Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
Hey friends, I've tried searching previous posts and I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I'm just not finding the right keywords to pull up the results.

I'd like to upgrade my daughter's 12V barbie Cadillac to 24V, along with the 775 motors and metal 1st gears, but I also want to add a bunch of accessories. (Head lights, underbody lights, reverse and brake lights, upgraded stereo/speaker, voltmeter, etc)

Just about all of those extras I'd like to add are 12V accessories.

Being that I'm a total n00b and numb from the countless hours of Youtube videos and forum trolling, I just can't seem to figure out the wiring that would be needed.

Will I need a Voltage reducer to run from the batteries to all the 12V accessories?
Any kind of fuses or a power distributor?

I've attached a general layout without the wires to hopefully get an idea of the ambitious goals I'm working towards.
Power Wheels Modifications.jpg
Power Wheels Modifications.jpg (132.69 KiB) Viewed 790 times
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You will need a reducer. When you purchase the Ride=on Lighting Kit from MLToys.com you have the option of having it come with a Voltage Reducer. The Ride-on Kit is designed so you can then add as many more lights to it as you wish.
If you have two identical accessories, like two headlights, you can probably run them in series.

If you're technically inclined, there are cheap DC-DC voltage converters you can get off ebay for just a few dollars, you can search on "step down buck converter" and look for one that exceeds your amperage requirements and from a reputable supplier. Be sure to set the voltage on one separately with a voltmeter before connecting any load to one.

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

So I saw on Amazon that they sell 24v gears it say[…]

Batmobile- 1992 Power Drivers

I'd try to plastic weld the cracks, pretty easy to[…]

Plasti-dip

I wouldn't recommend it. I've dipped my Hayabusa […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course