M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By gameboy
chozian wrote:
gameboy wrote:hey i made it look like the old site... (sorta)

whatcha think?

I like the alternating colors of the posts. I'm not too fond of the top section where it says "New Forums! :: :: Power Wheels & Peg Perego upgrades, Modifications, how to fix (powerwheels modifications)". I think it needs a MPW graphic somewhere up there.

thanks i think so too. i am going to try to keep a running list of updates, requests, mods to the forums. if you have suggestions post them here in a 1, 2, 3 order kinda thing and i will edit this post so all can be seen at first glance.

if the idea is not in a 1,2, 3 format, i will do my best to figure it out and adjust this post.

thanks.

0. there seems to be some sort of "auto centering" thing for your cursor when you edit. OMG its driving me nuts. i want the cursor to stay where i put it, not move up and down in the window trying to "help" me or have it think "it knows" where I want it to be.--jason
1. MPW logo/graphic in the browser bar, not MES's--fixed
2. increased character limit for signatures. have to see about that one(worried about web address being in there)--na, we are good with what we have
3. "Go to archived forums" needs to stand out more. (not yet, but when the change happens, i totally agree.)--jason (done)
4. better smileys.... see hootie!--have them, need to get them uploaded.
5. quick reply already open... fixed it is what it is
6. board index button at top of page--click on the modifiedpowerwheels.com bright green logo(board index of a different name)
7. when you subscribe to a forum, it should include all new posts too, not just existing ones--jason - verified this is "fixed" I am getting replies on 1st mod now.
8. subscribe to whole forum button on main forum page--jason - cannot be done easily. Instead just subscribe to each forum individually (that is like 30 clicks, I know, but best I can do)
9. list of moderators on main page or in "members" page--fixed
10. when someone sends a PM, it should come to your email inbox with the message also(not the forums only) so i can respond from either my email or the forums.--can do both, email and pm... fixed
11. the email you get once you have subscribed could be shorter... saying "user name" has posted to "XXX forum" click here to see post, click here to view topic, click here to view forum.--jason - fixed. Could'nt do exactly as requested, but it is a lot shorter now.
12. when you click on a pic or window in the forum it should open in a separate window not move the window your working in forward to the image you clicked.--jason- should be resolved on NEW posts or edit a post and it should be fixed.
13. under the posters name in every post they post, should be there rank(so we need a ranking system) and there status(member, moderator, admin) kinda thing.--fixed
14. little mini images in your UCP image attachments page. so you can see what your looking at instead of reading it.--jason - fixed, but if the attachment is not an image you are going to get a red x there..
15. I would like to see the ability to use [left], [right], and [center] bbcode tags for text and image alignment.--fixed-eric
16. the edit feature needs to have a time stamp on it. currently there is not time stamp and people can edit all willy nilly and nobody knows about it.--jason-fixed (testing it now).. seems to have worked vvvvvvvvvvvv
Last edited by GSEric69 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2. Increase the character limit for signatures from 255 to at least 1000, but preferably larger.

I can probably get my signature under 1000 characters by shortening the URL's using a service such as bit.ly. :P
Last edited by chozian on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Go to archived forums" needs to stand out more. Not sure how to do that, maybe color or size?
its supposed to be this: Image

it was changed from this: Image

but its actually the MES favicon. jason copied all the data from MES to get this up and running. the favicon was one of those things. it will get changed soon.
hootienchyna wrote:smileys

Dam! I just came to this thread to post that! Hootie, one step ahead....again!

Ok to be more specific, I was going to say that the current smileys.....ahhh ..well.....STINK :( Hootie put it so much better.
By CJB
jparthum wrote:1. Links opened in new page, instead of leaving this site?

...That's all I got so far. :)

I agree 100% Open links in a new tab.

Other than that, I'm starting to get more comfortable with this new site. I miss the green background though. :?
By CJB
How about a 'How Stuff Works' section? Not necessarily a 'FAQ' by definition, but useful info nonetheless. The scope being write-ups on how and why little things we use here work. (and how we can incorporate them in PW mods)

Once upon a time I did a write-up on The Guts of a Relay and I was going to re-do it with some better pictures and info for this forum, but I don't know where to put it. I think a 'how stuff works' category would be a good spot.

Other things I'd like to see write-ups on in this category are switches, motors, flashers, LEDs, etc...
CJB wrote:How about a 'How Stuff Works' section? Not necessarily a 'FAQ' by definition, but useful info nonetheless. The scope being write-ups on how and why little things we use here work. (and how we can incorporate them in PW mods)

Once upon a time I did a write-up on The Guts of a Relay and I was going to re-do it with some better pictures and info for this forum, but I don't know where to put it. I think a 'how stuff works' category would be a good spot.

Other things I'd like to see write-ups on in this category are switches, motors, flashers, LEDs, etc...

great idea. i will put it into the FAQ section, but it will be sub forum. i will get that today for you.
gameboy wrote:
CJB wrote:How about a 'How Stuff Works' section? Not necessarily a 'FAQ' by definition, but useful info nonetheless. The scope being write-ups on how and why little things we use here work. (and how we can incorporate them in PW mods)

great idea. i will put it into the FAQ section, but it will be sub forum. i will get that today for you.

its done, plus i copied some of the FAQ's over.
gameboy wrote:
gameboy wrote:

its done, plus i copied some of the FAQ's over.

I SPOTTED IT! :P

That is a great idea, CJB. 8-)
Yes great Idea! It is so much easier to fix stuf when you know how it is supposed to work. :D
gameboy wrote:2. increased character limit for signatures. have to see about that one(worried about web address being in there)

As far as I am concerned, you can remove that one from the list. I was able to get what I wanted in my signature. Thanks!

Here is one more suggestion.

17. The max PM storage amount should be increased from 50 to something higher.
blake711 wrote:I would like to see pm storage increased also.

I just noticed something really cool. Under User Control Panel :: Private messages :: Rules, folders & settings, you can create additional PM folders. Each folder allows you to store 50 messages. You can also configure rules for the Inbox to overflow into a new folder you create, delete the oldest message, or prevent new messages from being stored once 50 messages is reached.
Kstorm21 wrote:

AGREED!!!!!

I agree with that too. However, you can easily do that yourself by right-clicking on the link and choosing "Open link in new tab." That's what I do.
On the old board the member profiles allowed you to list your name. On this board there does not seem to be an option to do that. I realize you can manually put your name in your signature, but was there a reason why the option to list a name in the member profile was not continued on this site?
I have a request for the placement of the "Board Index" button.

The button to go to the "Board Index" is at the bottom of the page. On the old forum, I believe there were links at the top to go to various levels of treads. However, I believe the new site only provides a link near the top of the page to return to the last forum category that you were in. [For example, from the Board Index if you click on "Off Topic" and then click on "Need advice on fish", there is no link at the top of the page to return you back to the Board Index. The only link is to return to "Off Topic." You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to click on "Board Index."
Miami you can click the title at the top the large text that says ModifiedPowerWheels.com and that will get you to the index from the top of a page. Not exactly what your asking for but it works.
blake711 wrote:Miami you can click the title at the top the large text that says ModifiedPowerWheels.com and that will get you to the index from the top of a page. Not exactly what your asking for but it works.

Actually, that is pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks.
Miami Hurricanes wrote:
Kstorm21 wrote:

AGREED!!!!!

I agree with that too. However, you can easily do that yourself by right-clicking on the link and choosing "Open link in new tab." That's what I do.

You can also hold down CTRL and right-click on a link to have it open in a new tab. That's the method I prefer.
blake711 wrote:of if you use firefox just click your wheel mouse and it will open in a new tab.

That works with Google Chrome too!!! SWEET!

I also agree with the back to the topic you were at tab on the top of the screen. If I click on View unread post and then click on one of them my only option (other than to hit the back button) is to "Return to All General Discussion" instead of "Return to Unread Posts". I thought it was like that at one point. But if you hit the back button you have to also hit refresh to update everything. I know it's lazy but it's also more convenient.
I'd like to see clicked on links change colors. For instance, in the old forum, I could go to the Craigslist/eBay section and see what was new because the links I hadn't looked at yet were a slightly different shade. The new site just keeps all links the same shade whether you clicked on them or not.
In the Off Topic section, is there anyway we can have a FOR SALE/WANTED thread, for KIDS TOYS only? I guess it has to be Kids Toys only or we'll have weirdos that aren't from the site on there trying to sell their fake shoes & purses :?

Specifically there's a Geo Trax train set chat going on , including myself who has some items to sell, is looking for pieces, as well as others who would be interested. I'm sure there's other toys that people could exchange, sell/buy in there as well.
colinandmylesmom wrote:In the Off Topic section, is there anyway we can have a FOR SALE/WANTED thread, for KIDS TOYS only? I guess it has to be Kids Toys only or we'll have weirdos that aren't from the site on there trying to sell their fake shoes & purses :?

Specifically there's a Geo Trax train set chat going on , including myself who has some items to sell, is looking for pieces, as well as others who would be interested. I'm sure there's other toys that people could exchange, sell/buy in there as well.

currently, we are working on a "non BPRO" section. trying to hammer out the details, so take look and see what you think. its at the bottom of the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=138
CJB wrote:How about a topic for paint?

Thats a good idea. Lots of folks post that under pimp it or general. But a Paint forum would be a good addition I think.
can we have return paths listed like this for easier navigation?
forums.png
forums.png (4.28 KiB) Viewed 8487 times

currently we have one link that takes you back to previous page/forum. we can already do that with Backspace or thumb button on a mouse. so it would be nice if return paths can be listed as in the example. it doesn't have to look exactly like that but some sort of hierarchy would be nice. i just realized that we had this at the old forum. tia.

also can we number posts? so they can be easily referenced. it'd be very useful in a long thread. tia x2.

Jason- This should help if you want to make this change on the site. http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/links-o ... w-windows/

Miami Hurricanes wrote:On the old board the member profiles allowed you to list your name. On this board there does not seem to be an option to do that. I realize you can manually put your name in your signature, but was there a reason why the option to list a name in the member profile was not continued on this site?

how to create custom profile fields.
http://www.phpbb.com/support/tutorials/ ... .php?tid=5
NoahsKart wrote:can we have return paths listed like this for easier navigation?
forums.png

currently we have one link that takes you back to previous page/forum. we can already do that with Backspace or thumb button on a mouse. so it would be nice if return paths can be listed as in the example. it doesn't have to look exactly like that but some sort of hierarchy would be nice. i just realized that we had this at the old forum. tia.

also can we number posts? so they can be easily referenced. it'd be very useful in a long thread. tia x2.

Showing the return path appears to be a integral part of the theme. This theme does not appear to have that built into it like the default PHPBB3 theme. So I don't think that is possible.

As for post # there is a hack for that if Jason wants to install it http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1690935

Pre-Christmas bumb for any interested party

Razor Crazy Cart 1000W

I have a Gen 5 and it's a riot. Has a bad death wo[…]

Bravo Sports 24v Grave Digger

I searched over 15 different stores and could not[…]

I just sent a PM for Barbie Escalade Part# W6203-0[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course