Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
2013 Northeast power wheels racing and demolition derby will be on October 27, 2013 at Taz's

So far we have

Someday I suppose....................#3
Someday I suppose ...................#5
Civieybuilder...........Jacob.........#15
Never enough........Abigail......... #16
Never enough........Matthew....... #17
Never enough........Luciano.........#18
Jornum1...............Andrew........#40
Taz....................Charlene.......#67
Taz....................James..........#68

Oval track races
Stock..........#3,#5,#15,#16,#17,#18,#40,#67,#68
Stock +6........#3,#5,#15,#16,#17,#18,#40,#67,#68
Modified ........#15,#16,#17,#18,#40,#67,#68
Unlimited........#15,#17,#40,#67,#68
Derby........#3,#5,#15,#16,#17,#18,#40,#67,#68....

Off Road course races
Stock............#3,#5,#15,#16,#17,#18,#67,#68
Stock +6...........#3,#5,#15,#16,#17,#18,#67,#68
Modified............#15,#16,#17,#18,#67,#68
4X4..................#17,#40,#67,#68

Tentative time schedule:
Arrive 11:30-12:00
Food and snacks 12:00-1:00
Racing at 1:00...ish

1) 12v oval- 10 laps
2) 12v road- 8 minutes
3) 18v oval- 15 laps
4) 18v road- 8 minutes
5) Mod stock oval- 20 laps
6) Mod stock/unlimited road- 8 minutes
7)Unlimited oval- 20 laps
8)Derby 1- 5 minutes
9) Derby 2- 5 minutes
10)4x4 road/offroad TBD
11) Derby 3- Goes to the last balloon.....no time limit.

2 hours of races....plus down time. Should get us done by 4, 5 at the latest.
Last edited by taz11 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:06 am, edited 15 times in total.
By taz11
I'm in! I guess I better be, it's likely to be in my yard. :roll:

Russ, Maybe include it in an October Race meet? Oval, Obsticle, Derby :D
By taz11
Someday I Suppose wrote:Were still talking power wheels right? Or are we talking about all the dads getting beaters and tearing up Taz's yard?

Any rules? Could be fun.

Rules TBD......Rough Idea....Any combination of stock parts,No reinforcing, 12v max, 12ah max. No quads or vehicles that leave legs exposed.

oh....and decorating cars in the demolition derby theme is strongly encourged :lol:
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Never enough
I was only trying to see the real interest in this. If not many really wanted to do it I would be able to have the event here since I have a big enough property for a derby.

I would think it would be easier on people to have it with the October races at Taz's house but at the same time I didn't want to add too much and have the kids get bored.

As for the rules they may change a little but the basics are what Taz has stated. Just basically try and keep the kids as safe as possible. Make sure whatever is attached wouldn't hurt someone if it came loose.

It will be a timed event to see who will last to the end. As long as the cars can steer and drive they are in. I am thinking of only 1 or 2 heats to see how this works out and if the kids even will like it. We can do more if the kids and cars can handle it.

Anyone have any dates that would work for them in mid to late October?
By Someday I Suppose
Date wise in October, the 6th, 13th, or 27th would all work for me.

I just need someone to assure me that were not going to get Snow the weekend after or another Hurricane :-)

Would be nice for the kids to go Trick or Treating for a change....
By Whitepup
#sadthatWhitepuplivesinKansas
By Never enough
Someday I Suppose wrote:I just need someone to assure me that were not going to get Snow the weekend after or another Hurricane

Sure everything will be great. No problems what so ever. It was a once in a lifetime event......was that good enough?? Now just don't check the weather again from now until the event :D

My parents actually just got back into their home a while back and now the state is involved in buying back the entire block to level it. :roll: Gotta love NJ... why waste peoples time and money to rebuild only to kick them out again. Plus all the nice new fixtures and appliances must be left behind to get destroyed. Genius at work there.

Whitepup wrote:#sadthatWhitepuplivesinKansas

Someone needs to move closer. :D :D
By taz11
Never enough wrote:
Someday I Suppose wrote:I just need someone to assure me that were not going to get Snow the weekend after or another Hurricane

Sure everything will be great. No problems what so ever. It was a once in a lifetime event......was that good enough?? Now just don't check the weather again from now until the event :D

My parents actually just got back into their home a while back and now the state is involved in buying back the entire block to level it. :roll: Gotta love NJ... why waste peoples time and money to rebuild only to kick them out again. Plus all the nice new fixtures and appliances must be left behind to get destroyed. Genius at work there.

Whitepup wrote:#sadthatWhitepuplivesinKansas

Someone needs to move closer. :D :D

No...he's a smart man....staying far away from the above mention crazyness......

Sounds just like NJ's latest attempt to end gun violence...50% tax on ammo....... pretty sure illegal gun sales don't have "sales tax" on the bottom line :?
By Someday I Suppose
NE, I knew they got hit hard, but didnt realize they were just now getting back in. That is horrible that it took them this long as well to decide they were going to try to buy out the neighborhood. Tax dollars at work for sure. :-(
By Never enough
Actually for the government to do something I feel this is pretty quick. The shore was hit much worse and nothing is getting done there yet. NJ held some townhall meeting and told people what they planned on do and to get the residents and paperwork together. The block my family lives on was already on the states butt to get a wall built near the river due to the yearly flooding on that block. So when the state said get your stuff together, the block was already good to go. Thats why they are first but now it has but others in the state in a holding pattern to see how it is handled here first.

Most of the block did not come back and it is sad to see the houses abandoned but really how many times are you going to lose everything and rebuild? There are people who had insurance and got turned down due to the flood claims just a few months before so people really did walk away and still owe everything. Its strange going to the place you grew up and it looks like some place in Detroit and to know its about to be leveled.

My parents would be stupid to stay there and to stay in NJ.
By Never enough
Well the kids have chosen their rides. Both were rescued from the trash pile....maybe they would have had a easier life in the trash pile.

032.JPG

This is my little girls 2nd choice after she picked her grave digger.

034.JPG

My son I think will use this. He is all over the place with what he wants to use. He keeps picking quads.
By taz11
Hmmm both kids are in here... Piles are getting low, but I think I have just what I need.

twins.....
005.jpg
Last edited by taz11 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Someday I Suppose
Crazy for sure. The year before we had friends up in North Jersey in Pompton Plains who got flooded that September. I went over to help clean out the house and it was just amazing what a mess. As you said it wasn't so much that one house was being gutted, it was the entier neighborhood, just house after house with their entire lives pulled out onto the front yard. To have grown up in the area has to be even harder.

Never enough wrote:Actually for the government to do something I feel this is pretty quick. The shore was hit much worse and nothing is getting done there yet. NJ held some townhall meeting and told people what they planned on do and to get the residents and paperwork together. The block my family lives on was already on the states butt to get a wall built near the river due to the yearly flooding on that block. So when the state said get your stuff together, the block was already good to go. Thats why they are first but now it has but others in the state in a holding pattern to see how it is handled here first.

Most of the block did not come back and it is sad to see the houses abandoned but really how many times are you going to lose everything and rebuild? There are people who had insurance and got turned down due to the flood claims just a few months before so people really did walk away and still owe everything. Its strange going to the place you grew up and it looks like some place in Detroit and to know its about to be leveled.

My parents would be stupid to stay there and to stay in NJ.
By Jornum1
man we really want to try to make this one. I will see if we can make the trip out. I have the beat up escalade that I may be able to resurrect for this! I dont have quite the collection as you guys.
By Someday I Suppose
I'm in the same boat, the closest I have right now is the Dora Jeep we just picked up, but the wife wants to give that to some friends for their daughter. So... need to find a ride or two.

Jornum1 wrote:man we really want to try to make this one. I will see if we can make the trip out. I have the beat up escalade that I may be able to resurrect for this! I dont have quite the collection as you guys.
By Never enough
I actually don't have that many anymore. I have a few sunbathed ones I plan to paint and donate again at Christmas time but those are actually in good shape. Most of the junk ones I had I parted out. I do have a beat up newer purple jeep and some odd ball one that are getting stripped down soon. I think I may also have barbie jeep also.

I still have bodies but they are stripped down. I also have a nephew that may do this also so I need to get something going for him as well.

I am sure I have enough cars to field the entire event. Plus I know someone else with a few trashed rides that I can get. Let me know if you can't find something.
By Never enough
Ok so the available dates would be October 19, 20, 26, 27. Do any of these days work better for anyone?

The normal races will also be held on the same day. At Taz's house (Thank you Taz). It makes it easier for people traveling to have it all on one day.

Also if anyone needs a car I picked up a bunch of jeeps that would be perfect of this.
By Never enough
I am about 25 minutes from Taz exit 71 off of rt78 in PA. I have family in central jersey area in Sayreville and I have plans to go to Englishtown this saturday for the diesel nationals.

So if your looking for a car I can meet you at some exit along 78 or 22 or you can pick it up at my parents house any time after Saturday.
By taz11
Never enough wrote:All of the races and the demolition derby are all being held at taz's

Oh....now you tell me :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK....yes, I knew that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Jornum1
Sweet Andrew and I are in. As far as I know we are good for the 27th. I may have a newbie daughter/father combo to attend if that is ok.
By taz11
Not sure about this time because it is a "test" to see how it works out....... Don't make members spend money...

If this becomes a popular thing, maybe limit the batteries to 4ah (two blue bats in series) this would allow the derby winner to be the last car able to move....in a reasonable amount of time. Last car running on a 12ah will be an hour later :lol:
By taz11
Good ideas guys. Worth consideration.

I have added my interpretation of the base line car rules here....http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2665

Obviously, these are just to start out and need to be reviewed by all involved. Everyone's suggestions welcomed.
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Jornum1
Are we close to having a date locked in? We have some other things in Oct to plan, but I know Andrew will not want to miss this. He has had a blast the last two years. And every year he gets the whole racing thing a little more. Now at 4, he is really looking forward to it. Hoping to have a vehicle for all classes 12v and up.
By taz11
Wait for NE on that....but it looks like the 27th is the popular choice so far.
By Never enough
Sorry I have been sick the past few days, I never realized you could get the flu in 100 degree weather :roll:

Anyway the 27th is good.

I like the balloon idea but what if you made it so the balloons are worth points. This way if a kid is unlucky to get all the balloons popped in a minute and still has a running car they can keep playing with everyone. Have the event timed and who ever is still running and has the most unpopped balloons wins.
By taz11
I like the balloon idea but what if you made it so the balloons are worth points. This way if a kid is unlucky to get all the balloons popped in a minute and still has a running car they can keep playing with everyone. Have the event timed and who ever is still running and has the most unpopped balloons wins.

Liking that.....
By taz11
Just a note...... Those of you that checked the rules. The "no shaft collars" rule is to prevent someone from adding narrow wheels and leaving the sharp axle shaft sticking out the side. Push nuts or lock nuts leave a flush, smooth (injury free) end.
By taz11
How about...... 5 minute time limit, last one running with balloons (or most balloons after 5 minutes) wins.

Then we reset for the next heat....winner gets one less balloon to start. At 5 minutes we can run several heats. Great for those kids that have the battery lead pop off on the first hit :roll: :oops: :cry: .

3 balloons on each side, all 4 sides. Leave the corners balloon free for hitting. :D
By Never enough
Yeah I think shorter heats like 5 minutes would be best for the drivers to keep interest and have the most fun if they are having a bad heat.

Can we get a head count of all the kids coming? Also the car numbers you want to run.
By Someday I Suppose
I like the balloon idea as well, think the wife will be happier with that too. She has been a little concerned over kids getting hurt. Do we want to do the count and car numbers here or on Taz's event thread?

I'll grab car #3 and #5 if they are available, need to figure out what each of them is going to run though.
By Never enough
Keep it all on this thread. The other thread has always been just the rules we use every year.

Let your wife know we are all concerned for the kids safety. If you have any ideas bring it up. I want my kid to go out and have a blast and not get seriously injured. I know there is always that risk but I would like to keep that to a minimum.

The area will either be in the center of the track or the driveway and the area will be small so they will not be able to get up speed. Wetting the area down so the wheels spin more is also an idea Taz had that I thought was good for keeping the speeds down.

Anything you can think of, bring it up and we can talk it out. I for one think my clumsy son should walk around wrapped in bubble wrap everyday.
Andrew will take #40 if it is available. No worries if it isnt. Its more of a joke. You ask him how many he wants his answer since he was a baby was always 40. Its as close to a favorite number as he gets!
Taz or NE, if there is something I can do/bring for the event please let me know. I would really like to contribute. I can bring drinks or my wife would be happy to make some cookies again.
Andrew should be able to compete in all classes. The Rzr is down for rebuild, so he will run his h2 for stock and stock +6. Thats the only stock ride he has left :-)
I think we will bring the c5 for the modified and unlimited. Thats his favorite fast ride.

Looking at the escalade for the derby. Only one I dont care about smashing up. Just have to see if I have enough parts to put it back together!
Jeep Hurricane Radio

There were a few hurricane models and not all of t[…]

My Thomas the Train has a dead circuit board. Doe[…]

I forgot also....Get Up , rub some dirt on it, get[…]

8-)

HobbyMasters Udemy Course