Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
#8093
Kstorm21 wrote:I don't understand why it would be an issue if they are no longer in production. They should have them available then.


The Hummer has been licensed to Funcreations, they have new ones, and they even offer parts (for an arm and a leg, I posted a link in the suppliers section) They don't offer decals though.
Last edited by sea_stork on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#9929
chozian wrote:test

Excellent! Thanks for adding the strikethrough feature! :D


Testing Slap EricStrike through

Coool!!!

Racer X

I have not been in this section yet so I am learning a lot (I still have a ton of reading to go so you may see a few more test of things others probably feel is old hat).
#9934
sea_stork wrote:
Kstorm21 wrote:I don't understand why it would be an issue if they are no longer in production. They should have them available then.


The Hummer has been licensed to Funcreations, they have new ones, and they even offer parts (for an arm and a leg, I posted a link in the suppliers section) They don't offer decals though.



Sea_Stork,

I sent you a PM about this before I saw you had already responded in the forum. Sorry I sent out the PM before I finsihed reading the thread.

Racer X
#13672
I dont know if it has already been presented but here it goes. I have noticed that a few members, not many, have had trouble with people not living up to their end of deals. Is there any way possible to incorporate some sort of protection on transactions. I mean it doesnt have to be anything as big as ebay or anything, but something so that there is a way for people to have some sort of coverage ( not by the site itself ) so that if they get the short end of the stick, then they have a way of getting their end of the bargain. Just a suggestion, I am not sure what would go into it or if it would be possible for this site, but it would help.
#13928
joker1775 wrote:I dont know if it has already been presented but here it goes. I have noticed that a few members, not many, have had trouble with people not living up to their end of deals. Is there any way possible to incorporate some sort of protection on transactions. I mean it doesnt have to be anything as big as ebay or anything, but something so that there is a way for people to have some sort of coverage ( not by the site itself ) so that if they get the short end of the stick, then they have a way of getting their end of the bargain. Just a suggestion, I am not sure what would go into it or if it would be possible for this site, but it would help.


I believe the PayPal Purchase Protection should have you covered.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full#13.%20PayPal%20Purchase%20Protection.
#25264
i would like to see a problems and solution section that includes regular updates on peoples projects its good hear about projects good and bad (the worst mod ever made better?) i cant be the only one that ever learned from mistakes it might save us some money or make our kids a little safer
#29353
I've not long been using it myself to be honest! :)

But, as I do a lot of my web browsing on iPhone/iPad it really is a much much better user experience than mobile Safari!

Its a lot faster, and makes viewing picture/vids a lot better too. Theres plenty of videos on YouTube if you search for tapatalk that'll give you a better idea :)

The implementation part is way over my head, but from what i've read its pretty easy to do!
By CMJ
#30201
Would it be possible to open up the search feature on the archived forums? I would like to be able to click on the profiles of some of the prolific posters and just view their posts. Currently you need to be a member of that forum to do that, and it is not possible to become a member over there anymore.
User avatar
By CJB
#30205
CMJ wrote:Would it be possible to open up the search feature on the archived forums? I would like to be able to click on the profiles of some of the prolific posters and just view their posts. Currently you need to be a member of that forum to do that, and it is not possible to become a member over there anymore.


If you type into your google search "site:modifiedpowerwheels.com" (space) whatever you're searching for, it'll search both forums.

Example:

site:modifiedpowerwheels.com grave digger

will return results containing 'grave digger' from both forums
By CMJ
#30213
CJB wrote:
CMJ wrote:Would it be possible to open up the search feature on the archived forums? I would like to be able to click on the profiles of some of the prolific posters and just view their posts. Currently you need to be a member of that forum to do that, and it is not possible to become a member over there anymore.


If you type into your google search "site:modifiedpowerwheels.com" (space) whatever you're searching for, it'll search both forums.

Example:

site:modifiedpowerwheels.com grave digger

will return results containing 'grave digger' from both forums



I want to be able to click on a users profile and the click "See all posts by user" you can't do that with google.
By CMJ
#30222
That does not give you the users posts, it only gives you posts that have the users name mentioned in the title or the body of the post. For example if I search "Grant" my only results are when other people say Grant in their posts. When you go into a users profile and click see all posts by member, you will get every post by that user and nothing else. If the user has 400 post you will see exactly 400 posts.
#31747
Smart Phone App? You build a smart phone app when you need something custom. I use an iPhone and the formatting of this page works perfectly in it where whether I'm portrait/landscape, it will setup the page to fit the width of my screen. Of course a little de-pinching will zoom me in.

In fact, due to Apple's inability to process competing apps in anyway, developers are becoming ever frustrated with the submission process and are changing away from smart phone apps to Web UI for their apps. Not only does this get them around the submitting process to Apple, they work on ANY smart phone since its WEB based... like this web page. :-)
User avatar
By CJB
#31792
Can someone throw together a FAQ of

"My ride keeps starting and stopping! HELP!"
Info on how to locate and replace your worn out thermal breaker

I'd do it but all of my rides are finally put together and buttoned up (unable to get pictures of bussbars and such)
#31823
buzz wrote:Smart Phone App? You build a smart phone app when you need something custom. I use an iPhone and the formatting of this page works perfectly in it where whether I'm portrait/landscape, it will setup the page to fit the width of my screen. Of course a little de-pinching will zoom me in.

In fact, due to Apple's inability to process competing apps in anyway, developers are becoming ever frustrated with the submission process and are changing away from smart phone apps to Web UI for their apps. Not only does this get them around the submitting process to Apple, they work on ANY smart phone since its WEB based... like this web page. :-)


I guess I just have fat fingers because everytime I try to select something I get the PM page for the person who started the thread. Was just a thought, page works great on the desktop :D . Might just be user error :oops:
#31841
Yeah, sometimes the small screens on smart phones are tough, but unlike apps, you can just de-pinch to zoom. ;-)
Last edited by buzz on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#34460
You know what would be cool is to see the projects section broken down by vehicle so it would be super easy to see projects done on a specific vehicle (i.e. Mustang, Escalade, Jeep, Gator,etc.)
#38365
hootienchyna wrote:smileys
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


+1! we need those things


I also think we need to make the signature character limit 1000 because it said when I edited my signature that it had over 500 characters. but in posts there is much less because almost half is taken up by website names inside url's ect.


thats all I have for now
Last edited by AlexL on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#41531
I have not read all the comments. Is there anyway that we could build a "Archive" for all the known, past and present BPRO'S. Something that would include a topic for each and single one that can be possibly added that would include a pic, product information, highlights for the frequently asked questions such as the GB T type,pinion etc... Members could post pic's and pertinent product information only in that specific vehicles topic. It would take some time and elbow grease but it's the only thing I can think of that would "really" improve the site! Plus it would kick buttocks! I would be willing to help or take on that privilege. The searching between two different domains is enough to frustrate some when trying to find an answer to a problem without having to start a 5th topic about it. In short, this is a pretty rockin little site :D
Last edited by All4TheBoys on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#41685
I would like to see a forum section or sticky topic for Scanned Decal sheets. This would keep them all in one place and make it easy to find images of decal sets. I'm not sure where they need to be housed so that the can stay high resolution...(that's what you're for Jparthum, ideas? :lol: )

I know there is a great set for the Gaucho Grande out there from Rino and there must be others as well. Let's put them all together!
#41779
@All4TheBoys: We've had discussions about something similar in the past, but never really came up with any ideas that wouldn't require a database, other than a cumbersome and redundant comprehensive list for each vehicle, which would be pretty overwhelming to navigate. :? :(

But we've also had some discussions regarding ways to improve the 'flow' of the Forum Topics so that they function a little more like a database - mainly, by expanding the number of sub-topics so that information would be (theoretically) posted in a more 'sorted' fashion, thus easier to initially identify and locate. One drawback however, is that browsing to a specific post for which the location is already known, as well as navigating between various post which are currently in the same Forum, would then require more steps than they do now. :|


@jam1ej20: I've now created a gmail account specifically for the forum - "modifiedpowerwheels.com@gmail.com". Of course the account includes all the typical Google 'perks', so we can now utilize this for pics, videos, documents, calendars, etc., and link to them from here without them being 'hosted' by this site, or relying on a member's account. :geek:

Just email any information that you would like to be permanently hosted by Google, and linked to in this forum, to the email address above. :)


@hungngo: I'm not seeing the link you referred to - " view your posts ". :? :oops:
Can you elaborate?
#42324
drew510 wrote:You know what would be cool is to see the projects section broken down by vehicle so it would be super easy to see projects done on a specific vehicle (i.e. Mustang, Escalade, Jeep, Gator,etc.)



This is a great idea!
#42361
gwinnythepooh wrote:
drew510 wrote:You know what would be cool is to see the projects section broken down by vehicle so it would be super easy to see projects done on a specific vehicle (i.e. Mustang, Escalade, Jeep, Gator,etc.)



This is a great idea!


+1

Sounds like a lot of work to get everything categorized though.
#42846
hootienchyna wrote:that would be a heck of a lot of categories. should be a little easier with sections
power wheels jeeps & trucks
power wheels quads
power wheels cars
peg jeeps & trucks
peg quads
dumar and misc


B I N G O !!!
#42887
I think that's a great idea too, Hootie. 8-)

To expand on it a little, what do y'all think about something like this - with sub-categories?...

Projects
  • KidTrax/Safety First
  • Little Tykes
  • MotionTredz/MegaTrendz/Dumar
  • Peg Perego
    • Motorcycles & Quads/ATVs
    • Trucks & Jeeps
  • Power Wheels
    • Cars
    • Motorcycles & Quads/ATVs
    • Trucks & Jeeps

:?:
#42931
jparthum wrote:I think that's a great idea too, Hootie. 8-)

To expand on it a little, what do y'all think about something like this - with sub-categories?...

Projects
  • KidTrax/Safety First
  • Little Tykes
  • MotionTredz/MegaTrendz/Dumar
  • Peg Perego
    • Motorcycles & Quads/ATVs
    • Trucks & Jeeps
  • Power Wheels
    • Cars
    • Motorcycles & Quads/ATVs
    • Trucks & Jeeps

:?:


Great idea!
#43282
jparthum wrote:I think that's a great idea too, Hootie. 8-)

To expand on it a little, what do y'all think about something like this - with sub-categories?...

Projects
  • KidTrax/Safety First
  • Little Tykes
  • MotionTredz/MegaTrendz/Dumar
  • Peg Perego
    • Motorcycles & Quads/ATVs
    • Trucks & Jeeps
  • Power Wheels
    • Cars
    • Motorcycles & Quads/ATVs
    • Trucks & Jeeps

:?:


I can't find this feature yet :D
#44106
Having seen lots of turnover of users over the last few years, I think it would be helpful for newbies to know who the good vendors are. I know we have the feedback forum, but what if the feedback forum was sorted by number of replies instead of date of reply? So, if someone like MLTOYZ has 20 feedback comments but hasn't had one in a couple weeks, they are still at the top vs someone else that has only one comment but is more recent.
#45346
not sure if it was mentioned before,

but i think one set read only page/thread with as many stock and modified wiring diagrams for these as sanely possible would be a big help to all weather first time modders or even as an occational reminder to the pros ......................
:lol: couldnt hurt
#45348
jparthum wrote:I think that's a great idea too, Hootie. 8-)

To expand on it a little, what do y'all think about something like this - with sub-categories?...

Projects
  • KidTrax/Safety First
  • Little Tykes
  • MotionTredz/MegaTrendz/Dumar
  • Peg Perego
    • Motorcycles & Quads/ATVs
    • Trucks & Jeeps
  • Power Wheels
    • Cars
    • Motorcycles & Quads/ATVs
    • Trucks & Jeeps

:?:






where does a magica fit in the peg perego catagory??? :lol: ............. i guess a baja bug mod would do fine in the ATV part lol
#46359
aVWguy wrote:where does a magica fit in the peg perego catagory???
Ah yes, good call! 8-) I racked my brain trying to remember if Peg ever made a car, and completely forgot about the Magica. :?

That's why I wanted extra sets of eyes on the list first. :oops:
#47284
the differance in the quick reply and the full editer with where the submit thing is ... it gets me constantly lol
i either go to submit a reply with the quick reply and go into the full editer ............. or try to reply in the full editer and get a preview ..
lol not a major problem bit it does cause confusion on occation
#63350
The mobile site needs some work. I have a pm bit can not find any way to check it on my phone . If I click the link on the e mail out says page does not exist. Then I come here and I'mforced to use the mobile site. I'd much Mrather
#64153
Jayhawker wrote:The mobile site needs some work. I have a pm bit can not find any way to check it on my phone . If I click the link on the e mail out says page does not exist. Then I come here and I'mforced to use the mobile site. I'd much Mrather



i have the same problem, but only when i have a PM. at the bottom of the page is a "disable moble use" (or something similer) click on that and that will take you to the full site and you can access everything from there. it will look just like the computer version. hope this helps, although i would like to see it work properly too.

$50.01! :lol: J/K I think Toycrusher was jokingl[…]

Awesome. Thanks for the chart, that's helpful. Yes[…]

Burning up Banebot 775 Motors

I managed to smoke one of my Banebots in the Hurri[…]

First gen Bigfoot project

Set screw collars from hardware store to hold whee[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course