HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
No...RickyVB..."MR PVC" :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Should I be preparing the 4x4 course too?
Last edited by taz11 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he was before my time on this board but I have seen most of his builds, I would bet Ricky Bobby fits him.... :lol: I was always amazed he was able to sell them. I don't think the lowes here has enough PVC for me to compete with his builds. :lol:

4x4 would be awesome but I am still trying to get my other 7 cars together. We still have 2 more weeks right :D
ummm....no :roll:

The forecast looks better this morning...PHEW!
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
taz11 wrote:This one? http://www.freesoundeffects.com/track/hot-rod-2--turn-off-engine-455/

Yes, that's perfect! :D Just hook it to a vibration sensor from a car alarm system so everyone knows who just hit them! :lol: :twisted:
Taz, that is a great idea with the balloons. Something everyone should note. I got the balloons in the mail over the weekend. I ordered 400- 5" white, got 400- 11" red "get well soon" balloons. No explanation, but they came from China, so. :? As for start time, I am free all day, so no real opinion. Should I bring food/snacks?
Sure....snacks are good. Post here so we all know and we don't get duplicates.

When you get a second, can you blow up one of those balloons and see what the true diameter is. That way all our loops will work right the first time :? :roll: I'm thinking one to two inches diameter less than the balloon....maybe smaller. Can you try a 5" loop and see what happens?

"get well soon" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody good with 12:00?

Hit up the grub and be racing by 1:00?
I can see if my wife has time to make some cookies again, if not I will pick some up from the bakery. I can bring juice boxes as well for the kiddos.

12 works for me. Earlier the better, we cant stay too late. My wife has to do something that night and I get to babysit. :shock:
Taz, I keep forgetting to ask, you have some room for a 16' trailer? :-)
I ditched the little harbor freight one I had and upgraded since we have been going atv riding. (BTW any of you guys know some atv trails near you?) I know your place is kind of tight.
Plenty of room for the trailer as long as it doesn't rain for 3 days straight beforehand. Watch the mailboxes on the way in...tight swing.

Railroad tracks ..a lot of people use the service road for ATVs.....although, it is technically trespassing.

What time do you have to bail? I'm hoping to be done by 4...give or take.
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Added the race order to the first post. I have also added the 4x4 class. If you are bringing a 4x4 let me know. I'll add you to the list.
Hey Scott.....

Don't feel obligated but......any chance we can get some Brisket and poppers? They were SOOOOO Good last year :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!
Yeah I was hoping to get out by 5. Thats perfect.
I will bring the RC 4x4 just for fun since I will have room.

Yeah I hear lots about riding on fire roads and railways. Don't really want to risk it with my son. NJ is terrible for off road fun.

+1 for the brisket and poppers :-)
I will have cords for charging. If any of you have extra power strips, bring them along.
The 4 outlet ones would be handy to have.
I will bring what I have as well.

What was the final diameter we are making the balloon holders? And what height?

Looks like I will be bringing the little guy with me as well so I want to get everything good to go ahead of time. Should make things interesting ;-) I have enough batteries, cars, ect that I shouldnt have to mess around with much. We should be ready to race right off the trailer. Just will need to add the balloons. I will bring the RC truck for the little guy, he loves that thing.
I have not heard back yet on the test with the bigger balloons.

My thinking is..... My test balloon was 7" and the loop was 3-1/2" Worked good. Based on that I would guess that a 5-1/2" loop would be good for a 11" balloon. If we don't here back from civieybuilder soon, that's what I'm going with.

The height should be between 7" and 12".
Sorry about not getting back on the balloons, swamped, life & work. Anyway, the balloons are 10" diameter in the "center" when blown up to what I would consider full. Tried a 5" loop, very tight, tried a 7" loop seemed loose. So I am saying between 5" and 6" diameter would be best.

TAZ, will try to get the 4x4 in working order for the race, not sure it will happen, it is in pieces all over the basement. :cry:

Planning in bring brats and hot dogs with a portable grill.
Great, thanks. Understand life and work + swamped thing too well ;)

I feel your pain... Test drove one of the 4x4s tonight (hasn't been run since the last event) Run ended with two loud "pop" sounds about 4-5 seconds apart. First one was the right front GB, second one was the left front GB :shock: :o

I am now retrofitting different GBs in the front. Mental note...INJUSA gearboxes are CRAP for modding! That's what I get for leaving stuff to the last minute!

....and I stuck the Handisaw through my hand in my haste to rebuild it...UGGGGGH! :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As for the food we will be bringing pretzels from the pretzel factory. I figure that would be quick for kids to grab and go.

My family is Italian and stubborn so they will end up bringing massive amounts of food for a party of 100 people. They say that they will only bring some cookies and wrapped hot dogs but we will see.
The paint is supposed to be dry when you get here! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've taken a few big cars to the track with wet paint :oops:
4X4 update.......

4x4 recommended, but not required.

I have some ideas for this. Final 4x4 race layout TBD.

Should work like this.....

There will be a short obstacle course set up. The cars will run one at a time. This is a difficult course. Each time the handler has to "help" to complete the course you will get a point. The "points" will determine the starting order for a 4 minute road course race. Least number of points gets a head start.
10:13 pm....All cars ready.....I hope :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I even put the roof back on my house........Don't ask :!: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!:
Last edited by taz11 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hate to write this guys but looks like we are a last minute scratch, Sydney has been up sick most of the night. I'll spare the details, but suffice to say she will be home today and I don't want to spread the germs. Taz ill shoot you a PM later today but want to thank ou again for the work in putting thus together. Please please please take video and share! Hope everyone has an awesome time.

Scott
Hope your daughter feels better Scott, you will be missed!

I think we are ready to go. Didnt get as much work done on the demo truck as we wanted, but it is functional so it will do.
I am hoping to head out around 11ish which will put us there a little before 1. We are bringing 5 vehicles. Demo truck, Extreme machine for stock and modified stock, vette for modified, quad for unlimited(maybe) and off road. I also have the rc 4x4 so the little guy can play too. Not competing in anything but he loves riding that thing.
I have a clicking gb in the extreme machine at 18v. Hopefully it holds up. I didnt get a chance to swap it out. Maybe I will throw a extra on the truck in case we have some down time before racing.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, should be a nice cool sunny day.
That stinks Scott. Hope she feels better. Sick kids are bad enough but when they miss out on something its worse.

I was listening to James hack up a lung last night. I'm thinking "I hope he's not getting sick" Not like I can "not go". :roll:
Wow the boys and I had a great time today. It was a little hectic with the little guy there but he had a blast as well. Was asleep in the truck before we backed out of the driveway!
Thanks so much Taz for putting it on again. It gets better every year! Nice to put faces to the screen names and see everyone's creations. Wish I had more time to mingle but between being unprepared, and chasing Aaron around I was a little busy!

I did have some time to snap some pics.

Check out the album here.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Jornum1 ... ing%202013

And here are a couple good ones

I cant even begin to describe how jealous I am :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
To give credit where it is due. Never Enough coordinated a lot of this event. Thanks for Helping out NE!
We had a great time yesterday. Thanks Taz for letting us tear up your yard again :D I did the easy stuff, you still did most of the setup. The demolition derby was actually very good for a 1st time. My son was upset the cars did not get wrecked like the real ones :lol:. My daughter was extremely upset about being in the derby and one ran one heat. I thought maybe she didn't like all the hitting but it turns out she didn't want anyone hitting her pretty car that she painted :lol: :roll:. I guess she missed the point of building the car.

The video I have is pretty (user issues) but the go pro video is really cool and still downloading to youtube. Should be done by Christmas.

The biggest issues I had is I totally underestimated running so many cars for so long and not having enough batteries. I brought 9 new batteries and it was no where close to enough to keep them running in all the races. I had a circuit breaker issue in the yellow gaucho that was repaired quickly with a fuse and that truck ran well for the rest of the day.

I have pictures here but have not really looked through them yet.

http://s283.photobucket.com/user/mudman4901/library/?sort=3&page=1
I would SOOO bet there next year. I'm just not tough enough to attempt a 36 hour drive... :x :cry:

The video is lower quality but that is just so it would not take so long to upload to you tube. The battery died at the end so thats why its cut short.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnIZ24ZVQPs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZZ0jz4Sbo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

May be awhile before the road course videos are up since they are taking about 14 hours EACH :shock:
Last edited by Never enough on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Did I put a "cat" balloon on Charlene's car? I swear it had 9 lives. That thing got run over multiple times!

Hmmmm Fix-a-flat? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I found a stray balloon under my trailer this morning and another one by the front porch :lol: :roll:
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOL!!!!! You have to turn the volume up when you watch the 12v stock race. The grunts and laughs are hysterical!!!!

....and that is why we do this!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

.....well mostly why anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !
taz11 wrote:LOL!!!!! You have to turn the volume up when you watch the 12v stock race. The grunts and laughs are hysterical!!!!

LOL yeah my kid loves to talk all the time when driving. It was interesting to listen to the conversations between the kids while in the pits since the camera didn't stop. Also caught grandmom redhanded doing things that were asked not to do.

I do this because there is something wrong with me its just an added bonus the kids like it too :P

When I do the same thing with real cars lot of people just don't get it, doing the same thing with power wheels they still don't get it but its cute and its for the kids so it ok :roll:
taz11 wrote:LOL!!!!! You have to turn the volume up when you watch the 12v stock race. The grunts and laughs are hysterical!!!!

:lol: That laugh when he finally gets past the quad is PRICELESS!! :lol:
Awesome videos, looks like a great time was had by all.
Big, huge thanks to TAZ & NeverEnough for a great time. The videos are great, I love the fact my son tried to team up on the relay. My son loved it all, especially the derby. The final was the best, go to last balloon. First time at a race, learned 3 12v and one 6v batteries are not enough. :cry: I did not know the kids were talking as much as they are on the videos. The laugh is great
Last edited by civieybuilder on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have some video that I'll try to upload this weekend. There was more than just "bump drafting" He out right "dumped" Charlene in the Mod race.
FINALLY!..

This one was entertaining.....
Great video! Taz, where did those kids learn to drive so aggressively? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who owns the jeep? It love the stance, is there a build page for it here on MPW?
toycrusher wrote:Great video! Taz, where did those kids learn to drive so aggressively? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who owns the jeep? It love the stance, is there a build page for it here on MPW?

They learned here......
j&c win.jpg

When you play with the die-hards....it's eat or get eaten.

That's civiey's jeep. Lots of gorilla tape in that baby! :lol:
The red jeep is mine, and yes it is held together with gorilla tape. Had an aluminum/u-bolt frame the axle was mounted on. It broke and a gearbox broke before the race meeting. Had about 4 hours the day before the race to come up with fix. Fix was gorilla tape held axle, bungee cord held gearboxs for shock relief. I am going to do a write up when I get a chance. It now how about 4 hours on it at 18 volts and about 2 hours @ 24 volts and no problems. I have to admit, I did not think it would last this long.

Other questions: Hardened pinions? I don't think […]

First gen Bigfoot project

Put a pair of traxxas titan 21t motors on it the o[…]

Jeep 4x4 12v RC

So Lama Toys is a distributer/retailer but it's no[…]

Hi, I love the idea of putting together a 24v[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course