HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By Atrus
Could really use some advice from the seasoned veterans. I recently acquired a small F150 - seems solid and in good working order, but it's cosmetically beat-up, and considering it's going to a very "girly girl" 4 year old, it needs some customization. :D

My daughter has no clue I have this (it'll be a pre-school graduation surprise next month), but loves my pickup and wants a "purple sparkly" pickup of her own someday. This black and red F150 just won't cut it. The truck I have is below:

I have been reading a ton, and I came up with three options for it. I'd appreciate your input - I am particularly concerned about durability:

1) Vinyl Wrap - I found 24"x60" metallic purple vinyl on ebay for $20 shipped. I've never wrapped anything...I think I could manage (famous last words). I believe I would need 2 sheets of it. Estimated cost: $40.

2) PlastiDip - I have dipped before...thought about doing a base purple @ $7 a can (assume 2-3 cans needed) with a purple "metalizer" to give it the metallic flake for another $8. Estimated cost: $30.

3) Krylon...I found "plum" purple Krylon Fusion, 2 cans, for $16 shipped. . Seems hard to find the purple fusion. I would use this as a basecoat. I also found their Shimmer paint, which seems to be slightly transparent. I have coupons for a local retailer and should be able to score this for $5 a can. Estimated cost: $25.

Which do you feel would hold up the best? She's 4 and I assume will outgrow this at which point I'll find a larger PW for her, however, she has an 18 month old sister that loves to keep up - this thing will be around for a few years. :)

By edac
Picked up the purple, yellow, and pink "Krylon Fusion" at the local hardware store and painted a jeep I found. Bought the "Mini Mouse" decal set and cleared over everything. Grand daughters favorite. 1 year later and it seems to be holding up pretty good.
After a good washing, 220 grit sanding, and "Fusion", you can go to regular enamel.
peg pergo 050.jpg
peg pergo 050.jpg (45.46 KiB) Viewed 1824 times

The best easiest upgrade to add both durability an[…]

Hello, Unfortunately I know less today about my[…]

New MLToys Stage 3 Mustang kit

My kids outgrew their NPL Camaro before I got arou[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Peg Perego https://toyboxadvisor.com/best-12-volt-[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course