HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By Jilleyann
Its up and running! Thanks you guys for your fast help, every night Madisons dad and grandpa would pull up the diagram you linked us and work on her car, three nights later here we are! I hope this link works, we posted her maiden voyage on youtube. I sent a shout out to this site in the description, we wouldn't have been able to do this without your help, and it has brightened her day! Madi has always been very skittish so she touches that monetary switch and freezes lol leading to a jerky ride! But it was a happy day, enjoy the vid!
If for whatever reason this doesn't send you to the video it is titled Madison in her Modified Power Wheels Mustang, check it out!

I don't know the specifics but they installed an on off switch on the dash, and then her button on her steering wheel, on the left backside where her thumb naturally rests.

When we got this for Madi we were called mean and told we had no common sense, since she 'couldn't use it' we showed them!
Thanks again!

By sea_stork
That's awesome. I'm glad you showed them, and this forum was able to help. Nice Mustang! 8-)
By Jilleyann
Thanks! I was eyeing the Pink Cadillac Escalade, but she's too short to even reach the steering wheel lol We knew she liked the mustang when she cried as we tried to take her out of it to pay for it, who knows, maybe in a few years we can upgrade to the Escalade and mod that. Were pros now haha =)
I'm new to the forums, So I havent been up to date with the mods. But I read the discription on the video and I'm truely touched. To cool.
Last edited by vedderman123 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jilleyann
Thanks for all the sweet comments, Madi is still enjoying her mustang. My main goal is to show other Spina Bifida parents that there are bright moments and their children can be 'normal' too!
Klowne wrote:That's one of the most awesome things I've seen in a while. I love it, how dare people call you mean for getting her something she will love!
Thanks Klowne I agree! Luckily since I'm her mom I trump them and have proven all the nay-sayers wrong. I understand they mean well and just want to protect her from feeling different, they just have the wrong idea, the difference needs to be embraced! I'm gonna spread the word so that more people can see how easy this is and get their kids mobile. I'll make sure to credit this site, your all my daughters heroes =)
By maxjr
Hi all,
About to begin a mod on a COOL CONVERTIBLE sold by Walmart on Black FRI>for my 3 y/o grandaughter who was born Spina Bifida. will let ya know how it turns out and post pictures> Wish me Luck ! Pleaseeeeeeee
By Divinar
maxjr wrote:Hi all,
About to begin a mod on a COOL CONVERTIBLE sold by Walmart on Black FRI>for my 3 y/o grandaughter who was born Spina Bifida. will let ya know how it turns out and post pictures> Wish me Luck ! Pleaseeeeeeee
"Good Luck!"

Seriously, the modification isn't hard. Stopping is hard :oops:
By maxjr
Hi
Mod on the Cool Convertible completed, although the wiring was totaly different than the diagraham posted by halfwhiz. This was to be expected as it was a different manufactor, nothing was even close, switches and plugs, were all different. Was able to obtain hand control by Locking foot petal down, and replacing the on off power switch, with a momentary switch placed in the steering wheel. Once all put back together and we hit the switch the wheels ran like crazy IN REVERSE ! As it turns out the gear boxes were labeled wrong. We knew we had not changed anything to make it run in reverse, we switched the motor/gearbox side to side and walaha it worked as we hoped it would !
Help. 6 volt not enough.

Ebay has them. HF3FF/012-1ZST, I bought 2. Will […]

I have started the conversion process, added a sec[…]

Gaucho Grande gearboxes

I have a faded old Yellow Gaucho Grande I have bee[…]

It would be consistent if he only had 3 customers.[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course