HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By FuzyLogick
The front wheels on my son's Ford F150 rub the fenders horribly when he turns. I would like to mod this somehow to stop the rubbing and also look at putting on some larger rubber wheels for traction.

Would this be easier done by adding a suspension lift or by flaring out the fenders? Or both!

This will be my very first power wheel mod so I'm not 100% sure on where to start with something like this.
If you're using stock motors and gearbox be careful because rubber tires could easily destroy both. The plastic tires allow for slippage to help prevent this from happening. Another thing to keep in mind is rubbing against the body. I upgraded the tires on my F150 but found that the front tires rub the body itself inside the fender well and not just the fender. I haven't however fixed the problem though I'm leaning towards widening the wheel base. Once I fix my rubbing issue I'll get back to you. As for the tires themselves here's my post on what I did and I loved it.

http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=21380

Now that that's out of the way you have several options for both upgrading the wheels/tires and modding
Broke steering column.

IMG_0693 (1).JPG weld Point where handlebars conn[…]

Corevette Motor

so much info on this site, but I can't keep it all[…]

Great project! If you click my projects link in m[…]

Unfortunately you are better off with something li[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course