Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
Has anyone ever tried using this on what is apparently a "proprietary blend" that Fischer Price will not divulge. In my lengthy search, all I could find was bodies seem to be polyethylene/polypropylene mix and tires are HDPE (high density polyethylene) but my call to good old F/P @ the 800# she "couldn't tell me" and as I'm sure you all know, there's no stamping on the body? I've used "plastic welder" epoxy on PVC and it works superb! But I've "attempted" to use it on other unknown plastics and I've gotten mixed results from zero bond/no adhesion/no damage, to an attempt that made absolute garbage of the material. In my rushed attempt to fix a goof I made on a recent escalade ext (front clip behind tire) I had my local body shop "weld" a 1/2" wide strip along the underside of the crack. It seems quite solid of a repair, as it did melt in to bond, and feels pliable? But the darn repair hit me more than the truck did!?!? OUCH $100 for about 6"

The Devon/ITW/Permatex plastic welder isn't at the big box stores, but can be found at ace, and many ma 'n pa hardware stores. It's a high strength, 5 minute working time, hardening repair product that I'd love to hear works great, but I don't have a sample "donor" body that I'm willing to try it out on. Do any of you have a scrapper that you can do some guinea pig testing on? Or perhaps you have already tested? Any input would be great!
Last edited by Suburbancharlie77 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since the repair that body has not been used much as other bodies have become widely available since then however the parts are still together but it has not been driven enough to be crashed bumped or jostled much, to prove its durability.
Pines

rps20170816_230236.jpg rps20170816_230456.jpg

New Corvette C7 Z06

Marvelous! That looks sick in white.

Rocks in Wheels

Yes I do. I even heard of a rock that can act. :D

Awesome, thank you for your help. I just ordered […]

HobbyMasters