Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
Bought my son a Kid Trax Police Charger a while back and has worked well but suddenly having an issue - the battery is fully charged (12 volt) and I just had it checked at Batteries+ to confirm. The car does start when I first plug the battery in. The siren etc all seem to work well. BUT as soon as I push the gas pedal the whole care dies and needs to be restarted...sometimes it won't restart until I unplug/ replug the battery. Sometimes it will not die immediately but will make a screeching/ stressful sound when the pedal is pushed, then die after a few seconds.

If the car is plugged into the wall and battery is bypassed everything seems to work consistently but when the pedal is pushed it makes tiny little jumps like it wants to drive but wont go anywhere.

Any ideas or advice would be SO appreciated. My husband is pretty handy but hasn't messed with wiring so we are unsure where to start with this. We were hoping it was just the battery but sounds like it might be more...

Motor/Gearbox binding? Try turning the rear wheels by hand (one at a time) and check for odd sounds and difference in resistance. The "screaching" sounds like it may be the motors stalling due to binding or resistance. If the battery is indeed good, then there may be a breaker popping and protecting the vehicle and wiring as its supposed to.
It really sounds like a bad battery. I know you had it checked but I'm not convinced that they load tested it. I would check battery voltage when the problem occurs. Its doing everything that every Kids Trax vehicle does when the battery dies.
Back again... With another Beetle...

My 5 year old talked me into dragging this free Be[…]

I think that you could do with a few pics to drive[…]

Recharge a half drained battery?

There are a wide assortment of the best car batter[…]

Have you done any testing of voltages at various p[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course