HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By bvxz0138
I just got done laying 4 coats of base paint down (Rust-Oleum 2X) and I need advice on how long I should let the paint dry before masking off to paint the windows? Since this is an old bigfoot I cannot find decals for the windows and have to paint them. I just don't want to mask off and peal up the base coat! Thanks!!
I always wait until the paint is good and hard. Obviously not tacky, but it can take a few days for the paint to cure and have adhered properly. I like the cheap dollar store brand tape to, just because it does a bad job of sticking and doesn't normally peel the paint.
Also. As a very impatient man I have also used a piece of plastic or cardboard to shield the rest of the area from over spray. Not exactly recommended, but sometimes I just don't care.
Just had this issue myself. DO NOT use the Green Frog Tape! It's amazing stuff if you are doing a car. But even after sanding, etching primer, 4 coats of paint, and two days of drying, it pulled a chuck off the front when I pulled it and I had to start over. Cheap blue tape is the way to go. Just do an over spray after you mask to keep paint from bleeding under the tape. Happy Spraying!

Great you have the determination to take this on. […]

WOW! Thank you so much I bought these as 12 volt m[…]

Just use the "Upload attachment" and &qu[…]

Hi, I found this dirt cheap (20$) National Product[…]

HobbyMasters