HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
Hello all,

Just thought I would share this build. I got this tractor at a yard sale for $10. Stripped it, cleaned it and painted it for my son who just turned 4. He has given me new purpose for DIYing... Anyway in stock condition it wouldn't move in the snow so we had to fix that.

Ill keep the details short, but the skis are 3- 1/2" PVC trim mounted to 1- 1/4" maple I had in the garage from an old bed frame. The rear was fabricated from whatever I had laying around and I used the suspension from a knock off ride on jeep. I also replaced the axles with threaded rod . The track is an anti fatigue mat i cut down and I used 7/8" rubber bumpers to turn the drive wheel into a gear. Ironically the circumference of the wheel was within 1/16" of the size needed to accommodate the hole centers on the mat. (I lucked out)

So the goal was to do this without spending much money and it was pretty successful. The motors are stock and run off 18v Li-ion drill batteries. My son loves it and its pretty awesome in the snow. I attached a vid and a few pics.

Thanks for looking, Sal

Fantastic!

I was wondering if noone had done a snowmobileconversion.
Could you go into a bit more detail about the rear attachment? I would love to do this over the summer so it's ready for next season.

Kind regards.

I looked at the circuit board. It doesn't appear t[…]

Relays don't pull a lot of current (50-150mA depen[…]

newbie with wheels

pictures

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Pedal switch stuck in closed position or shorted m[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course