Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
SigEp wrote:I'd like to see clicked on links change colors. For instance, in the old forum, I could go to the Craigslist/eBay section and see what was new because the links I hadn't looked at yet were a slightly different shade. The new site just keeps all links the same shade whether you clicked on them or not.

This looks like it is set to show links and visted links in the same color via the Theme.

Jason - if you want to change it. I think its this piece of the colours.css
Code: Select allColours and backgrounds for links.css
-------------------------------------------------------------- */

a:link   { color: #4F4F4F; }
a:visited   { color: #4F4F4F; }
a:hover   { color: #A1BA23; }
a:active   { color: #A1BA23; }

the a:visited would need to be changed
blake711 wrote:
CJB wrote:How about a topic for paint?

Thats a good idea. Lots of folks post that under pimp it or general. But a Paint forum would be a good addition I think.

I second (or third) this request. I am in the midst of a paint project and wasn't quite sure where to post a question here because, as Blake711 pointed out, the threads involving paint seem to be in the pimp out or the project pages.

Maybe instead of just a "paint" sub-section in the modifications section, it could be for all things related to body work. Maybe a "Paint and Body Work" section?
Miami Hurricanes wrote:
blake711 wrote:
CJB wrote:How about a topic for paint?

Thats a good idea. Lots of folks post that under pimp it or general. But a Paint forum would be a good addition I think.

I second (or third) this request. I am in the midst of a paint project and wasn't quite sure where to post a question here because, as Blake711 pointed out, the threads involving paint seem to be in the pimp out or the project pages.

Maybe instead of just a "paint" sub-section in the modifications section, it could be for all things related to body work. Maybe a "Paint and Body Work" section?

You got it. done.
chozian wrote:2. Increase the character limit for signatures from 255 to at least 1000, but preferably larger.

I can probably get my signature under 1000 characters by shortening the URL's using a service such as bit.ly. :P

I set this to 500 for now, which I think will still be ok, but not overload the signatures. I also set the number of URLs allowed to 10.
What is the maximum message size limit?

What does it mean when a name is highlighted in green? The legend at the bottom says green is a Global moderator. Though, I noticed that jtotheace, in the members list, is highlighted as green and not a moderator. ... Nevermind, I just noticed that he is in the Global Moderators group.
Last edited by chozian on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have a new request. I would like bbcode to support strikethrough using one of the two formats listed below.

Code: Select all[s] [/s]
[del] [/del]

As far as I can tell, there is no way to use strikethrough right now.

I believe the solution to this is provided at http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/adding-custom-bbcodes-in-phpbb3/.
Last edited by chozian on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chozian wrote:I have a new request. I would like bbcode to support strikethrough using one of the two formats listed below.

[del] [/del]

I believe the solution to this is provided at http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/adding-custom-bbcodes-in-phpbb3/.

I agree. It's not something that I use very often (only to correct mis-statements), but it's an immediately identifiable method which can't be effectively replicated any other way. :( That can be pretty important sometimes if incorrect information (especially regarding safety) needs to be corrected, but done so without being eliminated, so that the context of the conversation is not lost.
CJB wrote:
CJB wrote:Image 1. How Stuff Works forum
Image 2. Paint forum

Yes! Thanks Admins!!

I finally feel like I've contributed something here. :D

I feel like I've contributed an animated check-mark icon! :mrgreen:
jparthum wrote:
chozian wrote:I have a new request. I would like bbcode to support strikethrough using one of the two formats listed below.

[del] [/del]

I agree. It's not something that I use very often (only to correct mis-statements), but it's an immediately identifiable method which can't be effectively replicated any other way. :( That can be pretty important sometimes if incorrect information (especially regarding safety) needs to be corrected, but done so without being eliminated, so that the context of the conversation is not lost.

Dun Oops I mean done!
Last edited by GSEric69 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GSEric69 wrote:
jparthum wrote:
chozian wrote:I have a new request. I would like bbcode to support strikethrough using one of the two formats listed below.Image

[del] [/del]

Dun Oops I mean done!

Awesome! Thanks Eric Chris & Eric! 8-)
Here is another request. I think a number of people would benefit from an RSS newsfeed of the forums. Smartfeed is a free phpBB mod that will enable that. It is currently maintained at http://phpbbservices.com/smartfeed/.
Last edited by chozian on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blake711 wrote:
jparthum wrote:1. Links opened in new page, instead of leaving this site?

...That's all I got so far. :)

Jason- This should help if you want to make this change on the site. http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/links-o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... w-windows/

Miami Hurricanes wrote:On the old board the member profiles allowed you to list your name. On this board there does not seem to be an option to do that. I realize you can manually put your name in your signature, but was there a reason why the option to list a name in the member profile was not continued on this site?

how to create custom profile fields.
http://www.phpbb.com/support/tutorials/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... .php?tid=5

Don't you need to be an admin to create the custom profile fields? I didn't see the options to do what was described in the tutorial.
Miami any links that I left like that were for Jason to administrate because only an Admin could do it. I didn't mean for you to do it. Sorry for any confusion.
Miami Hurricanes wrote:On the old board the member profiles allowed you to list your name. On this board there does not seem to be an option to do that. I realize you can manually put your name in your signature, but was there a reason why the option to list a name in the member profile was not continued on this site?

Done!

You can now enter your name in the the User control panel like this (click images to enlarge)
entername1jpg.jpg

And it will then show up in your profile like this
entername2.jpg
I would like to see the "steering linkage" thread again in the FAQ's section.
timmbo23 wrote:I would like to see the "steering linkage" thread again in the FAQ's section.

yup, i would like to see all of them over here, but we need to wait just a bit before they get moved so the Author can move it and get credit for the thread.

i moved all that i was associated with over for a start.
"power wheels event" section. A place to post links to power wheels races and such.

The group and club section is good to organize them, but I talking things like in the Dennis Anderson thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=486
Last edited by taz11 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taz11 wrote:"power wheels event" section. A place to post links to power wheels races and such.

The group and club section is good to organize them, but I talking things like in the Dennis Anderson thread.

http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=486

Would you like to see this in the Local Clubs section or General Discussion?

BTW, don't forget the [url] tag around links or they won't link directly (without copying and pasting in the browser).
GSEric69 wrote:
taz11 wrote:"power wheels event" section. A place to post links to power wheels races and such.

BTW, don't forget the [url] tag around links or they won't link directly (without copying and pasting in the browser).

Where ever it fits. It just needs a space where it doesn't get lost in the mumbo jumbo. We could even post past events....so we have some sort of contact info for finding future stuff.
taz11 wrote:
GSEric69 wrote:

Where ever it fits. It just needs a space where it doesn't get lost in the mumbo jumbo. We could even post past events....so we have some sort of contact info for finding future stuff.

Ok, how's this look
MPWevents.jpg
Looks good to me.......

With Hotrodtodds permission.....Can you move that Dennis Anderson thread there?

On second thought....I'll just post a link.
Last edited by taz11 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GSEric69 wrote:

Done!

You can now enter your name in the the User control panel like this (click images to enlarge)
entername1jpg.jpg

And it will then show up in your profile like this
entername2.jpg

Cool! Thanks.
By CJB
hypo21 wrote:Anyway we could make the "Location" field mandatory? Well, maybe some woudl not like that, but it sure woudl make things easier on here when talkign abotu sending things, or where to go for things. Just a thought.

At lease maybe their state?
hypo21 wrote:Anyway we could make the "Location" field mandatory? Well, maybe some woudl not like that, but it sure woudl make things easier on here when talkign abotu sending things, or where to go for things. Just a thought.

Ok, is it just me, or does anybody else find it ironic that Hypo is asking for the location field to be mandatory ... and he doesn't even list his own location!!!! :lol:
Miami Hurricanes wrote:

Ok, is it just me, or does anybody else find it ironic that Hypo is asking for the location field to be mandatory ... and he doesn't even list his own location!!!! :lol:

AHhhhhh CRAP!!!! I didnt even notice that.

I fix now good sir... I must not have saved it all when I set it up. I had a quote in my sig Blaming Taz too. Never noticed it wasnt there.
Last edited by hypo21 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timmbo23 wrote:I would like to see the "steering linkage" thread again in the FAQ's section.

As Gameboy has stated a few times, we are going to wait about 2 months before moving the rest of the FAQs over to give the original posters a chance to repost them here and get credit. After that time, we will begin moving the FAQ's over, but please remember to be patient, there is a lot of information to be moved over.
hypo21 wrote:
CJB wrote:

At lease maybe their state?

Yes, state at least woudl be helful.

There is no way in the Administrator controls that I can to make the fields mandetory. I can check with Jason on this, but I can see an issue with it if certain people would like their information kepy anonymous.
blake711 wrote:IF you are on the view new posts and select a post you can just hit your back button to see the whole list again.

Yeah but every time I do that it kicks me out and says the web page has expired.

I just liked that it was always at the top of the page on the old site.

I'll try what gseric said though.
and thanks

BTW I like the new site. Hasn't been to hard to adjust to.
By CJB
I put a shortcut on my browser bar (below the web address) linking to this:

http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/search.php?search_id=newposts

That's my active topics button.
Last edited by CJB on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I open the new topics in a window in firefox then open each of the links into a new tab and close them out as I read them. Then I go back to new topics that is still open refresh it and look for unread topics till I have viewed them all. With firefox clicking on your wheel on your mouse will open a new tab. So its pretty efficient.
blake711 wrote:I open the new topics in a window in firefox then open each of the links into a new tab and close them out as I read them. Then I go back to new topics that is still open refresh it and look for unread topics till I have viewed them all. With firefox clicking on your wheel on your mouse will open a new tab. So its pretty efficient.

For those of you with Internet Explorer 8, clicking a link with your wheel button will also open it up in a new tab, I beleive Google Chrome will do this as well.
GSEric69 wrote:
blake711 wrote:I open the new topics in a window in firefox then open each of the links into a new tab and close them out as I read them. Then I go back to new topics that is still open refresh it and look for unread topics till I have viewed them all. With firefox clicking on your wheel on your mouse will open a new tab. So its pretty efficient.

For those of you with Internet Explorer 8, clicking a link with your wheel button will also open it up in a new tab, I beleive Google Chrome will do this as well.

Yep, it works the same in Google Chrome for Windows and Mac. For some reason, it doesn't do the same in Linux though. Oh wells.
Last edited by chozian on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can we divide the FAQ into sub sections?

Electrical & battery
Gearing & drive train
Body & steering
Misc

Thoughts?
Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Yea, the cost of the long pinions does present an […]

Jeep 4x4 12v RC

So Lama Toys is a distributer/retailer but it's no[…]

Hi, I love the idea of putting together a 24v[…]

Just got a pair of the banebot 775 18v version yes[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course