KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
These can be from a member or not! Anything on Ebay that is interesting for the members goes here.
By gratefuldad
Hi, I'm new to this GREAT Site and Forums in general.
I was wondering if anyone would feel like sharing some good Key Words for searching Craigs List for these cars. Namely I would like to keep an eye out for the Peg Perego Jeeps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Keep up the good work here Guys/Gals
battery, jeep, power wheels, car.

Battery is one I search if I only have time to make one search though. It's "battery powered" or "just needs battery" or "comes with new battery" usually battery is mentioned in the post so it's a good bet that you won't miss many that way.
It also helps to use quotes. Search for "power wheels" and it'll find only the two words together that way. If you leave off the quotes it searches for each word individually. You can also use parentheses for grouping and the vertical bar to do OR searches. Like ("powerwheels" | "power wheels") to search for both at once. The craigslist help section shows various options: http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/search

Do the battery search in two for sale areas, baby&kids and toys. That cuts down on unrelated stuff from all the other for sale sections.
Last edited by wkearney99 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
wkearney99 wrote:It also helps to use quotes. Search for "power wheels" and it'll find only the two words together that way. If you leave off the quotes it searches for each word individually.

Do the battery search in two for sale areas, baby&kids and toys. That cuts down on unrelated stuff from all the other for sale sections.

Actually, I search in "all for sale" I find that most of the "steals" are listed in the wrong catagory.

All in quotes:
Powerwheels, Powerwheel, Power wheels, Power wheel, battery powered, motorized car(truck,jeep), Electric car(truck,jeep), kids car(truck, jeep), Barbie jeep, Peg perego, Gaucho, ride on, Hot wheels (you'd be surprised, scored a Grave digger with this one :shock: )
By taz11
Sucker Punch wrote:Yeah I agree with Taz. I found one of my grave diggers in electronics section???? :lol:

LOL....

I have found alot in "vehicles/cars for sale"........I guess it makes sense if you think about it.......sort of.
I guess it's like ebay used to be. Plenty of folks being "less than accurate" about how they spell or choose to group something. As in, their stupidity is your gain if you're prepared to slog through a lot of posts.
Thank You Guys,
I have quadrupled the results. Haven't seen anything I can't pass up yet, but I'll keep grinding away at it!
By taz11
hootienchyna wrote:ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

REALLY? :P
taz11 wrote:
hootienchyna wrote:ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

REALLY? :P

yepper this is good to know
taz11 wrote:

Actually, I search in "all for sale" I find that most of the "steals" are listed in the wrong catagory.

All in quotes:
Powerwheels, Powerwheel, Power wheels, Power wheel, battery powered, motorized car(truck,jeep), Electric car(truck,jeep), kids car(truck, jeep), Barbie jeep, Peg perego, Gaucho, ride on, Hot wheels (you'd be surprised, scored a Grave digger with this one :shock: )
Like many other questions, this has been answered quite well here in other messages. Please, take the time to read through some. Use the search function. Get yourself up to speed before asking a question that's been answered, many, many, Many times before. You'll be pleasantly surprised to see how much has been discussed before, if only you take the time to look.
wkearney99 wrote:Like many other questions, this has been answered quite well here in other messages. Please, take the time to read through some. Use the search function. Get yourself up to speed before asking a question that's been answered, many, many, Many times before. You'll be pleasantly surprised to see how much has been discussed before, if only you take the time to look.

you do realize that i bumped a topic from october for informational purposes
Update
Thanks for sharing your experience! If my Wife knew who you guys where you'd have a bounty out on your head! I have picked up a Great GD for $40, A pretty darn nice Gator for $50 and a decent Barbie Jeep for my daughter for another $20! Now I'm in trouble looking to buy more batteries! Between your suggested search terms and an iPad app and I'm toast :p
By JoshFink
Am I missing something with CL? Is the interface that bad? I'd like to be able to put in multiple OR searches. The only way I've found to do it is to create a bunch of searches.

taz11 wrote:
wkearney99 wrote:
All in quotes:
That's what I have been doing, multiple searches. I have an iPad app (CL Pro ?)that makes it pretty easy to do. I do know there are Plug-ins for Mozilla Firefox that are good as well. I'm sure there are some other good programs out there, but I'm not the most tech. savvy. Persistence is the key.
gratefuldad wrote:That's what I have been doing, multiple searches. I have an iPad app (CL Pro ?)that makes it pretty easy to do. I do know there are Plug-ins for Mozilla Firefox that are good as well. I'm sure there are some other good programs out there, but I'm not the most tech. savvy. Persistence is the key.

I use "craiglist helper" Firefox addon. Its cool because it shows pictures in the search results and you can see the inside of the post by putting the mouse arrow over the link. Its a little bit buggy though. Sometimes the links don't work.
By h-bomb
I got my Gaucho Superpower out of the "tickets for sale-by owner" section. :lol:

Found it using "peg jeep" in the search box with "all for sale" clicked. Lots of people misspell "Perego" and don't use the "Gaucho" name when posting. They (erroneously) call them "Jeeps."
By xPAID4x
This is amazing! You've expanded my searches so much! I thank you, especially Taz and all of his suggestions. I'm sure that once my wife finds out she'll be even more less thrilled with my obsession (much like gratefuldad's wife) :D
Just wanted to add one "battery operated", got the Super Power with that one last week. "Peg pergo" gets hits occasionally also. Been playing with the misspellings too :)
By ceejkay
i do most of the same searches as you guys. i also thow in there; john deere, john deer, jon deer, jon deere, quad, atv, buggy. but the one i use the most is battery, just not for search all.
I know this is an old thread but I thought someone may find it useful to know that you can use search operators in Google to perform "multiple OR" searches (https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/136861?hl=en). Use the terms you are looking for separated by OR and then use the site operator. For example:

"power wheels" OR "power wheel" OR "powerwheels" OR "powerwheel" site:craigslist.org

The originator of the Hurrican pneumatic tire thre[…]

Check out my RC Dune Racer

The finished product is a beach cart. https:[…]

You'll need a 12v battery and a 6v battery of matc[…]

Throttle switch

I was trying to check the inside of the petal swit[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course