Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
I should be in for all......if I can find enough batteries that still work. :roll: :oops: Been slackin' on the maintenance charging.
Looks good, Taz, delete my response in the other thread if you want.

On classes, we should be good for Stock, +6, and Derby for both Sydney and Charley. Are we doing the off road course this year as well? Might need to plan my cars out more :-)

Does a corvette running 18V and relays instead of the circuit board count as a +6 car or modified?

On the derby, I am pretty sure Charley is going to use the Dora Jeep we just picked up, and I need to find something for Syd. Never Enough, sounds good on the safety stuff, I think the girls are actually looking forward to crashing into each other since they are never allowed to do so at home. A smaller grassy area, center of the track probably makes the most sense.

Scott
Someday.....Just grabbed a TAT Jeep out of the trash if you want it. Still has the lock out screw in it....sun baked.
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Taz, interested for sure in the trash find, deal for sure. :-) I could probably sneak out next Saturday sometime to grab it if that works for you.

NE, I wasn't sure if I was going to bring the vette or not yet. On classes, it does start to be a lot, maybe on the off road drop the stock class and just do +6 and up?
We could combine the Modified and Unlimited classes. OR....

Features only on the oval. The obstacle course ...we can run multiple cars (20 or so seconds apart). Should save some time.

The one at a time last year kinda drug out a little.
20 seconds apart would probably work, it did start to get long last year.

Is there a way to do the obstacle course as a race, maybe not as technical but a road course with some bumps and jumps and let them run 5 laps? Seems to me that the thing the kids enjoy most is driving the cars, so I think anything we do to maximize drive time and limit sit around and wait time is a plus.

taz11 wrote:We could combine the Modified and Unlimited classes. OR....

Features only on the oval. The obstacle course ...we can run multiple cars (20 or so seconds apart). Should save some time.

The one at a time last year kinda drug out a little.
Works for me...What do you think NE?

I could mow the preferred line wider and put objects at the apex. As long as they go around the object its all good right?
James decide he was too big for the derby jeep :? ....Looks like we are using a Vette :shock: instead
Sure do....and its faded red :D
Last edited by taz11 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like the race idea. i think the kids would get a kick out of racing a rally course type of thing. My kids really liked the off road course last year and I bet it would be a lot more fun to have them all run at once. If it doesn't work we can always change it up after the 1st race.

We can drop the stock road course class, it would take forever waiting for them to go around 5 laps.

If everyone wants to combine the modified and unlimited in the road course its fine with me as long as everyone is on board with it. I don't want to get people upset running against the unlimited cars. I guess we can make the track tighter a bit so the faster cars need to work to pass people.
I run my mod cars in the unlimited class anyway.

If we run stock on the obstacle course, we can just run less laps........ OR.....

In true Enduro fashion...... We can run a time limit and count laps ...Most laps in 5 (or 10 minutes) wins.

Its easier to score that way too. ;)
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My entries look good. Quads are okay for the off road, correct, its only the Demo derby with intentional hitting we want to keep those out yes?

Also does a Super 6 at 12V count as a +6 car? My 3 yr old might want to drive her Princess Tiana special over one of our Peg Quads... As long as the gear boxes last at least.
Someday I Suppose wrote:My entries look good. Quads are okay for the off road, correct, its only the Demo derby with intentional hitting we want to keep those out yes?

Also does a Super 6 at 12V count as a +6 car? My 3 yr old might want to drive her Princess Tiana special over one of our Peg Quads... As long as the gear boxes last at least.

Yes...and ...yes
Just noticed, Andrew is also in for all the off road races. #40.

Question about the derby, what does any combination of stock parts mean? Stock parts from any vehicle? For example swapping wheels, motor/gbs? As long as they are a stock part from any normal ride on?
Just wondering because the escalade's tires stink. If I can swap them out great, if not I may be in the market for another junker.

And for the bracing you mean inside the vehicle correct?
Any parts from any BPRO. If you swap wheels, make sure you cut off any extra axle so it doesn't stick out and jab someone.(reason for the shaft collar ban)

Only non stock bracing allowed would be across an open doorway...like on a Jeep or Gator. No other reinforcing allowed. If you have to make a bracket or something to mount a part from a different vehicle, make sure it is of equal or less strength as the parts you are attaching. With the Escalade you should only need to zip tie the doors shut to prevent nasty pinches.
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahh I got ya. I wasnt planning on bracing, but just didnt get what you meant. I see now.

No worries, the escalade will be nice and safe, and orange ;-) Andrew insists on painting it orange. Maybe a pumpkin theme, and a name,
"Smashing Pumpkins"?

How about some Daddy fun. We should have a punkin chuckin tribute MPW style :-) Make a pumpkin chucker out of a BPRO. Wow that would be fun, should have brought that up sooner. Maybe next year.
We're covered.....I have a FA ID....you just have to let me pull the cord :lol:
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So in my search for a different derby vehicle(lost some parts to the escalade, and remembered why I ditched it in the first place) I found barbie jeep in good shape for $20 I am picking up tomorrow. Its a bit rough, but works fine. Perfect for a derby donor.

Cruising craigslist I happened to stumble on a eliminator in good shape for $45. Always loved the looks of that one and Andy thought it was cool. $45 is a fair price? I am going to pick it up this morning.
Just when I thought I was done buying more, you guys suck me back in ;-)

Now do I modify it or leave it for the stock and +6 catagory :-)
These things look like they are a lot of fun at 24v drifting around from the videos others have posted.

On a side note, is refreshing to find good people that want to pass on their kids toys, and arent trying to deceive you or make a killing. Why cant more people be like that?

Looking forward to the 27th!
Looks clean.....

Anyone have a line on cheap bulk balloons? 3 races at 12 balloons each...that's potentially 36 balloons per car.

I think they should all come from the same place for uniformity.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Anyone ever try filling those water bombs with air?
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
.....If we did this in July we could use water bombs :lol:
Sounds good to me. That's less than $5 per member.

This may sound stupid but....I can't wait for the racing season to be over so I can start building our derby cars :lol: :oops: :roll:
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
wow thats a lot of balloons. Does anyone have a way to seal them without knots?

I have no problem filling all those balloons but I can't tie more than a few before my hands are in pain.

I need to get on the ball. I have to still build 3 derby cars, 2 modified and make sure I have 3 good running cars for the stock class and 3 for the road course.
Getting excited, Andy loves these things.

Taz, question on modified stock. You say traction bands are allowed on the front wheels How about rubber wheels? Just curious because I have some little rubber wheels off a lawnmower that I thought would fit the eliminator nicely. I see other guys with rubber tires up front doing awesome drifting at 18v on paved surfaces.
Figured I could swap them out for the modified class if its allowed. Maybe the eliminator actually has a chance of making the turn at 18v ;-) Those front wheels suck for traction!
They are Ok for unlimited, Modified stock has to have tires off of some type of "kids" BPRO.
Dont want to fail the pre race inspection

Yeah...they're brutal !
Vehicle change..... :lol: Just trash grabbed a Solstice....great derby car for Charlene :D
Ok..I think I'm done changing my mind now :oops: :lol:

Pulled both derby cars into the garage tonight. To my surprise they both worked when I jumpered in a good battery! I have some tweaking I want to do....but its nice to know that if I run out of time, they will run as is.
Attachments
derby1.jpg

Ok, I mocked up one with one of the rejects I had[…]

We have an Audi R8 Spyder 6-Volt Battery-Powered R[…]

Barn find jeep coming together!

This what I started out with on the left, what's b[…]

Other questions: Hardened pinions? I don't think […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course