KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Review your power wheels (or others) here for all to see!
After seeing the Gator XUV in TRU, I thought it looked small compared to the HPX and previous versions of Gators. And it seemed from reading topics on this forum that others felt the same way.

Well...I finally picked up one of each so I was able to do a side by side comparison. They are surprisingly the same! The XUV lacks the brush guard and also has thinner tires. The dump bed is a little smaller and more flimsy. But the wheels are cooler looking, it's a little taller and the windshield is more substantial. Actual dimensions are virtually identical with many parts shared between the two.

Here's the comparison pics:

Gators 1.JPG

Gators 2.JPG

Gators 3.JPG

Gators 4.JPG
I would have bet the xuv was smaller, thanks for the picks!
OK SigEp,.....

How'd you do it? I know you never buy new and they have not been around long enough for people to already have them on the used market (at a price you would pay --- yes, I am calling you cheap, but in a "you are my hero of cheapness" type of way). Did you borrow one for the comparison or what?

My other question is: Has your kid started riding yet? I know most of your keepers were with your childs future riding needs in mind. Just wondering if they have gotten itno any of the 6 volt items yet and what size has your stable grown too by now?

Racer X
Still waiting for the day I will get one to play with/flip. I like the looks of the redesigned shifter. Do you see any weak spots in the shifter? as in the older gators, the shifter tends to snap off.
Racer X wrote:OK SigEp,.....

How'd you do it? I know you never buy new and they have not been around long enough for people to already have them on the used market (at a price you would pay --- yes, I am calling you cheap, but in a "you are my hero of cheapness" type of way). Did you borrow one for the comparison or what?

My other question is: Has your kid started riding yet? I know most of your keepers were with your childs future riding needs in mind. Just wondering if they have gotten itno any of the 6 volt items yet and what size has your stable grown too by now?

Racer X

Lol, they were used of course, both already flipped and gone. I actually had a ridiculous amount of luck around the beginning of the year with finding BPROs. I couldn't sell worth a darn, but found a bunch of nice ones. I think I paid about $60/ea for them if I remember correctly. The HPX was good to go but the XUV needed a final drive gear (which I had).

Our Son turns 3 in June and our Daughter just turned 1 in March. She's not riding anything yet (need to get her out on the Police Tot Rod), but my Son is all over everything. I plan to pull out the Gaucho Rockin for his 3rd birthday. I'll probably keep the 24v models for his 4th birthday, but we'll see how he does. Honestly his favorite car right now is a (modified 12v) Cars 2 McQueen which he loves drifting in.

Hi everyone... Looking to buy a first powered whe[…]

Largest safe fuse?

Thank you! Swapped to a 40amp and that seemed to […]

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of upgrading th[…]

Taz, I am looking for a full steering linkage for[…]

HobbyMasters