KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
By landon
Found this while browsing the youtubes today:

Two things:

-I know this sounds weird coming from someone named Landon, but what kind of drugs are you on when you name your kids Tyme and Masion (*not* Mason, not Maison, but Masion)?
I'm sorry if you're reading this and have named your kids Tyme and/or Masion... sorry for them, at least :lol:

-How in the world would you "win" and event like this?!?! Whoever's battery lasts the longest? I can't imagine anybody's vehicle would get damaged to the point where it couldn't be driven anymore...

ok, well, three things:
To the person who entered the Dune Racer... you should have your PowerWheels privileges revoked for life!! :evil:
By SAHDman
I spent the first minute or so wondering how the hell you pronounce Tyme. I was really really hoping it was "time". I was wrong....that poor kid. I'm all for a "unique" name but some people need to have naming rights taken away from them. You saddle those poor kids with terrible names for their whole life
By taz11
I guess you have to be a derby veteran to appreciate this.......

AWESOME!!!!

(names aside :lol: )

We have a member entered in one soon.

Check out the end of this topic http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12928

My son has been bugging me to build a car ever since he saw the above topic. I keep telling him the car is worthless without an event!

Anyone? :lol:
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
By iDz Bowl
I still like that downhill race (for adults) better, I would be down for that. I would probably come out of it with something broken, but that's ok (sick time, cough cough)! It was posted on our Facebook page a couple weeks ago.
This is what my yard looks like when my wifes friends bring their kids around. I guess I should quit fighting them to all drive the same direction and pass out helmets to have a demo derby. I know my kids would love this.
By taz11
Never enough wrote:This is what my yard looks like when my wifes friends bring their kids around. I guess I should quit fighting them to all drive the same direction and pass out helmets to have a demo derby. I know my kids would love this.

Yup.....

"before school starts" play date today......not looking forward to getting home today :?
I am very surprised at how many power wheels demolition derbys are on you tube. Do you have any rules for this event? I am just trying to see what the other events are doing and it seems like there are not much for rules in any of the events I have checked out already.

How do these end? I can't see the kids doing this for an hour or more.
By taz11
My thoughts.....

Any combination of stock parts. No reinforcing. No motorcycles or quads (um duh :roll: ), 12v max, 12ah max Run till they drop. I figure all that back and forth will kill the bat in under 30 minutes.

Looks like some just have a time limit......but I like option 1 :D
By taz11
Hmmmm.... we better make sure the rules are spelled out completely! :?

http://we-crash.proboards.com/thread/36065
I did see that site the other day. I was thinking how some of them with all that weight and heavy tires will destroy those gear boxes and never last to the forward and reverse. I would just worry about the weight of a reinforced body slamming into some little kid. The cars already are very strong and very high speed is not needed, I would say traction is much more important and very solid electrical connections. And dump the push nuts.

I would think a stock volted car would outlast something on 18 volts. Use a super six harness so its only f/r. I think the stock parts in any configuration is a great rule. The bodies are plastic and should not cause the problems they do when crushed on a real car.
By iDz Bowl
It's funny seeing how many of those guys talk about running their kids Power Wheels on car and tractor batteries... One even has pipes out the front, not really understanding the purpose of that, lol.
By taz11
One even has pipes out the front, not really understanding the purpose of that, lol.

'cause all the real ones have them :D :D :D

That's the first thing my son asked for "pipes out the hood" 8-)
taz11 wrote:
One even has pipes out the front, not really understanding the purpose of that, lol.

'cause all the real ones have them :D :D :D

That's the first thing my son asked for "pipes out the hood" 8-)

I guess my idea of putting lights in the pipes to make it look like flames really has no good purpose......doubt it would be worth it since it will be hard to see during the day.
Powerwheels Derbys are very common I. Ohio. I'm building my nease and nephew a couple cars now. My rules are simple. No modification to axles wheels tires or anything. I can install a lawn mower battery in place of the factory one. And I must bolt wire or tape all doors trunks and hood down. I and of course no motorcycles, quads, Indy cars, or low cars.

Are Derbys are decided by 30minutes of hitting and then a drag race to decide the winner.

The pipes out the hood are called stacks. In a real derby car it's the exhaust I put then on mine to look more real. The hole point we started doing powerwheels Derbys at the show I run is were trying to get younger kids interested in Derbys becoulse we don't want to see them die out.

Let me know if those pics work.
Unibody Jeep Front End Sag

Ok First! I have read all the post I could find on[…]

Burning up Banebot 775 Motors

Not sure what to suggest here. Unless the (still […]

I came across this thing for free. It's awesome. N[…]

Since you haven't purchased it yet my suggestion i[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course