HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By fallinfrom0feet
SOoOO im a complete noob at this. No real backround in anything like this.. but im pretty handy so figured id give it a try. I have probably bit off more then i can chew but what do i have to loose!

Ive read/watched a few tutorials on coverting a regular power wheels to remote control. and all that ive seen are basicly gutting and cutting all the old wiring and stuff. some leaving them more intact then others (to convert back)

BUt I was wondering... would there be an easy-ish way to have my cake and eat it too? Ive seen it done with store bought but thats not an option for me. see grandiose plans at the end.

My ideal world, I basicly just hack into whats already there, install all my parts and still have full fuctionality of the power wheels. Why? Thinking ahead here, kids always end up running into a rut in the ground, or havent learned backing up very well. picture me sitting on the back porch watching my son drive around, boom hes stuck, pull out my trusty controller and back him up and out of his sticky situation (obviously ill have to get off my buttocks once in a while if hes stuck in a rut or something but hey this could save me at least 1 trip right?)

Is this possible?

So my husband is really into batman, and im really into nerdy stuff. We went to a thrift store and low and behold the holy grail.... batmobile powerwheels looks brand new just doesnt come with the battery charger... of coarse we had to get it... problem? my son isnt old enough to drive it yet. BING- IDEA! convert to remote control, install better seating with 5 point hardness (he does fine in a stroller with just the lap belt but wanted a little more security), dress him up as batman, BOOM BEST HALLOWEEN COSTUME EVER! If i was really good i would use something similar to an xbox or playstation controller and have some buttons function lighting, sounds, and whatever else awesomeness i could think of. but this is me having restraint :lol:

any how to videos or tutorials on anything that could help please send em my way.

So one of the motors burned out on my kids Viper. […]

I have a Power Wheels Duner racer. I upgraded it t[…]

introduction

Hello everyone just getting into this new hobby an[…]

My kids birthday is coming up and I want to get hi[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course