HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By ms1120
Well, I didnt ask to slam him. This guy has a race car future hero for a kid and has compliled everything he knows about power wheels in a cd form. Not to mention, hes probably a mechanical genius
By CJB
ms1120 wrote:no no no...I meant, I wasnt ......uhg...lol nm. No what I meant was that in my question, I didnt want anyone to think I was going to slam the guy.

Gotcha. ;)

From what I've heard, the guy knows what he's talking about, but most of the contents can be found here as well.
By KingsKids
This is a link where I learned about him before I found this site. Seems like he swore off giving out free advice around February 26th 2006 (about 1/4 the way down the page).

http://www.railserve.com/discus/messages/9/981.html

Things sound like they got a little out of hand. The cd might be worth $13, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to give it to an unfriendly sort of fellow.
By GSEric69
He is very knowledgable, but it does seem like he only wants to help now if you buy his cd. I picked up a copy of it for giggles, and everything on it could be found on MPW. He does have some nice diagrams on it, but I'd say the diagrams folks have been posting lately are far better. Plus we're Free! And you all know gameboy's motto; Free IS Better.
Nothing against him, sounds like he's had a lot of success with his CD. I just don't think it's worth the money with all the information and friendly hospitality on MPW.

His son is probaly pushing 12/13 now. Wonder if he's moved on to racing go karts or mini dragsters?
Last edited by GSEric69 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Crapface
I know I just discovered this site, but it seems like this site only shows certain mods. It does sound like he is a good guy if you buy his cd. But why does it almost seem like this site caters to him. I thought this forum was made for free advice, or does the site get a kickback every sell? But you do have to figure $2 for shipping the CD (materials) and $11 to him for burning a cd. I do know that doesn't include the time he took to make and edit the cd. But I guess I am a bit torn on the idea
By chozian
Crapface wrote:I know I just discovered this site, but it seems like this site only shows certain mods. It does sound like he is a good guy if you buy his cd. But why does it almost seem like this site caters to him. I thought this forum was made for free advice, or does the site get a kickback every sell? But you do have to figure $2 for shipping the CD (materials) and $11 to him for burning a cd. I do know that doesn't include the time he took to make and edit the cd. But I guess I am a bit torn on the idea

I don't know how you came to that assumption. This site caters to anyone wanting to mod a Power Wheels type vehicle. All of the advice on this site is free. As far as I am aware, no kickback is provided when a Wils CD is sold.
By drew510
AFAIK, he has no affiliation with this site whatsoever. I did by the CD just to see what it has. It is nice in that the information is neatly organized, but yes, most, if not all of his info can be found on this site or the archived one. You might call some of his info outdated, though several electrical gurus have made some AWESOME wiring diagrams here.
By SigEp
Crapface wrote:I know I just discovered this site, but it seems like this site only shows certain mods. It does sound like he is a good guy if you buy his cd. But why does it almost seem like this site caters to him. I thought this forum was made for free advice, or does the site get a kickback every sell? But you do have to figure $2 for shipping the CD (materials) and $11 to him for burning a cd. I do know that doesn't include the time he took to make and edit the cd. But I guess I am a bit torn on the idea

What mods do you feel are not shown on this site? Between this one and the archived site, I've never found something missing.
By Racer X
I also bought his CD a while back. I would not recommend it. Not because it was not good, organize and a strong reference, but because on the forum I can ask follow up questions, I usually hear from several different sources (take this thread for example) and I also think people are always advancing the "art" where-as the CD is static (if not dated) information.

A year ago I thought TurboKev's wiring approach was as good as it would get, but JPartNum and a few of the other guys have really taken wiring to a new level. I do not know of anyone who would follow his advice on lights now, based on where some people have gone with it, but in both cases what he has listed will work and allow you to get very nice results.

As far as the site catering to him,.... I bought my CD from MLTOYZ and he certainly did not push it on me and I do not believe one member has every responded with "get the CD and look it up", so I am not really sure where you are headed with that train of thought.

If you want the CD I will sell you mine for half price, but I can assure you there will not be "anything" new or earth shattering on it.

Racer X
Last edited by Racer X on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sea_stork
[quote=SigEp] What mods do you feel are not shown on this site? Between this one and the archived site, I've never found something missing.[/quote]

The lawnmower battery mod is missing... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing wrong with common sense though. I have seen a post in a car forum where someone calls this forum "full of squirrels who throw nuts at anyone who mentions lawnmower batteries".

Opinions, everyone has them...

This is the only thread I have seen mentioning Wil's CD. Personally I feel the same way about it, that I do about the traction bands, and Safety First battery info some guys are selling on Ebay... It's a waste of money as long as this forum exist... ;)
Last edited by sea_stork on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzzing noise on Kid Trax Police Charger

Good to hear

When I get home from work I finally planned on ins[…]

MLToys Fall Special

Purchase ANYTHING on our website and receive $10.0[…]

hows this project coming along toycrusher?

HobbyMasters