HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By SigEp
This isn't really one for the Projects thread, as mostly all I did was paint. I figured I'd post it here to give someone a little inspiration of what you can do with paint.

So anyways, I got this vette as a freebe off Craigslist. It was sun faded on the mirrors, and the tail section. The tail section actually was semi brittle on the surface. The dash sticker was totally gone, radio was not working, the paint on the rims was totally peeled off and the steering wheel was faded. The pop up lights didn't pop up, battery was shot, and the whole thing was super dirty.

So...since it was free and it needed some work anyway, I decided to have a little fun and do a special paint job.

First I cleaned and power washed the whole thing, sanded down the tail section and cleaned it again. I fixed the pop up lights and radio. Since the don't make the dash stickers any more, I got a little creative and cut up a Firetruck dash sticker and applied various gauges to make a new cluster. I swapped out the steering wheel for a new "used" one from a member. Rims were disassembled and painted, separate colors for the rims and discs. Kept calipers stock color. Rims, mirrors, seats, and tail section were all painted white with metallic flake.

Here's the finished product (sold in a few days):
Barbie1.JPG
Barbie1.JPG (78.28 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Barbie2.JPG
Barbie2.JPG (65.34 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Barbie3.JPG
Barbie3.JPG (65.31 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Barbie4.JPG
Barbie4.JPG (77.33 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Barbie5.JPG
Barbie5.JPG (66.27 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Barbie6.JPG
Barbie6.JPG (60.15 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Barbie7.JPG
Barbie7.JPG (62.56 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Barbie8.JPG
Barbie8.JPG (79.09 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Barbie9.JPG
Barbie9.JPG (67.8 KiB) Viewed 1886 times

By SigEp
drew510 wrote:Nice! How did you do the license plate sticker?
I carefully removed it, most of it still had sticker backing. After painting, I reinstalled it and used a perminant glue stick on a couple corners that were still peeling up.
introduction

Hello, I am new member in this forum.hope we have […]

My kids birthday is coming up and I want to get hi[…]

Dynacraft Princess Carraige 24v

This is by far the most helpful 24V install I've s[…]

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course