Page 5 of 5

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:51 pm
by aVWguy
PM counter needs some duct tape .. never seems to count messages lol ................... which reminds me i havent checked that in a while O_O

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:58 am
by ZCZxzX
Also can anyone tell me what the old site icon is the round grey thing. I know we had a thread about it before but I don't think anyone ever figured it out.

____________________

Maillot France

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 pm
by bonescrub
I would like the ability to search the words " grave digger" with out it saying these words are too common.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 am
by ncroadracer73
bonescrub wrote:I would like the ability to search the words " grave digger" with out it saying these words are too common.
No kidding! Seems like no matter what I put in as a term to search I get the same response! Grrrrr :evil:

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:44 am
by CJB
Madmax and Battman were discussing with 12vwiz in THIS thread about having a thread for an author to keep all of his/her own wiring diagrams together in.

How about a forum/subforum with threads titled by username for drawings?

For example, 12vwiz would create a topic called "12vwiz diagrams" and he would post (or least hotlink) his portfolio of diagrams he's drawn. Posting by others would be heavily discouraged/deleted.

I know I've done enough diagrams as well that sometimes I wish I knew where I posted them when needed for reference on another thread. Searching doesn't always prevail (for obvious reasons).

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 pm
by daveweber34
CJB wrote:Madmax and Battman were discussing with 12vwiz in THIS thread about having a thread for an author to keep all of his/her own wiring diagrams together in.

How about a forum/subforum with threads titled by username for drawings?

For example, 12vwiz would create a topic called "12vwiz diagrams" and he would post (or least hotlink) his portfolio of diagrams he's drawn. Posting by others would be heavily discouraged/deleted.

I know I've done enough diagrams as well that sometimes I wish I knew where I posted them when needed for reference on another thread. Searching doesn't always prevail (for obvious reasons).
+1. If that is not feasible, you link threads and/or posts by an author to there profile picture? So, when I click on CJB an see his profile, I could at least see all the threads he has started or maybe even his individual posts.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 am
by CJB
daveweber34 wrote:
CJB wrote:Madmax and Battman were discussing with 12vwiz in THIS thread about having a thread for an author to keep all of his/her own wiring diagrams together in.

How about a forum/subforum with threads titled by username for drawings?

For example, 12vwiz would create a topic called "12vwiz diagrams" and he would post (or least hotlink) his portfolio of diagrams he's drawn. Posting by others would be heavily discouraged/deleted.

I know I've done enough diagrams as well that sometimes I wish I knew where I posted them when needed for reference on another thread. Searching doesn't always prevail (for obvious reasons).
+1. If that is not feasible, you link threads and/or posts by an author to there profile picture? So, when I click on CJB an see his profile, I could at least see all the threads he has started or maybe even his individual posts.

Now that you say it like that, a guy could make a thread in some obscure unused section (???????? perhaps) and simply place the link in his signature to appear below each post. Similar to as shown below with the vehicles.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:49 am
by CJB
There. Like that. :D :lol: :ugeek:

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm
by zrock
Not sure if it's just me. But how about a way to start a new thred on the iPhone. I have looked every ware and not seen it

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:29 am
by SAHDman
If you scroll to the bottom of the screen, there's a link to "Disable pnb mobile" or something along those lines. Click that and it'll show the standard site

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:20 am
by zrock
well that works thanks... Like the mobile version better but this will do

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:26 pm
by chronotrigger681
I come from another site.... http://www.xbox-scene.com
when i go there i can choose "forums" or "tutorials"


there they have a entire section on tutorials alone. All the tutorials in one spot with its own link to OLD and NEW and Types.

This site i feel could use something like that.

tut on stupid pushlock nuts
tut on 12v 18v upgrades
tut on gearbox removal+Install
tut on wheel removal+Install
tut on motor removal +Install
tut on lights
tut on wiring diagrams
tut on traction ideas
tut on common problems and fixes
tut on batteries chargers
tut on steering sag fix
tut on testing batteries motors gearboxes
tut on wiping ones own arse
man i can go on on on on about this


I know it seem stupid riduculous but it would keep so many post from being asked again and again. When someone ask the same old question they get one answer from an admin on xboxscene.... and its a link to the tutorial section wich covers it all.

You can break em down as much as you want and usally a member will make a very nice detailed pictured tut on whatevr subject and an admin will sticky it and put it in the correct spot if its a real good informative and easy to understand one. Not just any tut.

Instead of stickying some here and there in threads put em all in one spot. ALL

Just my opinion.....

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:58 pm
by SAHDman
Have you seen the FAQ's? It's laid out just like that

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:28 pm
by chronotrigger681
um no its not. Tutorials should include pics lots of details kinda like the "for dummies books"..... as well tutorials should have their own section and divided into brands... Go to http://www.xbox-scene.com click the tutorials and click xbox1 mods and check out those

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 pm
by RACER_X
DIFF. sections for diff. manuf would be nice

a

Power Wheels section, maybe sub folders w/ jeeps/quads/cars....
Peg
Dumar
???

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 pm
by ms1120
chronotrigger681 wrote:I come from another site.... http://www.xbox-scene.com
when i go there i can choose "forums" or "tutorials"


there they have a entire section on tutorials alone. All the tutorials in one spot with its own link to OLD and NEW and Types.

This site i feel could use something like that.

tut on stupid pushlock nuts
tut on 12v 18v upgrades
tut on gearbox removal+Install
tut on wheel removal+Install
tut on motor removal +Install
tut on lights
tut on wiring diagrams
tut on traction ideas
tut on common problems and fixes
tut on batteries chargers
tut on steering sag fix
tut on testing batteries motors gearboxes
tut on wiping ones own arse
man i can go on on on on about this


I know it seem stupid riduculous but it would keep so many post from being asked again and again. When someone ask the same old question they get one answer from an admin on xboxscene.... and its a link to the tutorial section wich covers it all.

You can break em down as much as you want and usally a member will make a very nice detailed pictured tut on whatevr subject and an admin will sticky it and put it in the correct spot if its a real good informative and easy to understand one. Not just any tut.

Instead of stickying some here and there in threads put em all in one spot. ALL

Just my opinion.....
Isn't that a lot like saying that wrenches need to come with an instruction manual? The repeat of questions in the forum is for one reason and one reason only -laziness. Now I don't mean that to be mean but there are 2 perfectly good search boxes to research the forum. The people that ask a question about a mod, a repair or a particular vehicle without consulting the search box are the same ones that had their roomate write their research paper in college. The world of instant gratification has ruined the upcoming generations. Ruined.
If you want to mod a power wheels, a specific level of skill is involved. No skill? No mod. If your best buddy who was a carpenter read a tutorial on removing your kidney for donation, would you let him? No. There is a point where people have to be cut off from the hand feeding that society has caused them to be so dependent on. You cannot repair a PW with a mouse, therefore, you have to have some level of mechanical experience to build or modify a vehicle for your child. My father once told my grandfather that he needed new tools. My grandfather's response was "no son, you need to learn to use the ones you have".
If and only if someone has researched the forum and cannot find an answer to a particular question will I answer. I used to answer every question I could. Not anymore. If someone tries and then needs help, they are not in the aforementioned group of "instant grits". Hard work and dedication built this country and the need for instant gratification will destroy it.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:46 pm
by Uniquevibez
Is there a way to set it up to look for a specific power wheels?

Like
Power Wheels(make) Extreme machine(model)

An then have specific topics just on this particular power wheels an also have like the upgrades that are similar like gearboxes out of this an such. Idk maybe I'm just a tard when it comes to searching for things lol

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 pm
by kyles974
ms1120 wrote: Isn't that a lot like saying that wrenches need to come with an instruction manual? The repeat of questions in the forum is for one reason and one reason only -laziness. Now I don't mean that to be mean but there are 2 perfectly good search boxes to research the forum. The people that ask a question about a mod, a repair or a particular vehicle without consulting the search box are the same ones that had their roomate write their research paper in college. The world of instant gratification has ruined the upcoming generations. Ruined.
If you want to mod a power wheels, a specific level of skill is involved. No skill? No mod. If your best buddy who was a carpenter read a tutorial on removing your kidney for donation, would you let him? No. There is a point where people have to be cut off from the hand feeding that society has caused them to be so dependent on. You cannot repair a PW with a mouse, therefore, you have to have some level of mechanical experience to build or modify a vehicle for your child. My father once told my grandfather that he needed new tools. My grandfather's response was "no son, you need to learn to use the ones you have".
If and only if someone has researched the forum and cannot find an answer to a particular question will I answer. I used to answer every question I could. Not anymore. If someone tries and then needs help, they are not in the aforementioned group of "instant grits". Hard work and dedication built this country and the need for instant gratification will destroy it.
Amen.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:52 am
by KUZN EDY
Can anyone tell me why the forum looks like this on my computer? Did the format change in the last month? Is it a setting that i may have changed on my computer? I find it hard to follow this way.

Thank you.

Image

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:42 am
by h-bomb
Same here...I hate it.

Oddly enough, it still appears normal on my iPhone and iPad.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:01 pm
by jasncab
Hey guys. Are you using Internet Explorer by chance? Windows 8?

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:13 am
by h-bomb
jasncab wrote:Hey guys. Are you using Internet Explorer by chance? Windows 8?
Windows 7 Pro -- IE 9.

If you changed something last night, it worked. Forum appears normal now!

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:25 am
by KUZN EDY
Forums appear normal to me as well. Thank you.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:03 pm
by aVWguy
not sure why .. but it did that untill i updated the .pdf file assistant on IE for my windows XP .... if the website is useing adobe .. makesure you have the adobe addons up to date

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:46 am
by iDz Bowl
It would be cool if we could see all the threads we've started the way we can see all of our posts.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:44 pm
by daveweber34
I was at the local gas station and saw some magazines and it got me thinking, when are we going to have a section on the forum where women from "warm" climates are suggestively draped across some BPROs? :o :lol:

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:47 am
by Dshafr16
How about vehicle-specific forums? I have a Barbie Jeep that I am looking to mod for my daughter but I have to go through all the other forums or post questions in each forum to get answers.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:33 am
by whkwt184
ms1120 wrote:I would like the Board Index button on the top of the page personally.
+1 but I think it should be at the top and bottom.

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 pm
by kysunmans
If I had one request it would be a chat forum. open chat with mpw junkies for rainy days and nights between projects to get their fix on.... but I can quit whenever I want......

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:51 pm
by CJB
daveweber34 wrote:I was at the local gas station and saw some magazines and it got me thinking, when are we going to have a section on the forum where women from "warm" climates are suggestively draped across some BPROs? :o :lol:

How big are your BPROs? Maybe you can find some midgets in swimwear near you... :o

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:10 pm
by gratefuldad
CJB wrote:
daveweber34 wrote:I was at the local gas station and saw some magazines and it got me thinking, when are we going to have a section on the forum where women from "warm" climates are suggestively draped across some BPROs? :o :lol:

How big are your BPROs? Maybe you can find some midgets in swimwear near you... :o
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:54 pm
by daveweber34
CJB wrote:
daveweber34 wrote:I was at the local gas station and saw some magazines and it got me thinking, when are we going to have a section on the forum where women from "warm" climates are suggestively draped across some BPROs? :o :lol:

How big are your BPROs? Maybe you can find some midgets in swimwear near you... :o
Hmmmm, in my family we don't call little ones midgets. We call them "kids" and we have three of them running around in my house. ;) :lol:

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:22 am
by CJB
daveweber34 wrote:
CJB wrote:
daveweber34 wrote:I was at the local gas station and saw some magazines and it got me thinking, when are we going to have a section on the forum where women from "warm" climates are suggestively draped across some BPROs? :o :lol:

How big are your BPROs? Maybe you can find some midgets in swimwear near you... :o
Hmmmm, in my family we don't call little ones midgets. We call them "kids" and we have three of them running around in my house. ;) :lol:
I'm pretty sure the posting of your kids in swimsuits sitting on a BPRO would violate the forum rules. And my moral rules. :lol:

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:49 am
by daveweber34
Touche' my fine friend from Lino Lakes. I will yield to you as winner of our little verbal sparring. :)

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:07 am
by iDz Bowl
What's the parameters to get one's group out of the New Club/Feelers section and be put on the list where the Texas or New England modders are?

We've got plenty of people in our area and our group has a lot of posts.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9596

Thanks!

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:28 am
by iDz Bowl
I would like to suggest that we have a nomination thread to our Moderator picks section. If that is accepted, I would like to nominate Battman2036's K.I.P.P. Knight Industries Pursuit Package to the Pimp it Out section. Not only is it a great Mod, but it has a lot of detail and explanation that might be helpful to others. It has everything in it; sounds, lights, decals, and much more. Here is the link to the thread, thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13182

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 am
by iDz Bowl
Can we move the Feedback Lists forum over to the Buy and Sell forum?

It would be moved from where it is to - Buy and Sell Forum. I think it would be better to have it there being that is what it goes along with. Also, it might help remind members when they're buying and selling to leave feedback. I know personally I've done about 10 transactions on this website and I've only gotten one feedback. I've received messages from members telling me they got their stuff or that they appreciate me buying off of them, but they fail to leave feedback. I really believe feedback helps in sales. Thanks

I also started a Member Master Feedback Index (with the approval from the mods) and I think it's a great tool to make leaving feedback virtually hassleless.

Member Master Feedback Index

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:45 am
by iDz Bowl
I don't think anyone's reading my request, lol, but here's another one.

Why is it that when I try to look up a member's name by their first initial, I get an error everytime. If you click on Members in the bar near the top and then click on "G" for example, it gives you an error.

Thanks

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:37 pm
by wesleyb82
"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: relay."

WTH

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:26 am
by iDz Bowl
iDz Bowl wrote:What's the parameters to get one's group out of the New Club/Feelers section and be put on the list where the Texas or New England modders are?

We've got plenty of people in our area and our group has a lot of posts.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9596

Thanks!
Any word on this? Just throwing it out there. We have over 80 posts in our thread and we're still in the "new club feeler" section, could we be moved out of there onto the main page with the other 2?

Thanks,
iDz Bowl

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:56 pm
by radarnicks3kids
Wasn't sure where to post but im back again my old user name was Radarnick my oldest is almost 12 and my youngest just turned 3 in July
just saying HI guys

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:49 am
by BigBadJohn
I ran into a problem entering the verification yesterday when registering. I followed the instructions word for word but couldn't figure it out
It told me basically "there are three words that make up the website name, enter the first thee letters of each word, capitals, no spaces. Three of them"
I thought that meant MODPOWWHE or MODPOWWHEMODPOWWHEMODPOWWHE
Turns out it was MPW
It might be clearer to understand if it said something like "There are three words that make up the website name. Enter the first letter of each of the three words in all capitals and with no spaces. (Hint: There should be three letters total)"

I know I'm new here and I don't want to step on any toes but I probably got locked out a dozen times almost before I got it. It was very frustrating
Just hoping I could help future members

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:42 pm
by h-bomb
Actually, this is what it says:

There are three words that make up the domain name for this site. What is the first three letters of each? Capital letters no spaces. three of them:

While I agree it could be worded better, the "Capital letters no spaces. Three of them" tells you it's three letters.

Yeah, that is confusing. I think you're the first to bring it up, though. You might be smarter than the rest of us!

:lol:

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:52 pm
by BigBadJohn
h-bomb wrote:Actually, this is what it says:

There are three words that make up the domain name for this site. What is the first three letters of each? Capital letters no spaces. three of them:

While I agree it could be worded better, the "Capital letters no spaces. Three of them" tells you it's three letters.

Yeah, that is confusing. I think you're the first to bring it up, though. You might be smarter than the rest of us!

:lol:
I don't think I would have even gotten on here if my wife hadn't suggested MPW. I was trying to find the contact info for the site to see what the code was. I had even tried to find the contact info for the site owner on site regsitries. I was desparate. lol
I also couldn't see the moderators contact info as I wasn't a member yet. Quite a catch 22.
Maye you haven't heard any complaints as of yet because everyone else that couldn't figure it out gave up lol

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:17 am
by 12vwiz
BigBadJohn wrote: I thought that meant MODPOWWHE
You have a valid point. Your answer is correct to the only question being asked. "What is the first three letters of each?"

It should read 'What is the first letter of each?'

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:08 am
by gore265
How do you post topics I have a,question a battery in raptor 4 wheeler. I went to batteries and electrical and it will not let me post anything

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:49 pm
by bruces_eviltwin
Your very first post must be approved before the system let's you post more, you should be good now

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:51 pm
by concrete_boots
Why can I only reply in certain sections and why can I not make a new post ? Certain amount of posts before I can do these things ? Im Assuming the new and old forums are being merged and under construction ?
First PW, not new to modding cars or toys, this is going to be great, so glad that there's a forum for this stuff too ! But I can't even post new in the Intoduction section so it assuming somethings not right...??

Re: requests, you would like to see on the forums

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:11 am
by natjoe
good one ..