Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
My daughter fell in love with this thing the first time she laid eyes on it, but now that she’s 4 as of a month ago today, it was “too boring” for her! So not knowing where to start, I stumbled across this amazing forum that I’m sure is going to get me in so much trouble with her Dad (he’s a real mechanic, and works on real vehicles) because I keep asking him for help. Well more like, dropped it off at his house and basically begged him to see why it wasn’t running. Haha. After 3 weeks, a butchered wiring harness, and pieces that I’m sure will never be found, I replaced the relay and it came to life. Since then I have built an almost identical wiring harness, went from a 6v to 12v battery, new motor and gearbox, and got a 6 siren horn/loudspeaker (not the smartest thing I’ve done) I was showing her some of the pictures on here and now she has a list, she has already talked me into ordering led underglow lights that should’ve here tomorrow. But first things first, this thing goes from o to 10 so fast and she’s so tiny (30 lbs, 37”) she gives me a handful of grays everytime she takes a corner. It has a twist throttle on it but But all the ones I see are 24v. And I’m at a standstill with how to wire it or the led underglows up. Do I put her old battery in to run all the accessories. Sorry this post [/img]is so long. I’ve tried talking her into a different PW, but she’s not having it and I’m too young to have gray hair!! Please help!!
Attachments
Screenshot_20180420-060022.jpg
Screenshot_20180420-060022.jpg (142.98 KiB) Viewed 228 times
IMG_5267.PNG
IMG_5267.PNG (978.47 KiB) Viewed 228 times

Good job on figuring out the busted relay! Going from nothing to building a full wiring harness is no slouch either.

>she has already talked me into ordering led underglow lights that should’ve here tomorrow.

If you've got a link, someone can tell you how to wire it in. There's a million different light strips out there. Some work fine from 12-120 volts, others need a specific 'flavor' of go juice.

> It has a twist throttle on it

A regular 12 volt motor & gearbox on a bike will get her up to about 5-6 MPH. The stock throttle looks like a real one, but in almost every case once you turn it past a certain point, it goes straight from 0-100% power. The only thing preventing serious whiplash and broken gearboxes is the slick plastic wheels- they have terrible traction, so they act like a clutch in a car until they catch. You've got a couple of options:

1. Buy a basic ESC (electronic scooter controller) kit. About $150. Slows down the acceleration and braking.
2. Buy a full control ESC and a real throttle, $170-$200. Total speed control.
2. Get a 'potentiometer' or 'pot' throttle rated for 30 amps. Wire it up as part of the circuit between battery and motor. Get a little $3 on/off switch, mount it somewhere, run the wiring for the existing throttle to it. About $20-$40.

Now is the perfect time to teach her about helmets too. *WHEN* (not if) she eventually falls off from playing around after she's comfortable with it, the helmet will bounce off the pavement instead of her head.
newbie with wheels

pictures

Would it be possible to use this switch in the ste[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Pedal switch stuck in closed position or shorted m[…]

Keep the supply voltage to the relays and accessor[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course