KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Review your power wheels (or others) here for all to see!
By SigEp
Just flipped our first Power Wheels Arctic Cat, and I must say, I was a little disappointed. It has a few nice features such as the pick-up bed, and the flip up front hood. But it has no electronic features such as radio, sounds, lights, etc. The tires were weak, similar to ATV tires. And really the whole vehicle seemed to be low quality. I would rank a 12v Jeep Wrangler higher.

Maybe it's just me?

2011_Finds_6.JPG
Last edited by SigEp on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
I have to agree, I think they look kinda silly. Not that I would turn down a freebee.
By drew510
I might have a chance to pick one up for about $20 with bad tires and battery. Here are the pics. I'd likely do some gorilla tape on the tires in the sort term and then either the BMX mod or see if I can adapt some Jeep tires I have laying around for long term. This will likely stay at our camp with an older 12V Kawasaki Quad. I know the kids would love to fill the back with leaves and sticks as they already do it with my neice's Jeep. Are they really THAT bad?
Attachments
artic cat1.jpg
artic cat1.jpg (7.11 KiB) Viewed 8338 times
articcat2.jpg
articcat2.jpg (6.71 KiB) Viewed 8338 times
By SigEp
Where's your "camp"? We have a family place just outside Sisters, OR.

Anyways, I don't know that they're THAT bad. For $20, just get it and if you don't like it, flip it for $100. It looks to be in nice condition. They're just kinda flimsy and small. I haven't owned a Gator yet, but I'm assuming a Gator would dwarf it.
By drew510
Our camp is a 10 acre plot on the Nehalem river in Vernonia, OR. Gramps bought it in the early 70's and it's been our own little private camp ever since. Sisters is really nice. I love central/eastern OR.

Just called and it is pending pickup. If she does show up, I have a feeling (hoping anyway) she'll pass after seeing the holy tires.
By VinDog
Arctic Cat - 12v, 17T, 13" x 5" tires

I picked up a green arctic cat in good shape a couple months back. It is lighter and smaller than a gator, but the kids really do love it. My son has the strangest habit of opening and closing the tailgate anytime he puts something in or takes it out. It can be a baseball, a stick, or matchbox cars, doesn't matter.

I have it stored in the shed for cleaning and flipping, or perhaps mods, such as 4x4. When we get a larger group of kids over, and everyone needs their own BPRO to drive, I inevidibly bring out the arctic cat, and that's what all the kids want to drive. Imagine a gator ws with working electric bed lift, a lightning mcqueen, and a silver gaucho sitting idle while five kids fight over the arctic cat (probably mostly because they don't see it much).

Our BPROs only drive in the short-cut grass, which gets pretty sloppy this time of year. The arctic cat wheels are a little small, but the tread pattern lends itself to good traction. The tires are 13" diameter, 5" wide, which makes it easy to match sizes with rubber tires. I have ordered some but not received them yet. I will post pics when I get things together.

I'm really wanting to throw 19T GB on all four wheels and make it 4X4, but I should probably wet my whistle on some smaller mod projects first...
By VinDog
I came across this youtube vid of a kid muddin in arctic cat, appears to be stock, definitely not 4wd. It's running through some tough terrain...

By bruces_eviltwin
we have one and both kids bypass the other units to ridethe arctic cat, they love to drive thruthe park pickingup trash with it. my 3 y/o has a baby seat forher doll that we strap in the back also
By VinDog
All the kids seem to love the arctic cat more than the other vehicles. They'll walk past a hurricane, fire rescue jeep, F-150, etc to ride the arctic cat. It's even more fun since the brute force tires and 18v got added...
By SigEp
VinDog wrote:All the kids seem to love the arctic cat more than the other vehicles. They'll walk past a hurricane, fire rescue jeep, F-150, etc to ride the arctic cat. It's even more fun since the brute force tires and 18v got added...

If ours looked like yours with the Brute Force tires and the 18v, my rating would definitely go WAY up. Yours looks sweet!

I don't know what any of this means, but I'll repl[…]

What was the voltage of the second battery? did y[…]

Gaucho: is this normal?

Diagnosis was spot on with the wheel drivers! One […]

That's a slick little ride. Never knew Rollplay m[…]

HobbyMasters