relay coil may have failed. Make s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course