HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By Saraharl
So I am trying my hand at vinyl wrapping, got some 3M vinyl off eBay for cheap. Would have been better if I had started on an easier piece instead of the tank :oops: but I, and the customer think it looks pretty good. Once I have the body wrapped I will be putting on the red flames, also vinyl. It's hard to see in the pics, but the vinyl has sparkle built in :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (154.45 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (198.15 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (162.87 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (109.4 KiB) Viewed 5192 times

By Saraharl
So it's all done. I think it came out pretty well but I learned some lessons for my next one.... It's all vinyl including the flames and I added working head and tail lights.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (245.09 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (277.16 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (273.39 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (268.24 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (274.01 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (242.85 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (200.4 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
By akadocbt
Looks great. Flames add a very nice look to it. Vinyl is a whole other animal compared to painting, lol. What may take 5 minutes to paint can take 1 hour to vinyl, but when it's on it's done.
By landon
Great job, Sarah! Hard to believe that's your first vinyl job, it really came out looking good! 8-)
I have a feeling my first attempt at vinyl is going to look like poo... :lol:
Gotta love those orange Harleys! (it WAS an orange one, wasn't it :?: )
By Saraharl
akadocbt wrote:Looks great. Flames add a very nice look to it. Vinyl is a whole other animal compared to painting, lol. What may take 5 minutes to paint can take 1 hour to vinyl, but when it's on it's done.
That's why I did vinyl, no cure time. I am also thinking it may hold up a bit better than paint since its made for cars. It came out cheaper in the end than paint too, bout $20 worth of vinyl with a perfect shiny finish with metallic flake... We will see how my next one comes out, gonna do the trike in $5 carbon fiber, if that one comes out good I may switch to vinyl almost completely, it sure sped up the turn around time
By Battman2036
Nice job. I think we need to post a listing of sources for vinyl. The wrap material from my vendor is costly and I'm nervous about the china stuff.
By Battman2036
If you remember the san antonio ebay folks please post the name. I've been trying to find a decent piece 2 x 6 of the carbon on ebay for the $5 but I think they're outbidding me on their own auction.
By Saraharl
Here are the eBay vinyl shops I have ordered from, I have only used the vinyl from the 1st one...

Autovinylsolutions (San Antonio) : I ordered the 3m gloss black metallic 12x60 for $14

Ezauto-wrap (usa) : I ordered some 3m carbon fiber for another project 12x60 for $8.88

Hiteche (china) : I ordered some carbon fiber 18x60 for $5, plan to use this later this week
Restoring for my daughter.

My name is Daniel, 30 from Portales NM. When I was[…]

Been awhile

Hi I have been away for awhile but have a project […]

So I’m running the 18v Ryobi drill switch in[…]

The pdf here seems to show just two wires in, two […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course