HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By hotwheel80
Hey guys and gals! So I've had my daughters Digger for a while now but the stickers needed to be replaced. Mainly because I'm too picky and couldn't deal with the slight fade and the couple of small holes and scuffs. So I decided to "remaster" them. Please be patient as it takes a loooong time to do each one. I just scan them and open them in Paint and start coloring them pixel by pixel. This is the first one that I started 2 days ago but it still has a ways to go. Once I get them done, I will convert then to a format that a sticker shop can use and have them printed for me. I will probably make them available when I get them done. Not sure if I will do it for free or a small fee if anybody would be interested. Just to kinda justify all the time and effort that will go into these. Let me know what you think. I will keep you all updated with the progress but again I say it will take some time. Between working 60 hours a week and family time, down time is at a minimum. Thanks for reading! Since it wont let me upload pics, you can see the progress on the 1st sticker here...
Last edited by hotwheel80 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bruces_eviltwin
you might be able to save some work, h bomb has a new set he is going to make sets off from
By bruces_eviltwin
ebay
By bruces_eviltwin
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Suburbancharlie77
Holy schnikee's!
So I emailed a guy, road rage designs, back about a month ago, when this was posted. Never heard anything back, simply looking for a quote. Called and called, "not ready yet". Finally today called again, dude took the time to just price it while I was on the phone. Guess I'm out of touch with reality???
$278, for them cut out like factory, $178 if I hand cut, $163 if I don't have them laminated to protect from washing and UV. WTF? Is it just me, or is that insane? I had called another place way back after #2 Lightning McQueen, about some blue stickers.... he was talking about a full custom wrap, designing the artwork, and install labor, $500, and I thought he was insane. Is this really the going rate?
By iazybandit
So I'm a graphic designer and I have a few printing companies that I deal with. One of them doesn't do stickers but one does. I am in the process of getting a price quote. Of course, the smaller quantity, the higher the price.

How many people would be interested in getting stickers and would there be a demand for it outside of the forums like on eBay? I don't know how many Grave Diggers are there.
By Suburbancharlie77
There's a few, but personally I think any proceeds should go to tree, as he spent the time. I'd be in, depending on the cost. I about tossed my cookies when due quoted me. Said their uv protected and the high quality ones like lettered trucks. I've seen the work, and it's good, had some lettering done years ago, but a whole work truck for $1,500 was reasonable. Almost $300 for a used toy isn't.
By iazybandit
Suburbancharlie77 wrote:Holy schnikee's!
So I emailed a guy, road rage designs, back about a month ago, when this was posted. Never heard anything back, simply looking for a quote. Called and called, "not ready yet". Finally today called again, dude took the time to just price it while I was on the phone. Guess I'm out of touch with reality???
$278, for them cut out like factory, $178 if I hand cut, $163 if I don't have them laminated to protect from washing and UV. WTF? Is it just me, or is that insane? I had called another place way back after #2 Lightning McQueen, about some blue stickers.... he was talking about a full custom wrap, designing the artwork, and install labor, $500, and I thought he was insane. Is this really the going rate?

Prices will vary slightly either higher or lower but it's the general ball park.

I just got a quote from my printer and it's under $150 including tax and shipping to me and back to buyer. I emailed them back to see if it includes die cutting the individual stickers. They also said that it would be like fathead decals but I know those are removable. So I questioned that.

Adding UV or lamination would increase the price. Since I don't think the original stickers had any of that, I didn't ask for price quote.

Price is based on 10 stickers. The more I order, the lower the price. Order 20 drops it $5 and and order 50 drops it $10.
By Suburbancharlie77
On the overcharged ones, uv was like 8 or 10 bucks. But removable??? Are they nuts? Can't use it as a get away vehicle!
Die cut was $100, but the local had a warranty/ guarantee, and I'd much prefer the ability to throw a brick through the window of their shop than try arguing over the phone, for the $30
Hard to punch and spit on people that can simply hang up on me. Dang.... still near 2 bills. Well thanks for trying =/
By iazybandit
Suburbancharlie77 wrote:On the overcharged ones, uv was like 8 or 10 bucks. But removable??? Are they nuts? Can't use it as a get away vehicle!
Die cut was $100, but the local had a warranty/ guarantee, and I'd much prefer the ability to throw a brick through the window of their shop than try arguing over the phone, for the $30
Hard to punch and spit on people that can simply hang up on me. Dang.... still near 2 bills. Well thanks for trying =/

Got a reply. The quality will be like the fatheads. It is not removable like those cling ons. So it is like normal stickers. The stickers will be die cut. So no need to cut it yourself. He said he'll send me a sample but I don't know if that means just a sample that he has laying around or the actual file printed but I provided it to them anyways.

I don't know what machine they were going to use but I told them to try a Canon large format printer so I can see the difference in print quality and price cost as well. I'm guessing printing on a Canon printer will be a lot cheaper. Hopefully I'll have an update on Monday.

If people are seriously interested, please let me know. I don't want to waste the printers time providing price quotes or samples if there is not enough interest. The more people who are seriously interested, the lower the price.

Having done publications and adding UV costs, depending on machines and process, it can cost in the thousands. I did 10 sample books for my job. Management wanted it done as if it was the final booklet (even though it wasn't even close to being final). The price of UV cost more than the price of printing the book themselves. Lets just say, the printing of the 10 books, UV and one other printing application cost almost $18,000.
By iazybandit
Got a generic sample from the printers and it looks good. Diecut was clean and has a gloss to the sticker. I can provide a picture of what I received if anyone is interested. No go on the Canon large format printer which I though would bring the cost down but the printer can't handle that type of printing.

I'm not making any money off of this. Just helping the community. I don't even have a Grave Digger so I'm not even benefiting from this.

If there is enough people who are interested, I would need payment upfront. I can't front $1000+ and people back out. My wife would kill me. I'm not a business, just a normal dad with a full-time job and doing all this on his spare time (if there is any). I have over 1450+ positive feedback on eBay (and PayPal verified) and a bunch of other feedbacks from other forums such as camera forums, videogame forums. I recently did preorders for wireless charging chips on XDA forums and shipped out over 1000 orders over the course of 2-3 months (all afterwork or weekend).

As of now, price is $150 including shipping to you and PayPal fees.
By InfamousTree
150 is a good price shipped. This is the first time I've checked back since posting.. lol. A customer of mine is getting them printed.. guy was quoted 150 + 15.99 ship individual pricing. I'm having I'm check into quantity discounts, so I'll probably also be at 150 shipped with no proceeds.. in the same boat for upfront cost as I am also just a dad with a hobby. Lol
By InfamousTree
Alright so battman is getting these printed. He's checking pre orders for quantities, price depends on final quantity.
Go visit the Facebook page if you're able, he has an active post there.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1467882191862.jpg
By InfamousTree
Alright were only at 11 right now (65 +shipping). Let battman know if you want a set! I'm sure runs won't be readily available for anyone who decides the want one later (without a min quantity again)
By Suburbancharlie77
I believe it's still in the works. The original guy, something happened, and will not be going through with it, but another fella is in the process of getting one made, and shipping it to another member here for"verification"??? I'll let ya know when I hear more.
By Ssanchez
Hello,

Can someone please let me know if anyone ended up recreating and selling the power wheel grave digger decals? We purchased one for my son and his birthday is this months on the 22nd. It's not in great condition it needs repainting and the decals. We really want to fix it up and surprise him with it. Please help. You can email me as sofiasanchez1983@gmail.com

Thanks
By InfamousTree
Theres a user on the fb page that printed them and had like 3 copies left last i checked. Around 85 shipped. Search ghe face book group "modified power wheels" for "grave digger decals" and youll see a post by "rich tate" with details. The ones link has on the page is missing a fee key sizing issues that were present when the file was originally sent to him. I can resend it with the corrections.

I don't have anything written up on the homebrew c[…]

Nice! That thing is flying pretty well :lol: . I[…]

Full Wire Harness ($150) I have an unfinished proj[…]

I know this thread is getting kind of old by now b[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course