KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is a tutorial section. find out how motors, relays, flashers, LED's work.
DO NOT POST HERE, UNLESS ITS A TUTORIAL
By CJB
Short and sweet and to the point here...

A Diode bridge is a group of 4 diodes that can take AC or DC of alternating polarity and convert it into constant DC power.

This device allows us to tap into the wires headed to the motors and get a dedicated + and - regardless of the position of the Forward/Reverse shifter. As we know, the wires to the motors change polarity (which one is + and -) in forward and reverse. This is handy if you wish to have something operate only when the motors are running.

The best part is, even though the name is somewhat intimidating, it's super easy to build.

ImageImage from Wikipedia

One of my quick and dirty diagrams:
Untitled-1.jpg
By gameboy
since your doing this, you might want to include diode size and wattages for those that dont know... hint, hint... like me :D
By gameboy
since your doing this, you might want to include diode size and wattages for those that dont know... hint, hint... like me :D
By CJB
gameboy wrote:since your doing this, you might want to include diode size and wattages for those that dont know... hint, hint... like me :D

Very well.

Diode size will vary depending on the load you're running, and your operating voltage.

A few common diodes that can be used:

1N4001 - 1A average rectified output current, 50v reverse voltage rating.
6A05 - 6A average rectified output current, 50v reverse voltage rating.
10A01 - 10A average rectified output current, 50v reverse voltage rating.

In our application, you shouldn't need more than a 50v peak reverse rating, but you can get much higher voltage ratings. 1N4007 for example is rated at 1000Vr.

The stock 6v battery for those little quads has th[…]

Can't access FAQ's

I just went to the homepage and navigated through […]

Just bought two decal sets. Decals look good. T[…]

Chinese 6v single motor

Did I post this in the wrong section for not getti[…]

HobbyMasters