Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
Well, a lady posted she was putting this out to the trash and to pick it up if you want it. I was expecting a small 6v quad or something. As I was driving up to it, I said, NO WAY! Some of us were just talking about this in another thread. It's in rough shape and missing a lot (not batt or charger) but I'm still excited. Hubby said, "another one? You know what you should do, fix them up and sell them." Hmmmm...great idea hun. :D
IMAG0709 resize.jpg

IMAG0710 resize.jpg
Yes, I have the hood.

IMAG0711 resize.jpg

IMAG0713 resize.jpg
Lock out screw....WHAT????

Gonna give it a good wash when it's nice out. Hopefully it cleans up nice.
If you have any parts I need let me know and we can work something out. I did some searching online and couldn't find much for it other than the steering wheel.
Last edited by Kstorm21 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just the word "image" where the pic would be...

Must have been an exciting haul. Escalade maybe?
I can't see pics either, I'm going to guess a Porsche... except the lock out screw throughs that guess out.
Last edited by DefensiveWound on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can't take it any more, what did you get, WHAT DID YOU GET!!!!!??? :o

EDIT: OK now I can see it. NIce, you got to love the look of FREE! :D
Last edited by pegperegooooo on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is the hood missing? Other than that looks like its pretty much there. Those are cool enough imo I would clean it real good some diluted bleech water in a spray bottle will get ride of the mildew. Clean it nice and good with power washer and then paint it up what ever color you like. A shifter handle is no big deal. I may have a purple shifter casing with no switches.
blake711 wrote:Is the hood missing? Other than that looks like its pretty much there. Those are cool enough imo I would clean it real good some diluted bleech water in a spray bottle will get ride of the mildew. Clean it nice and good with power washer and then paint it up what ever color you like. A shifter handle is no big deal. I may have a purple shifter casing with no switches.

I have the hood but I think the thing that goes over the back is missing. The pink part behind the seat.

It is pretty chalky too! Will sandpaper fix that? Grit?

I will need a shifter. It seems like there's a few things missing from the dash. Are the stickers still available for this, or some kind of replacement?
Kstorm21 wrote:
blake711 wrote:Is the hood missing? Other than that looks like its pretty much there. Those are cool enough imo I would clean it real good some diluted bleech water in a spray bottle will get ride of the mildew. Clean it nice and good with power washer and then paint it up what ever color you like. A shifter handle is no big deal. I may have a purple shifter casing with no switches.

I have the hood but I think the thing that goes over the back is missing. The pink part behind the seat.

It is pretty chalky too! Will sandpaper fix that? Grit?

I will need a shifter. It seems like there's a few things missing from the dash. Are the stickers still available for this, or some kind of replacement?

i say go down and dirty with this and dont worry about stickers or the roll bar. you can run a pressure washer over the whole thing and that will take care of the chalky coating.
Yup take it to the car wash and hit it with the pressure washer remove all the stickers and the chalk. If its still chalky I would go over it with a heat gun prior to painting. Sanding them takes for ever to remove the chalk. See how it looks after a good bath then go from there. I wouldn't worry about the roll bar or dash stickers either.
Thanks for all the info. I wasn't really talking about the dash stickers, more the center of it. It looks like there's a faux radio or something missing. Just looked at the parts list and it's the "sound box" thats missing.
IMAG0711 resize1.jpg
The white circle part.

I'm not really worried about all the stickers just stuff like the head lights, door handles and stuff like that.
I hate to say it but I'm crazy stumped on what to do with this. I have my army jeep in the works, my raptor is finally up and running ready for paint. I can't do anything with my worksite gator and PP racing truck (they are at the parents house). I don't want to do the typical yellow Beetle. Any ideas???
Kstorm21 wrote:I hate to say it but I'm crazy stumped on what to do with this. I have my army jeep in the works, my raptor is finally up and running ready for paint. I can't do anything with my worksite gator and PP racing truck (they are at the parents house). I don't want to do the typical yellow Beetle. Any ideas???

Herbie the lovebug.

herbie.jpg
herbie.jpg (9.77 KiB) Viewed 6507 times
I've sanded a couple rough ones like that. I use a 120 grit sanding sponge and running water. The water keeps the sanding sponge from clogging with chalk, and takes off most of the chalk very fast. Then I go over it with the heat gun just enough to bring the color back, and remelt the chalk that's left. I find using the heat gun on rough chalk does not leave as nice a finish to the plastic, and the chalk may have grains of dirt etc in it that melts into the plastic. Hot bleach water will help fade the mildew spots. I did a really chalky Firerock jeep a while back. Here are pics... http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/foru ... C_ID=21926
sea_stork wrote:I've sanded a couple rough ones like that. I use a 120 grit sanding sponge and running water. The water keeps the sanding sponge from clogging with chalk, and takes off most of the chalk very fast. Then I go over it with the heat gun just enough to bring the color back, and remelt the chalk that's left. I find using the heat gun on rough chalk does not leave as nice a finish to the plastic, and the chalk may have grains of dirt etc in it that melts into the plastic. Hot bleach water will help fade the mildew spots. I did a really chalky Firerock jeep a while back. Here are pics... http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/foru ... C_ID=21926

Thanks for the info! I gotta get a heat gun. Might have to wait a couple weeks for my PP allowance to fill back up. Still need some stuff for my Army jeep.
Kstorm21 wrote:Thanks for the info! I gotta get a heat gun. Might have to wait a couple weeks for my PP allowance to fill back up. Still need some stuff for my Army jeep.

You can get a heat gun from Harbor Freight for under $8 when they go on sale. Be sure to use a 20% coupon too.
Last edited by chozian on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darn photobucket!! Anyone have a link to the GT[…]

Basically, I have a 12v Power wheel, stock, F-150 […]

I'll try switching out the motor with the first on[…]

Sent you a PM. Across the country but in search[…]

HobbyMasters