HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By BatmanMomma14
I am in need of a lot of help. I have a 12v Lighting McQueen that I would like to turn in to a Batmobile. I plan on doing a couple quick mods, I want to add fins on each side in the back and I have no clue what kind of material I should use or how to bond them to the existing plastic. I also want to add lights for head lights and some red and blue in the back, should I use a separate battery and how would I go about this? I want to do this for my 3-year-old who is Batman crazy so any help would be amazing.
By Suburbancharlie77
LED's won't draw much current, so based on attention span of the age, and ability to increase battery size later, no need to use an additional battery at this time.

Attachment, I've not gotten into that myself, but have been intending to, so sorry I can't help there.
I have read that if you want to paint, preparation is key, and you need to scuff sand first, and use a quality plastic primer first, then after some coats you can usually get away with whatever paint you want.

Depending on the size of your fins, a Walmart plastic cutting board could be a good beginning? Power wheels are a "proprietary blend" of plastic. So what I've read is that you have best results when using donor power wheels plastic to fuse with. So keep an eye out for anything Fischer Price in the garbage. The power wheels are not recyclable, so have a look at any Fischer Price toys you may be ready to toss? Harbor freight has a rather inexpensive "plastic welder", like a soldering iron. That's how you may be able to fuse the cutting board rear fins? Your black paint should be able to cover up any mixed colors.
Power wheel moves on its own

Bummer -- 99% probability that the ESC is fried. […]

Hello All

Hey I am John From Utah here for insights and hel[…]

Hi guys I'm Ben

Hey I'm new here. Just got a used dune racer cheap[…]

Thanks. Yea I hear ya, our kids wear helmets too b[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course