Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
PM counter needs some duct tape .. never seems to count messages lol ................... which reminds me i havent checked that in a while O_O
bonescrub wrote:I would like the ability to search the words " grave digger" with out it saying these words are too common.

No kidding! Seems like no matter what I put in as a term to search I get the same response! Grrrrr :evil:
By CJB
Madmax and Battman were discussing with 12vwiz in THIS thread about having a thread for an author to keep all of his/her own wiring diagrams together in.

How about a forum/subforum with threads titled by username for drawings?

For example, 12vwiz would create a topic called "12vwiz diagrams" and he would post (or least hotlink) his portfolio of diagrams he's drawn. Posting by others would be heavily discouraged/deleted.

I know I've done enough diagrams as well that sometimes I wish I knew where I posted them when needed for reference on another thread. Searching doesn't always prevail (for obvious reasons).
CJB wrote:Madmax and Battman were discussing with 12vwiz in THIS thread about having a thread for an author to keep all of his/her own wiring diagrams together in.

For example, 12vwiz would create a topic called "12vwiz diagrams" and he would post (or least hotlink) his portfolio of diagrams he's drawn. Posting by others would be heavily discouraged/deleted.

I know I've done enough diagrams as well that sometimes I wish I knew where I posted them when needed for reference on another thread. Searching doesn't always prevail (for obvious reasons).

+1. If that is not feasible, you link threads and/or posts by an author to there profile picture? So, when I click on CJB an see his profile, I could at least see all the threads he has started or maybe even his individual posts.
daveweber34 wrote:
CJB wrote:Madmax and Battman were discussing with 12vwiz in THIS thread about having a thread for an author to keep all of his/her own wiring diagrams together in.

+1. If that is not feasible, you link threads and/or posts by an author to there profile picture? So, when I click on CJB an see his profile, I could at least see all the threads he has started or maybe even his individual posts.

Now that you say it like that, a guy could make a thread in some obscure unused section (???????? perhaps) and simply place the link in his signature to appear below each post. Similar to as shown below with the vehicles.
I come from another site.... http://www.xbox-scene.com
when i go there i can choose "forums" or "tutorials"

there they have a entire section on tutorials alone. All the tutorials in one spot with its own link to OLD and NEW and Types.

This site i feel could use something like that.

tut on stupid pushlock nuts
tut on 12v 18v upgrades
tut on gearbox removal+Install
tut on wheel removal+Install
tut on motor removal +Install
tut on lights
tut on wiring diagrams
tut on traction ideas
tut on common problems and fixes
tut on batteries chargers
tut on steering sag fix
tut on testing batteries motors gearboxes
tut on wiping ones own arse
man i can go on on on on about this

I know it seem stupid riduculous but it would keep so many post from being asked again and again. When someone ask the same old question they get one answer from an admin on xboxscene.... and its a link to the tutorial section wich covers it all.

You can break em down as much as you want and usally a member will make a very nice detailed pictured tut on whatevr subject and an admin will sticky it and put it in the correct spot if its a real good informative and easy to understand one. Not just any tut.

Instead of stickying some here and there in threads put em all in one spot. ALL

Just my opinion.....
DIFF. sections for diff. manuf would be nice

a

Power Wheels section, maybe sub folders w/ jeeps/quads/cars....
Peg
Dumar
???
chronotrigger681 wrote:I come from another site.... http://www.xbox-scene.com
when i go there i can choose "forums" or "tutorials"

there they have a entire section on tutorials alone. All the tutorials in one spot with its own link to OLD and NEW and Types.

This site i feel could use something like that.

tut on stupid pushlock nuts
tut on 12v 18v upgrades
tut on gearbox removal+Install
tut on wheel removal+Install
tut on motor removal +Install
tut on lights
tut on wiring diagrams
tut on traction ideas
tut on common problems and fixes
tut on batteries chargers
tut on steering sag fix
tut on testing batteries motors gearboxes
tut on wiping ones own arse
man i can go on on on on about this

I know it seem stupid riduculous but it would keep so many post from being asked again and again. When someone ask the same old question they get one answer from an admin on xboxscene.... and its a link to the tutorial section wich covers it all.

You can break em down as much as you want and usally a member will make a very nice detailed pictured tut on whatevr subject and an admin will sticky it and put it in the correct spot if its a real good informative and easy to understand one. Not just any tut.

Instead of stickying some here and there in threads put em all in one spot. ALL

Just my opinion.....

Isn't that a lot like saying that wrenches need to come with an instruction manual? The repeat of questions in the forum is for one reason and one reason only -laziness. Now I don't mean that to be mean but there are 2 perfectly good search boxes to research the forum. The people that ask a question about a mod, a repair or a particular vehicle without consulting the search box are the same ones that had their roomate write their research paper in college. The world of instant gratification has ruined the upcoming generations. Ruined.
If you want to mod a power wheels, a specific level of skill is involved. No skill? No mod. If your best buddy who was a carpenter read a tutorial on removing your kidney for donation, would you let him? No. There is a point where people have to be cut off from the hand feeding that society has caused them to be so dependent on. You cannot repair a PW with a mouse, therefore, you have to have some level of mechanical experience to build or modify a vehicle for your child. My father once told my grandfather that he needed new tools. My grandfather's response was "no son, you need to learn to use the ones you have".
If and only if someone has researched the forum and cannot find an answer to a particular question will I answer. I used to answer every question I could. Not anymore. If someone tries and then needs help, they are not in the aforementioned group of "instant grits". Hard work and dedication built this country and the need for instant gratification will destroy it.
Last edited by ms1120 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is there a way to set it up to look for a specific power wheels?

Power Wheels(make) Extreme machine(model)

An then have specific topics just on this particular power wheels an also have like the upgrades that are similar like gearboxes out of this an such. Idk maybe I'm just a tard when it comes to searching for things lol
ms1120 wrote:Isn't that a lot like saying that wrenches need to come with an instruction manual? The repeat of questions in the forum is for one reason and one reason only -laziness. Now I don't mean that to be mean but there are 2 perfectly good search boxes to research the forum. The people that ask a question about a mod, a repair or a particular vehicle without consulting the search box are the same ones that had their roomate write their research paper in college. The world of instant gratification has ruined the upcoming generations. Ruined.
If you want to mod a power wheels, a specific level of skill is involved. No skill? No mod. If your best buddy who was a carpenter read a tutorial on removing your kidney for donation, would you let him? No. There is a point where people have to be cut off from the hand feeding that society has caused them to be so dependent on. You cannot repair a PW with a mouse, therefore, you have to have some level of mechanical experience to build or modify a vehicle for your child. My father once told my grandfather that he needed new tools. My grandfather's response was "no son, you need to learn to use the ones you have".
If and only if someone has researched the forum and cannot find an answer to a particular question will I answer. I used to answer every question I could. Not anymore. If someone tries and then needs help, they are not in the aforementioned group of "instant grits". Hard work and dedication built this country and the need for instant gratification will destroy it.

Amen.
Can anyone tell me why the forum looks like this on my computer? Did the format change in the last month? Is it a setting that i may have changed on my computer? I find it hard to follow this way.

Thank you.

not sure why .. but it did that untill i updated the .pdf file assistant on IE for my windows XP .... if the website is useing adobe .. makesure you have the adobe addons up to date
I was at the local gas station and saw some magazines and it got me thinking, when are we going to have a section on the forum where women from "warm" climates are suggestively draped across some BPROs? :o :lol:
Last edited by daveweber34 on Sat May 18, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I had one request it would be a chat forum. open chat with mpw junkies for rainy days and nights between projects to get their fix on.... but I can quit whenever I want......
daveweber34 wrote:I was at the local gas station and saw some magazines and it got me thinking, when are we going to have a section on the forum where women from "warm" climates are suggestively draped across some BPROs? :o :lol:

How big are your BPROs? Maybe you can find some midgets in swimwear near you... :o
CJB wrote:
daveweber34 wrote:I was at the local gas station and saw some magazines and it got me thinking, when are we going to have a section on the forum where women from "warm" climates are suggestively draped across some BPROs? :o :lol:

How big are your BPROs? Maybe you can find some midgets in swimwear near you... :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CJB wrote:

Hmmmm, in my family we don't call little ones midgets. We call them "kids" and we have three of them running around in my house. ;) :lol:
daveweber34 wrote:
CJB wrote:

Hmmmm, in my family we don't call little ones midgets. We call them "kids" and we have three of them running around in my house. ;) :lol:

I'm pretty sure the posting of your kids in swimsuits sitting on a BPRO would violate the forum rules. And my moral rules. :lol:
What's the parameters to get one's group out of the New Club/Feelers section and be put on the list where the Texas or New England modders are?

We've got plenty of people in our area and our group has a lot of posts.
http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9596

Thanks!
I would like to suggest that we have a nomination thread to our Moderator picks section. If that is accepted, I would like to nominate Battman2036's K.I.P.P. Knight Industries Pursuit Package to the Pimp it Out section. Not only is it a great Mod, but it has a lot of detail and explanation that might be helpful to others. It has everything in it; sounds, lights, decals, and much more. Here is the link to the thread, thank you!

http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13182
Can we move the Feedback Lists forum over to the Buy and Sell forum?

It would be moved from where it is to - Buy and Sell Forum. I think it would be better to have it there being that is what it goes along with. Also, it might help remind members when they're buying and selling to leave feedback. I know personally I've done about 10 transactions on this website and I've only gotten one feedback. I've received messages from members telling me they got their stuff or that they appreciate me buying off of them, but they fail to leave feedback. I really believe feedback helps in sales. Thanks

I also started a Member Master Feedback Index (with the approval from the mods) and I think it's a great tool to make leaving feedback virtually hassleless.

Member Master Feedback Index
I don't think anyone's reading my request, lol, but here's another one.

Why is it that when I try to look up a member's name by their first initial, I get an error everytime. If you click on Members in the bar near the top and then click on "G" for example, it gives you an error.

Thanks
iDz Bowl wrote:What's the parameters to get one's group out of the New Club/Feelers section and be put on the list where the Texas or New England modders are?

We've got plenty of people in our area and our group has a lot of posts.
http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9596

Thanks!

Any word on this? Just throwing it out there. We have over 80 posts in our thread and we're still in the "new club feeler" section, could we be moved out of there onto the main page with the other 2?

Thanks,
iDz Bowl
I ran into a problem entering the verification yesterday when registering. I followed the instructions word for word but couldn't figure it out
It told me basically "there are three words that make up the website name, enter the first thee letters of each word, capitals, no spaces. Three of them"
I thought that meant MODPOWWHE or MODPOWWHEMODPOWWHEMODPOWWHE
Turns out it was MPW
It might be clearer to understand if it said something like "There are three words that make up the website name. Enter the first letter of each of the three words in all capitals and with no spaces. (Hint: There should be three letters total)"

I know I'm new here and I don't want to step on any toes but I probably got locked out a dozen times almost before I got it. It was very frustrating
Just hoping I could help future members
Actually, this is what it says:

There are three words that make up the domain name for this site. What is the first three letters of each? Capital letters no spaces. three of them:

While I agree it could be worded better, the "Capital letters no spaces. Three of them" tells you it's three letters.

Yeah, that is confusing. I think you're the first to bring it up, though. You might be smarter than the rest of us!

:lol:
h-bomb wrote:Actually, this is what it says:

There are three words that make up the domain name for this site. What is the first three letters of each? Capital letters no spaces. three of them:

While I agree it could be worded better, the "Capital letters no spaces. Three of them" tells you it's three letters.

Yeah, that is confusing. I think you're the first to bring it up, though. You might be smarter than the rest of us!

:lol:

I don't think I would have even gotten on here if my wife hadn't suggested MPW. I was trying to find the contact info for the site to see what the code was. I had even tried to find the contact info for the site owner on site regsitries. I was desparate. lol
I also couldn't see the moderators contact info as I wasn't a member yet. Quite a catch 22.
Maye you haven't heard any complaints as of yet because everyone else that couldn't figure it out gave up lol
BigBadJohn wrote:I thought that meant MODPOWWHE
You have a valid point. Your answer is correct to the only question being asked. "What is the first three letters of each?"

It should read 'What is the first letter of each?'
Last edited by 12vwiz on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your very first post must be approved before the system let's you post more, you should be good now
Why can I only reply in certain sections and why can I not make a new post ? Certain amount of posts before I can do these things ? Im Assuming the new and old forums are being merged and under construction ?
First PW, not new to modding cars or toys, this is going to be great, so glad that there's a forum for this stuff too ! But I can't even post new in the Intoduction section so it assuming somethings not right...??
Corevette Motor

so much info on this site, but I can't keep it all[…]

Great project! If you click my projects link in m[…]

Unfortunately you are better off with something li[…]

I too would recommend east coast power ups or CJB'[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course