HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
By hypo21
So, I was thinking of having a meet here in eastern PA between the Poconos and the Allentown area. I am thinking of having a few different races. Some oval track and a little "off road" course. I would take a page out of Taz's book and have classes based on modifications and voltage. I would still need to work out the specifics, but just throwing it out there.

Just wondering who would be interested in attending. Anyone from the PA, NJ, NY, CT, MD areas interested?

Let me know your thoughts. It would be a blast for us and the kids to get everyone together.
Last edited by hypo21 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By number1goalie
Same here. Somehow you guys always schedule something when I have stuff going on, but we can try. Throw out some dates just to get some ideas.
By taz11
number1goalie wrote:Same here. Somehow you guys always schedule something when I have stuff going on, but we can try. Throw out some dates just to get some ideas.

No...you always have stuff going on! Get your priorities strait man! :lol:
By hypo21
taz11 wrote:
number1goalie wrote:Same here. Somehow you guys always schedule something when I have stuff going on, but we can try. Throw out some dates just to get some ideas.

No...you always have stuff going on! Get your priorities strait man! :lol:

+1!

Well, I want to see what the interest woudl be before I set dates. I am pretty much wide open except for june, but I was thinking more along the lines of July or August.
By hypo21
Really? Only the 3 of us interested? What about the newer guy from Bethlehem, or GSEric69, monkeydad, cmylow, or Tlppres?

No one from NY or NJ interested? Jeez, I figured all you newer folks would be interested. these events are a blast.

Well, like they say in field of dreams "if you build it, they will come" So maybe I will get the courses build first, then show you guys what I am talking about! LOL

Right now my weekends and nights are tied up planting soy beans for my dad, but once that is done, I will get the loader up there and get the dirt course started so you can see what I am talking about.

But in the mean time, anyone that is interested, let me know and we can work out a time and date.
By Tlppres
Hey hypo, Yeah I'd like to see what you guys are up to. The "classes" on elec. ,etc would be pretty neat. July or Aug. ,on a Sat. Works for me. Lemme' know if you could use some help w/ the track const. around mid. june. Tied up til' then but maybe could come down a coupla' Sats. By the way pm me if your going to Dallas on a wknd. or e-mail . Maybe we could meet up for coffee .
By Never enough
I would be willing to go for sure. My kid has really enjoyed these so far and i am sure he would love to see others. July and August are good for me as of now.
By taz11
My daughters B-day is at the end of july, no plans yet. Sounds good otherwise.
By KingsKids
It's not that I'm not interested, but Allentown is 300 miles each way from Buffalo. That's about $160 in gas round trip, $40 in chicken mcnuggets, and roughly 5 "in flight" movies.
By taz11
KingsKids wrote:It's not that I'm not interested, but Allentown is 300 miles each way from Buffalo. That's about $160 in gas round trip, $40 in chicken mcnuggets, and roughly 5 "in flight" movies.

Cool, so your in right?....LOL
By hypo21
taz11 wrote:
KingsKids wrote:It's not that I'm not interested, but Allentown is 300 miles each way from Buffalo. That's about $160 in gas round trip, $40 in chicken mcnuggets, and roughly 5 "in flight" movies.

Cool, so your in right?....LOL

:lol:

Sounds like a fun trip to me! You can take soem left over food fo rthe ride home to help cut back on the MdNugget cost onthe way home. :)
By taz11
Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? I gotta pee!Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Stop touching me!Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? .........And then the kids start!
By saike
I would be interested coming up to Allentown area. I am really just trying to keep my recycled vehicles running right now and it would be great to see what other people are doing. What age groups would be there? My daughter is 3 and kind new to riding outside.
By hypo21
The races woudl be classed by voltage, of course we could do a beginner and advance stock 12v class if needed, but i doubt we woudl need it. the stock 12v class would be the biggest, and even if she is not a perfect driver it is ok. My son was a mess last year at Taz's event. it is just fun for the kids to get together and do more than drive them around aimlessly and, it gives us a chance to "dork out" with each other.

I do plan on workign on the "track" areas this weekend. Have a PW race on Saturday, but sunday morning is open and I think I will start doing some scraping for the off road course.
By saike
Sounds like a great time. Unfortunatley we have plans this weekend. I definitly try to get there next time. Only vehicle working right now is a 12v coral pony 4wheeler anyway.
By Rater11
hey guys, im kinda a newbie 2 this site, just been looking around getting tips from all u guys.
I got a 3yr old son wit a raptor 660, we r both ready to race whenever u guys get together.
were from jersey, exit 17 off of 78.
By taz11
Rater11 wrote:hey guys, im kinda a newbie 2 this site, just been looking around getting tips from all u guys.
I got a 3yr old son wit a raptor 660, we r both ready to race whenever u guys get together.
were from jersey, exit 17 off of 78.

I'm at exit 7, we'll be racing here in the fall. Hypo's about 20 to 30 mins from here.
By Rater11
oh thats cool, i know a few parking lots in the bridgewater area we could use for a race. or if someone just wants 2 meet up on a weekend, my kids ride my in laws yard.. about acre or so 2 ride.
By hypo21
OK.. it looks like I am Finally going to get time on Sautrday to get these tracks built. I will get pictures up and firm up dates with everyone. There seems to be a LOT of new members on here now, so I expect all you PA, NJ and NY folks to clear your schedules!
By hypo21
OK got some preliminary work done on the track. here are the images.

The Oval is self explanatory... going to put up something on the inside of the corners like taz has, but probably not as good.. LOL
IMG_1343.JPG
oval
IMG_1343.JPG (34.69 KiB) Viewed 5380 times

Then we have the "off road" course. here are the pictures of the lay out. I ran it down with quads yesterday and mowed it down today.
IMG_1344.JPG
Start straight and first few corners
IMG_1344.JPG (31.2 KiB) Viewed 5380 times

IMG_1347.JPG
Last half of course
IMG_1347.JPG (32.03 KiB) Viewed 5380 times

I plan on adding the mounds of dirt and such tomorrow or next weekend. The idea in to have about 6 - 8 little piles of dirt about 3' high that they ride up on and about 5' - 10' long then down off of. Then the others will be like roller coaster type where it is up, down, up, down etc. then one maybe on the hairpin corner then the rest will be jsut straight or flat at least. I kind of mocked it all up in paint below .
track 2.jpg
track 2.jpg (57.19 KiB) Viewed 5380 times

track 2.jpg
track 2.jpg (57.19 KiB) Viewed 5380 times

SO let me know your thoughts. Add, take out, what ever.

I am thinking weekends of July 9th, or 23rd let me know what works better for everyone. I am thinking we will have the same classes taz mentioned in the other post and all kids will get a participation trophy and top 3 will get trophies in the classes. I need to price all this out of course but I will probably ask for $5 from everyone just to cover the costs.

Again, let me knwo who is interested and who may be coming, I would like to get things rolling.
Attachments
track1.jpg
track1.jpg (55.28 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
By Never enough
I think it looks pretty cool. We will come down but I really don't know if we will race or not. My son is 3 and gets overwhelmed with a lot of people around and usually sits back and watches. He also awful at watching where he is going and if there is a butterfly flying by forget it he is done with the powerwheels. I think he would race but I really don't know.
By taz11
Both dates are clear. I don't think I'll have the 4x4 done by then but no biggie. I'l be luck if it's done when the snow flies.

Count me in.

Rules thread for reference....http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2665
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Rater11
it sounds good to me 2. both dates sound good. my son is 3 and has picked up the racing pretty easy, but not sure how he will b in a normal race format. were def up for trying anything tho.
By hypo21
Tree.. had my son out on the gaucho and he did fine on the hair pin. It is pretty wide.

Never Enough - No worries, my son is by no means a racer.. last year at taz's race, he was all over the place... and still is. LOL it is just to get together and have a good time. As for batteries.. never a bad idea to bring a few spares. Especially if you have 1 ride for oval and 1 for off road. ;)

Rater... yup.. it is a good time man.

I will try to work out some details on dates and times once I see what works for everyone.
By Never enough
I guess its safe to say that this is not happening tomorrow? Is this still going to take place on the 23rd?
By taz11
I talked to Hypo in an email early in the week. As of then, It was still on for the 23rd.

Check this thread out also...http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3344
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
By hypo21
OK guys, So sorry for the delay.. Some thing have been coming up and I have not had the time to put into this that I wanted. I would still like have the event, but am going to need to mellow it out a bit.

Originally I wanted to go all out like Tax's events, but I just do not have the time or cash flow right now to do that. Wanted to do a full on lunch, and medals and such, but it just isn't going to happen that way. So...

Would every one still be interested if we did not really keep score or do times? I have the tracks mapped out and worn in already, but I was not able to get the dirt mounds on the " off road" track, but it is still windey and the oval is there. So we could still run different classes on both the tracks.

So, let me know who is still interested and we will have at it on the 23rd as planned. I was speaking with Taz earlier, and he had mentioned using this day as practice for his event. So I think we can still have fun, and I figure, the kids dont care.

Let me know who is still interested.

Arrive around 11:00
First race 12:00

Sound good for everyone?

By the way google this address so you can see how far it may be from you.
145 Jacktown Rd
Bangor, PA 18013
Last edited by hypo21 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By treebeme
Personally, I don't care about the medals, classes, timing, etc. If it's informal you can tell every kid that they won and avoid them getting upset over losing. hehe.

I brought a few of my vehicles to a block party last saturday (along with my homemade dunking machine) and they were the hits of the party. It was driving one of the kids on the block crazy that he had the exact same model (fire rescue jeep) but was only about half the speed of the one I brought. Ooooops. Only one vehicle damaged as the kids broke the stop in the harley throttle while doing wheelies. I think I have to switch to a half throttle because they yank hard to get the wheelie going and I think that is what broke it.

I'm not promising anything so don't count on me but so far that weekend looks free for me.
By taz11
hypo21 wrote:Would be great to have you down if you can make it.

Anyone else?

You have to ask?....lol I'm in.
By Never enough
I am fine with a practice day since the junk I have I can barely keep running and I dont know if anything will even stay together for a whole day. We will be there.
By treebeme
At this point it looks like the day is free. I'm meeting some resistance from my wife though because I'm way behind on doing things around the house. I'll let you know by wednesday one way or the other.
By taz11
RUTT ROW! I better put "fix the slammer" on my list :D .. My son drove the wheels off of it ....literally! Wore out the front wheels so bad, one came off right over the nut!

I was trying to fit bearings in them....but I have stock spares for a quick fix.
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
By treebeme
Taz, don't go too crazy. I'd say it's 50-50 on whether I am going at this point. The "better half" has a list of "better" things for me to be doing that day and we are still "discussing" the issue.

If I did come I'd bring the same two unlimiteds I brought to your event (same speed, beefier chain on the screamin demon) and a corvette equipped in a similar manner. I don't think I would bother bringing anything else because most of the rest of my fleet at this point are quads and scooters which aren't very race friendly.
By treebeme
Crap, literally.

Had to deal with an unexpected $1,000 septic problem this morning. On top of the $1,000 I spent this past weekend on my truck that makes the funds for going to PA and back kind of scarce. I think I'm going to have to skip this one. Sorry about that. Good luck.
By taz11
treebeme wrote:Crap, literally.

Had to deal with an unexpected $1,000 septic problem this morning. On top of the $1,000 I spent this past weekend on my truck that makes the funds for going to PA and back kind of scarce. I think I'm going to have to skip this one. Sorry about that. Good luck.

ie...."WIFE KICKED MY REAREND" LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

See ya next time ;)

Thanks. Yea I hear ya, our kids wear helmets too b[…]

Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Awesome. Dude, you're a machine! I thought I was[…]

Does it do this with the batteries fully charged?

Sounds normal to me. Since it's a series circuit […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course