Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
Well.... still no results from last week......

Kinda hard to judge the speed of my entry without finish times??????

...so based on that and the speed of one that feels its ok to use an "unapproved" advantage..... I will toss everone's feelings to the dogs for the next two events :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hotwheels GT Racer......cocked, locked ,and ready to rock! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll:
yeah that really stinks. I would like to have some idea of what they are doing.

The weather is making it much worse since I go into work late to make these races. Rain is 50% for this evening and heavy downpours are possible :x . I can't go in late both days so I hope they either call it early enough to go in on time today or the rain holds off. I really don't want to drive out there to have it rain on us in the middle of the event.
RAINED OUT..... Just got an email.

Added dates 16th, 23rd, 30th.

....isn't that an extra day???? :?

Did they possibly toss last weeks results?
Yup 16th was the last race. I am ok with the extra race :lol: It would be nice to know what they are thinking about. Hopefully they tossed all the results.

Just got another email and said the 23 is the last race.
Last edited by Never enough on Thu May 09, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, just got that one. The 30th must have been a typo.
Just got back from Sunny Floriday, nightmare trip home yesterday with a 3 hour delay, finally boarding to have a drunk guy throw up and get kicked off the flight, and then a detour passed the hostage situation in Trenton lol. Up at 5:30 in the morning and home at 8:00 pm. Girls were great though.

On the races, you know at this point its all about fun, gonna let Sydney decide what car she wants to race and not worry about where we finish. Taz, thanks so much for the motor, not sure if I am painting and building today or not, fluid in my ear has me wanting to do very little today. Gotta mow later, so maybe I'll jump on it then if I am feeling 100%.

Scott
Stupid thing just deleted my entire post :evil: No time to write it all so here is just the videos

oval race
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBhPMsevIU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Drag race
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7y6ans3ltY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

obstacle course.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPm619jujWk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Big oval race with the entire field
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKHwaxmESCA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Big drag race
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd880DBCsf4&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Last edited by Never enough on Fri May 17, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Red flag!.... The red is out with the number 19 getting up and over on the back stretch" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
taz11 wrote:" Red flag!.... The red is out with the number 19 getting up and over on the back stretch" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rest of the field... "what happened, we are under caution, we were not even racing yet..." :roll: :?

I give my little guy credit. I listened to the entire video and there was not one wimper or anything the rest of the time he was racing. The last race there was a lot of video sitting there looking at his knee. He kept it together that is while other people are around. Last night he was acting like he was about to lose his leg.

That mustang had me thinking of go out there and hit the pace car....the pace car? yeah the pace car I want you to hit cuz you have hit every other thing out on the track.
Last edited by Never enough on Fri May 17, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The video really shows how much the red mustang was trying to hit other cars. I mean I dont mind a bit of rubbing and kids are kids, but the intentional crashing stuff is a bit much.

Great video over-all. I thought all the kids were in pretty good moods last night, not a lot of crying at all :-)

Tomorrow I'm splitting wood and painting the quad.
The video really shows how much the red mustang was trying to hit other cars. I mean I dont mind a bit of rubbing and kids are kids, but the intentional crashing stuff is a bit much.

The real aggravating part is that the parents don't say anything. If my kids pulled that they would be watching from the curb.

I want to thank NE for bringing his extra GT Racer so both my kids could use one. They had a blast.
There are a few kids in my group that are out of control and want to do nothing other than ram into people. The red mustang is the worst, I have yelled at him several times and he doesn't care at all. When he spun my son after ramming him I stood in front of him yelling at him, he gave me a nasty look and 50 ft later rammed someone else. If I could figure out who the parent is I would tell them to get control of their kid. Next week when people arrive I will look for them.

He rammed my sons car in the back while waiting in line for no reason and one the driveway racer the other car hits my son. I totally understand the risk of racing and that he is running a small car in a group of larger cars with inexperienced drivers. My issue is he does it on purpose and he does it a lot when we are not racing just waiting in line.

The blue jeep and kid on the john deere tractor are pretty bad also but the parents of the john deere tractor are at least there and yelling at the kid. My kids would be done and we would not be coming back if they acted like that. In the big oval race the john deere and mustang drivers were on both sides o my 3 year olds quad and they squeezed her in and thought it was great as they pushed her off the track. Yelled at the mustang driver again and he didnt care.

In one race while we are waiting you can see them repeatedly keep ramming Sydneys gaucho while she is stopped. Not sure if it messed up your paint job Scott but I would have been ticked off, I should put a compilation video together of the mustang ramming everyone. He really did try to hit every car that past him. OK rant off.

Its a fun event and we had a blast. I loved watching all those little racers flying around the track. In the video of the big oval at the very end you can hear a woman scream. It was because my son was going to keep going and I yelled to him to pull into the pits, well he stopped and Sydney came racing up right behind him in the gaucho and almost ran over my son. It was very close but she wasn't paying attention and my son stopped and spaced out while I am yelling at him to go. At the last second or two Sydney turns and my son takes off. I keep telling him you can't stop on the track but he is in his own little world while driving. From the video you can't tell anything awful was about to happen other than the woman screaming :lol:
Never enough wrote:
That mustang had me thinking of go out there and hit the pace car....the pace car? yeah the pace car I want you to hit cuz you have hit every other thing out on the track.

Well......close

( PG13 due to adult language.) :lol: :lol:
Last edited by taz11 on Sat May 18, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here is a photo my wife snapped of the near miss I was talking about. My son is stopped and Sydney was going at a very good speed. I have no idea how they didn't crash but I am glad they didn't. I think my son would have been on losing end of that crash big time.

It looks like she was looking at him but she was looking to the side and looked straight ahead at the last second and turned at the same time my son floored the gas.
Attachments
092.1.jpg
I thought Sydney did hit him, just not very hard. That rear facing go pro angle would have been interesting.

As for the red mustang, yea I saw him running into Syd, I dont think he did anything to the paint, but I kept thinking if he breaks it Im going to be pissed lol.

Was working on Charley's new quad, pretty much have it back together, green and pink with Princess Tiana decals on it. I ran short one 7/16th push nut, have to hit Lowes tomorrow and see if they have one and she will be ready to roll.
Not looking good for today :cry: Its pouring here and with the good chance for severe thunderstorms I am most likely not take the kids today. We will see how the day goes on but the radar doesn't look good. I really don't want to be standing in a field with my kids hoping to not get hit by lighting.
Just saw that as well, man thats going to be tough. I have to be in the city Wednesday and Jen has a board meeting for the pre-school that night. D'oh!!!!

Last week Charley said that racing in the mud was more fun anyhow, so I think Taz just needs to host another race this year :-)
OUCH!

I have a sore arm....don't twist it so far :P
Worst case...... You guys organize something and I'll set up the track for you.
hmmmmm... not lookin' good is it?

Don't tell the kids....but I could use a week off :roll: I ran myself into the ground getting ready for the season.
Clear as a whistle right now......

I got two issues.......

I'm putting up a new pool......... as in "its up but has no water in it"........ calling for possible 70 mph winds. Bad combo.

I will be watching closely, I may have to tie it down! I know it moved the other day with a light gust.

My new cell phone has the weather app.......so I can watch the radar from the park :D :D :D ...if we get that far.
Someday I Suppose wrote:Taz, my god man when do you rest? Did you get the liner in it yet, or just the outside frame up?

Rest?

Everything but the liner. I have my van parked as a wind break and I have 2 ratchet straps to the van.
I hope you remembered remove those straps from the van today. :D

I am just getting to the videos now so I know they won't be on you tube today.

As for the event, not much to say. It is what it is. They gave my son a third place trophy when I doubt he was third, most likely top 5. Sadly I am glad its over.

Not sure if I will go back next year the more I think about it. I am more interested in getting something going here. My township is not interested in doing a race but I am going to try other townships around here and see if anyone is willing to give it a shot. At least a one day event.
Yeah.... pretty much done here.

We managed to get 1st and 2nd in our group....but...

Overall winning car........ 12v RZR that ran circles around 24v RZRs???????? and didn't bother to show up one week????????

....and nobody in the staff questions this even after being tipped off about over volting????????

Hey...if they don't care, that's fine. I will not be part of it.

Yes, I know, I can over volt mine too and cheat like the others but....... bottom line is. 10 mph plastic cars in large groups where 75% of the drivers have trouble controlling 12v cars..... Somebody's going to get hurt.

If it was on grass it would be different....but its not.

Anyway....kids had no clue....so they loved it!
Last edited by taz11 on Thu May 30, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The kids had no clue... thats the thing I keep trying to come back to, as much as I get annoyed by how its run, for the most part the kids seem to enjoy it, but man it makes you scratch your head. This year with no listings on points and what not from week to week its impossible to know how they scored it, a bit sad really, but yea the kids seem to have fun.

Looking forward to this weekend, having a bunch of kids over Saturday to beat on cars. Should be a fun time except for the fighting over who gets to drive what. :-)
taz11 wrote:10 mph plastic cars in large groups where 75% of the drivers have trouble controlling 12v cars..... Somebody's going to get hurt.

This is what is gonna keep me from coming back. The over volted kid had no idea how to drive and just rammed into the slower cars. Grouping kids by age doesn't work either. Some kids had no idea what to do and did not pay attention and putting them in a group with 24v cars is not smart.

I understand most kids will not have the same experience but if all the cars are at least running the same speed it makes for a much safer race. Cars getting lapped and others just having a demo derby in one race is just a disaster. Its a shame since it could be a simple event that they are making a mess out of.

Giving the awards out to who ever they wanted and pretending to keep score is also a bad move. Don't keep score if you don't want to but don't pretend to be.
Last edited by Never enough on Thu May 30, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It took me a while to realize that they had it by age and not voltage this year. The last one we went to they were getting lined up for the big race and the woman who runs it says to me I'm going to line the littel kids up first and put the faster kids behind them. As kindly as I could I suggested that was a bad idea as they were likely to get run over. Hey I like jam cars when I am playing with slot cars 30 years ago, but not with my kids thanks :-)

I keep wondering if sending a nicely worded e-mail is worth the effort or not...
The thought crossed my mind...then I gave up.

I'm all for fast cars........but.........

Kids have to be able to control them and they have to be on a surface where they don't slide for 25 feet when they hit the brakes.

Their inability to use common sense has caused me to give up on the whole idea.....

Its a shame, they had a good concept. I was working with a person last year and we had corrected a lot of issues. She was not part of it this year and the remaining people couldn't give a rat's patuti.

I scored the oval race and wrote it all down so they could see it.....since they have issues with loosing track of multiple cars.
I was flabbergasted when I gave it to our group leader and noticed that they had NO times at all on there sheet. NOTHING!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Don't want to score it? Fine....don't pretend that you are! REALLY????? That was the final straw for me.
Last edited by taz11 on Fri May 31, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marie's 3 G Boys wrote:This was my sons 1st year in the Power Wheels Series @Turkey Brook. He was in group #3, (Fire Rescue Jeep #21) Did not know there was cheating going on. Good thing my racer did not know his time was being scored.

First...glad to see you checking in here. I remember your son.

The couple that scored group 3 the first few weeks did a great job scoring, probably the best effort I've seen in the 3 years I've been going......not sure what happened after that. The last event was...well....No words.

The cheating was in group 2....so you may not have noticed. I tend to pick these things up quickly since I've been around racing for 30 years and have been working on Power Wheels for over five. They stand out better than a sore thumb.
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Welcome to the board, always good to have another local on here. :-)

Marie's 3 G Boys wrote:This was my sons 1st year in the Power Wheels Series @Turkey Brook. He was in group #3, (Fire Rescue Jeep #21) Did not know there was cheating going on. Good thing my racer did not know his time was being scored.
Thats the best part, the kids having fun :-)

And if he was one of the ones crashing into our kids we would be okay with it now that your on the forum lol.

Marie's 3 G Boys wrote:Just showed my sons the videos posted above and #21 loved seeing himself race. I don't think he took the Jeep out of 1st gear the entire race, but that's okay he had fun. I'm so glad he was not one of the kids crashing into your kids too!

I just sent a PM for Barbie Escalade Part# W6203-0[…]

Jeep Hurricane Radio

There were a few hurricane models and not all of t[…]

My Thomas the Train has a dead circuit board. Doe[…]

I forgot also....Get Up , rub some dirt on it, get[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course