HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By Suburbancharlie77
So I have a plethora of jeeps, and originally came up with the idea then, but now have my menagerie silverado the sister in law fried on 24 volts and a dune beetle that's been gutted, both the same color.
Considering cutting either 2 jeeps, or the 2 silver cars to make a stretch. Thinking 2 drive axles, like a gaucho tow truck I'd seen here somewhere? Haven't gone and measured the beetle/silverado yet, but obviously the jeeps would be easier.
Curious how others filled in the gaps/blended the body panels in, and figure I'll have to use some relays off the shifter to power the 4 rear motors. Will have 18 volt intentions, and probably 5 batteries, 2 per drive and a 5th 12V for accessories and pedal/shifter/relay power not driving the motors. Haven't sat down and drawn out any of the wiring, but hope someone else may have some ideas that have been proven. After seeing that stretched/curved mustang kinda pushed me to do it, but this one is going to be put to use!

And is there anything else with really tall wheels? I'd go with the hurricane wheel setup, but that "monster traction" crap sucks on pavement! Dune racer and brute force have the same wheels I found, when I picked up a set of dune racers a local guy was selling. The dune beetle has nice tread pattern, but a bit dinky small. Maybe I'll see if they still make the Barbie Beach 14"?
By toycrusher
Just do it! Most 6x6 rides never get finished *ahem *ahem mine...
By Suburbancharlie77
I'm trying to muster up the courage. I'M going to putz around with what ride I'll start experimenting on with the heatgun. I've only removed stickers and previous owner flex marks as of yet. I may start with a wrangler only because I've got more than a few and that seems to make more sense than a stretched Harley haha
By Roadmonkeytj
Peg created a 6 wheel gator might borrow the dump bed and drivers and mate it to a jeep front end and seat. Ive never blended plastic on anything but bumpers so I would assume you could bondo and prime and paint after using a plastic weld.
By Suburbancharlie77
I saw a YouTube video of that, also saw the price tag.... that's probably almost more than I've spent on everything I have related to this addiction! I am wondering what kind of plastic weld works on these, I haven't yet began my experimentation on it, but love devcon plastic welder 2 part epoxy. That might be a bit hard if it adheres ? I would be interested in seeing the schematic however

Peg-Perego John Deere Gator XUV 6x4 Gator - John Deere Green
Cabela's
$899.99
SHOP
+$91.99 tax and $19.95 shipping

Shipping is quite the deal though!
Having a rough time getting this old page to load. Google shows a schematic, but can't load the old forum to see the discussion???

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/foru ... C_ID=14506

By Suburbancharlie77
The harness is amazingly reasonable, the $100 board hurts. Guess that's probably required tho, just wish I actually knew something about the rides. But I suppose it's cheaper to go with something that's worked, than to test retest and so on. Thanks
By toycrusher
Suburbancharlie77 wrote:I saw a YouTube video of that, also saw the price tag.... that's probably almost more than I've spent on everything I have related to this addiction! I am wondering what kind of plastic weld works on these, I haven't yet began my experimentation on it, but love devcon plastic welder 2 part epoxy. That might be a bit hard if it adheres ? I would be interested in seeing the schematic however

Peg-Perego John Deere Gator XUV 6x4 Gator - John Deere Green
Cabela's
$899.99
SHOP
+$91.99 tax and $19.95 shipping

Shipping is quite the deal though!
Having a rough time getting this old page to load. Google shows a schematic, but can't load the old forum to see the discussion???

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/foru ... C_ID=14506

:shock: :shock: :shock: Peg actually makes a 24v 4x6 gator! :!: :?: :?: :?:

Great, wife is gonna kill me, she thought I was done with my powerwheels bucket list... :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :lol:

So I'm looking at my new Dune Racer Extreme. The s[…]

Newbie with unknown car..

Hi all, Great Forum here, lots of good informati[…]

TL:DR - Is there any difference in the 9993 and […]

The 600A i think has the option to select the amp[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course