Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have a good/bad experience with a seller or buyer? Post it here. Not a bash session, see inside for guidelines.
User avatar
By civicturbo
#135382
Michael here is a sample of what i read.

xr4tic wrote:"Mandy Hawkins <1313mhawkins@gmail.com> wrote:


All I want is a new metal gear so my son can finally ride his birthday present he got back in July. Here are more pictures of the jeep.

On Sep 9, 2015 4:37 PM, "MLToys" <mltoys.com@gmail.com> wrote:

Mandy,
The only reason you have to consider our customer service "bad" is because we aren't giving you the only answer that you are willing to accept. It is from vast experience with these toys that, from the description of what happened and the pics that you sent, if we merely sent you replacement parts they would do the same thing again. Our goal is to help you fix your toy, not just throw free parts your way. That's why we have the reputation that you heard about.
Michael
http://www.MLToys.com

But this one takes the cake:

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:09 AM, MLToys <mltoys.com@gmail.com> wrote:

Mandy,
My employees wanted me to cut you off entirely after your MPW post. They get paid based on sales and all your post is doing is hurting their bottom line. I was trying to do the right thing based on the pic of the one gear that is out of round.
Now you're sending me an invoice from an order placed in February and asking for what? Money back? Free parts? Your order with the steel gear wasn't placed until July! And then you try to blackmail us with social media threats?
I'm fighting telling my inner instinct to tell you we're done here. We're not going to continue to send you anything free or paid while you're out bashing our company. That's no way to get our help. I told you I would send you a replacement steel gear. Retract your MPW post and then I'll send it out asap. After that we are asking that you don't purchase from us anymore and I am guessing you don't want to deal with us anymore anyway.
Michael"


Your letting your tone become unprofessional and one of a amateur not a trustworthy business man. Your letting your personal feelings get in the way and form your communication. Creative writing isn't fast or east but is a necessary skill for diplomatic communication and will earn you more public confidence than brute honesty.
Last edited by SigEp on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By jasncab
#135401
This is fair and constructive feedback civiturbo. Thanks.

When you say that "Creative writing isn't fast or east" you make your point well ;)

Let's give Michael a chance to respond to this constructive feedback as well.
User avatar
By M.L.Toys
#135403
We were not going to respond anymore to the other thread about this same consumer because it is well shown that people on forums will side with consumers over a business 90% of the time. But it seems that the mpw community would like a little more explanation on this one so we're going to respond.

Short of the story: this person was committing fraud, extortion, and blackmail. The issue was investigated by Paypal and we were told not to ship them anything and that their money would not be refunded.

Longer story: Customer had one of our Stage III Steel gearbox systems and wound up stripping the steel gear. Anytime any gear is stripped we help the customer determine why it stripped because simply sending a new one won't help their kid get to play if they have rubber capped tires or a bent axle or are pulling a 150lb trailer or used it on a homemade chassis design or any of a number of things that simply no gear will handle (yes, these are real issues we've come across). This particular case had 3 different people emailing us and not a whole lot of clarity as to what was really going on. A first round of pics that they sent showed no signs of a manufacturing defect and no other damage to the gearboxes other then the stripped steel gear. Literally 20+ emails later we were sent a pic that did show a gear that had a center hole off-center, a defect which we did know had occurred and had been covering. We were suspicious since the 2 pics didn't match but agreed to send out a replacement steel gear. Before the next morning's shipments went out we received an email insisting that we ALSO reship an order from back in February that had nothing to do with this order placed in June. We were also being blackmailed with "reship my order or I will go to social media". And before we could even respond to that the other post appeared on MPW. And of course it's not a posting of all of the emails but a selected "cut and paste" designed to make their case look better. Our patience had been tried and we were done. So the emails got a little less professional as we are human to and learning how to provide the best customer service we can even to people as unethical as this one (or three, we're not really sure how many were involved or why). A few days later the consumer complained to Paypal. All of the emails, pics, and even the forum post went to Paypal. After reviewing the case Paypal determined that the customer was not entitled to anything and the case was closed.

We have asked the moderators to remove the other negative feedback post. Not because we're against negative feedback, but because this particular case was someone trying to get more then what was owed to them (if anything was even owed at all). We have sent Jason a copy of the Paypal finding and hope he will reconsider. Have we screwed up in the past? Of course. We're human.

So that's the deal. We're going to continue to develop new things for ride-ons. We're going to continue to grow and have growing pains. And we're hoping you guys are going to continue to support our efforts.
User avatar
By civicturbo
#135418
M.L.Toys wrote:We were not going to respond anymore to the other thread about this same consumer because it is well shown that people on forums will side with consumers over a business 90% of the time. But it seems that the mpw community would like a little more explanation on this one so we're going to respond.

Short of the story: this person was committing fraud, extortion, and blackmail. The issue was investigated by Paypal and we were told not to ship them anything and that their money would not be refunded.

Longer story: Customer had one of our Stage III Steel gearbox systems and wound up stripping the steel gear. Anytime any gear is stripped we help the customer determine why it stripped because simply sending a new one won't help their kid get to play if they have rubber capped tires or a bent axle or are pulling a 150lb trailer or used it on a homemade chassis design or any of a number of things that simply no gear will handle (yes, these are real issues we've come across). This particular case had 3 different people emailing us and not a whole lot of clarity as to what was really going on. A first round of pics that they sent showed no signs of a manufacturing defect and no other damage to the gearboxes other then the stripped steel gear. Literally 20+ emails later we were sent a pic that did show a gear that had a center hole off-center, a defect which we did know had occurred and had been covering. We were suspicious since the 2 pics didn't match but agreed to send out a replacement steel gear. Before the next morning's shipments went out we received an email insisting that we ALSO reship an order from back in February that had nothing to do with this order placed in June. We were also being blackmailed with "reship my order or I will go to social media". And before we could even respond to that the other post appeared on MPW. And of course it's not a posting of all of the emails but a selected "cut and paste" designed to make their case look better. Our patience had been tried and we were done. So the emails got a little less professional as we are human to and learning how to provide the best customer service we can even to people as unethical as this one (or three, we're not really sure how many were involved or why). A few days later the consumer complained to Paypal. All of the emails, pics, and even the forum post went to Paypal. After reviewing the case Paypal determined that the customer was not entitled to anything and the case was closed.

We have asked the moderators to remove the other negative feedback post. Not because we're against negative feedback, but because this particular case was someone trying to get more then what was owed to them (if anything was even owed at all). We have sent Jason a copy of the Paypal finding and hope he will reconsider. Have we screwed up in the past? Of course. We're human.

So that's the deal. We're going to continue to develop new things for ride-ons. We're going to continue to grow and have growing pains. And we're hoping you guys are going to continue to support our efforts.


Michael,

Well put. Thank you.
Burning up Banebot 775 Motors

Ok thanks for the reply, I am putting them into a […]

I found a Johnson catalog here: https://www&#[…]

hi low "switch" in relays https://www.th[…]

Lil Dune Racer (Y5014) Wheel

I have the same issue but have been unable to find[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course