HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By atxmember
Im sure I am in the wrong place to start this but I want to say Hi and I am new here. Have read many a post already though. Some interesting things here. I am new to PW's in general and modding them but I have already completed my first mod (painting) and have a itch to continue and would like to install lights next. Everyone, including myself, loves pics so without further delay here is my transformation of a stock red C7 into a white Z06. I tried finding Z06 decals but the only ones I find are way over priced for what I am wanting to do with them. Let me know what y'all think.

Stock C7 getting ready

First coat of White PlastiDip

White finished. onto the black

Finished product ready to go.

Added 1/4 coat of plastidip metalizer. was a little to sparkly for me to continue.
By atxmember
Thank y'all. It turned out better than I had hoped. Now we will just see how well the plasti dip will hold up to my son. I got a little overspray on the back by the wing with black. I will touch that up later. In retro spec I should have done all the black first and then the white. My only prep was washing car with warm soap water and quick wipe down with alcohol cleaning wipes. The first coat of white did not cover well at all but after that the other coats went on much better. I found some vinyl Z06 stickers on ebay. I may order those later along with some led's. Im thinking of continuing the hood stripe to the back wing. I also want to take the wing off and respray it with black again.
By atxmember
I did see those Z06 stickers thank you. not quite what I am looking for. I did find some better ones but they come in a pack of 8 and are all different colors. No biggie. I will just paint them all black.
By jonesee
atxmember wrote:I did see those Z06 stickers thank you. not quite what I am looking for. I did find some better ones but they come in a pack of 8 and are all different colors. No biggie. I will just paint them all black.

you should PM Battman and he can custom cut you some vinyl graphics. You out there Lucas?

Project is looking great by the way!!
Last edited by jonesee on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ky77
How's the plasti dip holding up I know it's been a lil bit since you did it. Got my son a barbie vette (sale for 100$ and couldn't find a boy color one) and now have to change this pink. Debating paint or dip would like to go dip if possible but worried bout the constant climbing in and out
New From ToysRus: Dune Racer.

Pretty much everything you would expect from a kid[…]

My son's Hurricane Extreme

That looks rad! :D

Hello Everyone, I just really wanted to stop by […]

I have the same problem with my gator 6x4 I have […]

HobbyMasters