KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is a tutorial section. find out how motors, relays, flashers, LED's work.
DO NOT POST HERE, UNLESS ITS A TUTORIAL
By Rsnipes
I tried to add an extra 12v battery to my sons jeep marking it a 24v. Now my steering is locked to the left whenever the battery is connected. can someone help me out? Thanks
By Rsnipes
Yeah sure is. Thanks for the reply I was meaning to mess with it today but just got home. What could be making this happen?
By Rob222
The electronics for the RC part of that 12v ride did not like the 24v at all. Pretty sure you toasted the circuit board for the RC stuff. There are wiring diagrams on this site that allow you to keep the stock 12v features of a ride at 12v (usually lights and sounds but in this case the RC part) while upgrading to 24v.
By Rsnipes
Everything is working (lights, radio, forward and reverse) it's just the steering locks left when I hook it up to the battery. Cause when I unplug the steering it turns fine. So what your saying is in order for me to keep it with the remote function I need to buy a new Whole new circuit board?
By toycrusher
Does it work normally when you go back to just a 12v battery?
By Rsnipes
No it does not. I've got pretty frustrated with it now and I'm pretty sure that I broke it even more. Now when the front motor is plugged in to the circuit board the steering column just spins and spins. Can anyone let me know what my options are? Buy a new front motor,? If so I don't have the slightest clue what to purchase.
By Rob222
Its always a gamble going to 24v but the older stuff was simple (less to break , easier to fix). New stuff has circuit boards for the lights, sounds, remote control.
My guess is you damaged a circuit board at 24v. The board controls the steering (servo ?) motor. The motor is now spinning out of control and may have damaged a steering gear.
Everyone on this site has been frustrated. It sucks. But you tried something by going to 24v and found some stuff out. It's a learning curve.

Any chance you can contact the manufacturer and see if they have replacement parts available ?
By Rsnipes
Wife purchased it from Best Choice Products. I just emailed them, waiting to hear back. Is there an aftermarket remote controlled motor that I could buy and install in its place?
Jeep Hurricane Radio

I looked in the battery compartment and didn't see[…]

This is my gooseneck trailer I made for my son. He[…]

Traction for Peg Perego RZR 900

I just got one for my kids and would like to add s[…]

Since the first four alpha numeric digits are the[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course