HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By Sucker Punch
Anybody heard of this stuff or tried it???? It's not cheap so I was hoping someone had tried it. I may give it a shot. If it can do what they say then it could be a very cool product and time saving! It says it can do up to 6 normal car applications so I am thinking it could easily do 12 or more BPRO's. What do you think? Should I give it a shot or do you think it is a waste of money?

That bumper looked really sunbaked and now it looks new.... kinda skeptical about how well it will work.

Here is the website link http://www.fadedplastic.com/

Let me know what you think!
By luckyb18c5
if you can find the meguiars trim detailer that i posted, you might want to try that first. that is what the product was made for
By jam1ej20
If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. I think you're better off with the heat gun approach. Best case this is just lipstick on a pig. There's no way to fix most of the fade I've seen, you can only mask it until the "fix" wears off or drys out.
By VinDog
So has anyone tried this Hazer plastic restoration product yet?
How did it work?

I tried some Eagle One Trim Protector Gel yesterday on sun-faded black fender trim on Silver Gaucho.
Bottle says "Restores Trim & Bumper Color" and that it quickly penetrates rubber, vinyl, and plastic trim.
Not a wise purchase. Since I only used a couple squirts, I'm going to return it today and try something else...
By wired
Why would you use plastic restorer on a pig? That's just sick. :o
Last edited by wired on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By VinDog
I tried lipstick on the pig, but my wife was getting suspicious.
And of course, it was her lipstick. Now I'm in the dog house...
By VinDog
LMAO
Luckily our dog house is my shed where my tools and PW mod projects are...
By VinDog
Tried MOTHERS BACK TO BLACK which is supposed to restore black plastic and trim to original color and shine. Used it on black fender trim from a Gaucho Silver. Didn't work.

ANYONE TRY HAZER YET?
By VinDog
hootienchyna wrote:tooth paste on the center section.
much cheaper

Great results!
I must try it.

Paste or gel?
Peppermint or Spearamint?
Tartar control?
I assume with the black finish, you didn't use whitening formula? ;)
Last edited by VinDog on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ms1120
VinDog wrote:
hootienchyna wrote:tooth paste on the center section.
much cheaper

Great results!
I must try it.

Paste or gel?
Peppermint or Spearamint?
Tartart control?
I assume with the black finish, you didn't use whitening formula? ;)

That would all depend on what you wanted it to smell like. :lol:
By VinDog
Do I need to floss between body components?

What about when it gets dirty? Do I clean it with mouth wash?

If my alignment is out, does it need braces?
By VinDog
I'm going to try it now. Hope my wife doesn't mind going to work with morning breath tomorrow.
Of course, she can have my collection of pine tree air fresheners I got for the BPROs.
By VinDog
hootienchyna wrote:i think i used colgate cavity protection which is a paste.

Silly question, but should i use only the toothpaste, or should i add water?
By ms1120
VinDog wrote:

And dont forget to rinse.... :D
By VinDog
ms1120 wrote:
VinDog wrote:

And dont forget to rinse.... :D

And spit...
By sand_man_250
For plastics that are lightly faded and still able to be glossy again use a 3 stage method for dark colors i.e. black, brown, some reds, gray. Start with a coarse rubbing compund similar to toothpaste. Next use a machine polish usually gray in color not as pasty. (stop here if you have white, silver,or any light color.) Finally follow up with a ultra fine machine polish, compound will be a liquidy. Then use regular turtle wax just like a regualar car and you should be good. Step one and two will restore yellow or oxidized head lights. For fender flares or something like the xterra bumper scuff plate you probably will have to paint, nothing I've found will completely restore that everthing dries to look same or worse.

P.S. To keep new plastics looking good through the scratches and scuffs use the yellow can pledge regularly. Spray on micro fiber towel wipe off. No joke it works.
Last edited by sand_man_250 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By VinDog
sand_man_250 wrote:Next use a machine polish usually gray in color not as pasty. (stop here if you have white, silver,or any light color.) Finally follow up with a ultra fine machine polish, compound will be a liquidy.

Thanks for the info. I have several vehicles I can try this on.

Do you apply/buff with a wax applicator?
Where can we purchase the machine polish?
By sand_man_250
VinDog wrote:
sand_man_250 wrote:Next use a machine polish usually gray in color not as pasty. (stop here if you have white, silver,or any light color.) Finally follow up with a ultra fine machine polish, compound will be a liquidy.

For small panel application use a applicator pad or a 4 inch buffer low speed 800 rpm or less to prevent burning. Large panels use a 6.5" no higher than 1500 rpm. If you dont have a buffer than applicator pad and by hand but the power behind it helps.
rubbing compound use a wool or fiber buff pad
machine polish use a stiff foam pad medium density
ultra fine machine polish use a soft foam pad meduim density

pads you can get at home depot the dewalt brand they look like the egg carton foam or waffle pads or found online http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-WAFFLE-FOAM-P ... 2ebaae5f29
buffers you can get at harbor freight http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-var ... 92623.html use the velcro discs and pads easier to use

compunds- I know meguires has a 3 stage and 3M hase the one I described http://www.detailing.com/store/popular- ... ct-it.html its the white gray and blue compunds shop around for the best price its 3M PERFECT-IT machine poloshes
By sand_man_250
VinDog wrote:

For small panel application use a applicator pad or a 4 inch buffer low speed 800 rpm or less to prevent burning. Large panels use a 6.5" no higher than 1500 rpm. If you dont have a buffer than applicator pad and by hand but the power behind it helps.
rubbing compound use a wool or fiber buff pad
machine polish use a stiff foam pad medium density
ultra fine machine polish use a soft foam pad meduim density

pads you can get at home depot the dewalt brand they look like the egg carton foam or waffle pads or found online http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-WAFFLE-FOAM-P ... 2ebaae5f29
buffers you can get at harbor freight http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-var ... 92623.html use the velcro discs and pads easier to use

compunds- I know meguires has a 3 stage and 3M hase the one I described http://www.detailing.com/store/popular- ... ct-it.html its the white gray and blue compunds shop around for the best price its 3M PERFECT-IT machine poloshes
By pdogman
I tried Hazer i purchased from Ebay 3 years ago and it worked great on my daughter's 2002 CRV. The plastic was already tiger striped, so my expectations weren't too high for good results. I was really surprised when I started seeing results. The black was black again and even the worst parts looked good. I used it twice about a year apart. The second application looked better than the first. Lasted through multiple washes and the tiger striping never came back I have pictures of the car, but they're too big to upload.
I don't think it's available anymore. If anyone know if it is, let me know. I think it's a great product and I'd like to use it again.

Interested in the two: Dale Earnhardt Jr Nascar Pa[…]

Thanks Wesley. Kit is worth it to not fry anythin[…]

La cucaracha horn

I am working on this setup: https://www.rcgroups.[…]

I have a 12v f-150 raptor (2 seater) I got for $10[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course