Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By Jimbawumba
#44518
Hiya, I'm picking up a 12v McQueen today and at first glance from pics I'd say it's gonna benefit from a whole new set of decals. Question is can these be bought as a complete set or can I get scans of them and get them custom done somehow? Hope to get some good info, cheers for any help. Jimbo.
User avatar
By SigEp
#44546
Everywhere I've checked, they're discontinued. But I did find that the new Tiger Imports PW Parts site has a set of the 6v McQueen decals which should be essentially the same. I ordered a set and I'll let you know what they look like when they arrive. I would imagine they should be selling the Cars 2 6v McQueen decals soon but I haven't seen anything yet...
User avatar
By taz11
#44547
Cars 2 stickers are available. They do not include the main body stickers, just the smaller ones. The side stickers only come on the body and are not available to purchase :cry: ....Been there...done that :evil:
User avatar
By SigEp
#44562
SigEp wrote:Everywhere I've checked, they're discontinued. But I did find that the new Tiger Imports PW Parts site has a set of the 6v McQueen decals which should be essentially the same. I ordered a set and I'll let you know what they look like when they arrive. I would imagine they should be selling the Cars 2 6v McQueen decals soon but I haven't seen anything yet...


Ok, scratch that, they just refunded my money... :? I HATE sites that list items in stock and it turns out they aren't!!!
User avatar
By gwinnythepooh
#44584
SigEp wrote:
SigEp wrote:Everywhere I've checked, they're discontinued. But I did find that the new Tiger Imports PW Parts site has a set of the 6v McQueen decals which should be essentially the same. I ordered a set and I'll let you know what they look like when they arrive. I would imagine they should be selling the Cars 2 6v McQueen decals soon but I haven't seen anything yet...


Ok, scratch that, they just refunded my money... :? I HATE sites that list items in stock and it turns out they aren't!!!


This happens to me everytime I order from Tiger, probably won't use them anymore...
User avatar
By SigEp
#44593
gwinnythepooh wrote:
SigEp wrote:
SigEp wrote:Everywhere I've checked, they're discontinued. But I did find that the new Tiger Imports PW Parts site has a set of the 6v McQueen decals which should be essentially the same. I ordered a set and I'll let you know what they look like when they arrive. I would imagine they should be selling the Cars 2 6v McQueen decals soon but I haven't seen anything yet...


Ok, scratch that, they just refunded my money... :? I HATE sites that list items in stock and it turns out they aren't!!!


This happens to me everytime I order from Tiger, probably won't use them anymore...


Yeah, the interesting thing is, they didn't re-calculate/refund the shipping, so I'm still paying shipping based on 3 sheets... I emailed their customer service, we'll see what happens... $2 is $2 right? This was my first test order from Tiger Imports for PW parts, so far it's not looking good.
By Adamup
#46133
I'm going to try a get the large decals on the side custom made for the 2 Lightning McQueens I aquired, Would anyone else be interested in them. Depending on the price, I may get the complete set created in vinyl with a protective clear laminate.

Image
User avatar
By SigEp
#46240
Yeah, I might be interested depending on the price. The few places I've asked about reproducing decals wouldn't do it citing copywrite laws... They wouldn't even scan them for me.
User avatar
By SigEp
#46567
I did a little research and it looks like the decal sheet for the 12v and 6v Cars 1 McQueens was extremely limited. Most all the decals came pre-installed. Here's what the sheet looked like:

McQueen 1 Decal Sheet.jpg


I did notice however that Hobbymasters still has a set of the "Lil" Cars 1 McQueen decals. They have the hood decal as well as the rear bumper decal. I was thinking I could scan them into photoshop and then just blow them up to the standard size...?

But that still leaves windows, the big side stickers, the sponser stickers, etc, etc. Lots of decals on that car pre-installed. If we could get someone to reproduce all the "Pre-intstalled" decals, I'm sure A Lot of people would want a set.
Last edited by SigEp on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Adamup
#47928
Here is the Right side decal that created so far. Turns out that i had to create this almost from scratch using photoshop. What a pain...

Image
User avatar
By SigEp
#48063
Adamup wrote:Here is the Right side decal that created so far. Turns out that i had to create this almost from scratch using photoshop. What a pain...

Image


That looks great! Any chance you can email it or post it where we can download a full res copy?
By Adamup
#48067
One side wouldn't do much for you right. :mrgreen: I plan on creating all the decals for this car and possibly making a little money at least to pay for my decals not to mention my time. Would that be asking too much?
By Adamup
#48368
Just in time for Christmas, I have applied a new set of lightning bolt decals to the kids' Lightning McQueens. Check them out and let me know what you think. These were made a high quality 3M material. If you would like a set of just the Lightning bolts it will cost about $50 to your door but it is made in America! Although, you could wait for more decals to be added and the price wouldn't be much more.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Adamup on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
By taz11
#48670
Being that there is NO other place to get them.....$50 is not THAT bad.
By Adamup
#48679
At least we would be supporting our economy and not China. It cost me $35 to get one set made and i figure $10 to ship. That would be the best i could do. I could see if they could make them out of a cheaper material but I'm sure we wouldn't be happy with them.
User avatar
By SigEp
#48681
I think most people would be looking for a full set of the unavailable decals, not just the lightning bolts. In my experience, if the bolts are messed up, so is most everything else. The ones that go the quickest seem to be the tire decals and the front/rear bumper decals. The tire decals are available on the new Cars 2 McQueen decal sheet, but the front lights/rear bumper decals are not.

But all that said, it's really awesome that you took the time to make those and offer them to the forum.
By sunshyne
#63550
Greetings

I am new to the group and need to re-do my sons bigger Mcqueen car. Any chance this set is available? I got a good deal on the car and want to freshen it up for him
By sueij
#86851
Hi all
I am in the UK and I am desperately trying to find replacement decals for my 12V lightning mcqueen power wheels. I am getting no where with Mattel. Can anyone help?

Many thanks
By me61ic
#98647
I think I might be of some help here. I just ordered a new set of decals for my Feber Lightning McQueen. They were some 10euros. Comparing the Power Wheels brand against the Feber, the stickers are almost the same, only the side ones seems shorter (the whole car looks smaller), you can see it looking at this pictures:

Power Wheels:
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/foru ... ning02.jpg
Feber:
http://img.clasf.es/2013/04/19/Cars-ray ... 023635.jpg
User avatar
By Battman2036
#99126
Very nice job on the photo-chop and print. I used to do graphics as a business and wish I would've had customers like you who could prep their own files. Commercially the $50 for a custom decal print isn't bad.
User avatar
By asanjayf
#99222
Hi me61ic

Can you pls tell me where you bought the McQueen decals? I'm looking for my Son's 6v McQueen, the older version, but from your pics, I guess Feber McQueen decals would just fit it.

Thanks


me61ic wrote:I think I might be of some help here. I just ordered a new set of decals for my Feber Lightning McQueen. They were some 10euros. Comparing the Power Wheels brand against the Feber, the stickers are almost the same, only the side ones seems shorter (the whole car looks smaller), you can see it looking at this pictures:

Power Wheels:
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/foru ... ning02.jpg
Feber:
http://img.clasf.es/2013/04/19/Cars-ray ... 023635.jpg
User avatar
By 247christian
#143928
Hey guy i just picked up a free 12v lightning mcqueen yesterday and its missing all the decals/ or some are faded really bad. i would like to find a complete set. thanks. located in san jose ca (bay area)

I don't have anything written up on the homebrew c[…]

Nice! That thing is flying pretty well :lol: . I[…]

Full Wire Harness ($150) I have an unfinished proj[…]

I know this thread is getting kind of old by now b[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course