HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
By taz11
Since Hypo is "banned" from MPW at work, I'm taking over daytime operations.....LOL

Can I get a driver head count from you guys?

Taz11............2 drivers (4 and 6) Hoping to run all 4 classes.
Hypo21..........1 driver (4) Stock and +6
Rater11..........1 or 2 (3 and 2) Stock , +6, and Modified stock
Never Enough...1 driver (3) Stock and +6

DON'T FORGET BIKE HELMETS (or better)
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
By treebeme
It did give her a bit more ammo when I had to try justify spending $75 to $100 to drive back and forth to PA for the day. Especially since I have been getting on her case lately about how much money she has been spending.
By taz11
treebeme wrote: Especially since I have been getting on her case lately about how much money she has been spending.

Man, I hate it when that comes back and bites you....been there a few time myself.
By Rater11
i got 1 driver coming, 3yr old. stock 12v, and a 24v ready right now. let me know if i should make a 18v also
theres a 50% chance ill have a 2nd driver but shes only 2 n scared 2 drive most days
By hypo21
18v if you want rater, up to you. we will have them running regardless. Looking forward to seeing you here.

Tree.. wish you could make it but completely understand your situation... I am in a similar boat with my wife latley...

Enough, you still Game?

I am looking for a 10:00 arrival, 11:00 first heat.
By taz11
Rater11 wrote: let me know if i should make a 18v also

Yeah! Bring a jumper harness and drop a 6 volt in your stock ride for the 18v races.
By Never enough
Yeah we are still coming up. I have one driver who is 3 and we are gonna run the stock and stock +6 and see how he does with that. He loves to go fast but I am not sure about his skills just yet at controlling it.

I am bringing my wife and 1yr old girl also would it be ok if I brought her little quad for her to putt around off away from everything with the wife watching her?

Also with it gonna be so hot on sat how does everyones kid do with the full face helmets? I am gonna bring a bike helmet and full face. My little guy always wants to wear the full face even when barely moving but he gets overheated pretty quick
By taz11
In the stock class the bike helmet should be fine. My kids use full face BMX style bike helmets which are vented. It helps some.

If it gets any hotter we will have to start at 4:30 so we are done by 10 :lol: :lol: Hypo....got a sprinkler? :lol:
By number1goalie
i just saw this - sorry guys... we have a family birthday party this saturday - not even able to drag racing :evil:

sounds like it would be a fun time. i was hoping to get some input on a new clicking issue we are having with the gaucho.

anyway - if you guys have it this weekend - STAY COOL! weather forecast is calling for 110 heat index.
By taz11
Hey guys........Due to the excessive heat that is forecast, we are trying to include some type of water sprinkler or something of that sort to cool off in. You will want to bring bathing suits for the kiddies.
By Rater11
sorry guys, just was informed by my head of finances (wife) that this isnt a good weekend for me 2 b going out 2 the race. also should b spending the paycheck 2 fix her truck instead of racing power wheels. guess when u wanna race u forget about other things. sorry guys, hope 2 make it next time. :(
By hypo21
Dozer,

Well, I was browsing a lot on MPW and the internet Nazi blocked it on me so I can not get to it from the office and there fore can nto waste company time. LOL

Rater,

Understandable.. unfortunate though. But you could explain to here there is no cost other than gas to get here. ;) And technically you could be home by 1 or 2 and still be effective for the day if she wanted. :D
By hypo21
Hey guys,

OK so here is what I am thinking. Since it is going to be hot I was thinking about having everyone be there by 10:00. This way we can get started once everyone is there. Try to get stuff in before the real heat shows up.

I will have the following
Courses set up
2 EZ up tents for some shade
a cooler with lots of water and some capri suns
a sprinkler like taz suggested for cooling down
I MAY have a little inflatable pool just to jump in and cool off between heats

What you should bring:
Kids
Cars
Batteries
Chairs for hiding in the shade
a lunch or snacks
A change of clothes in case there is water play

Looks like we will have about 6 or so kids there. we will run classes on each track and then just open things up for fun until everyone leaves, or it gets too hot.

The address again is
135 Jacktown Rd
Bangor PA 18013
The courses will be back a lane and up through the woods in a field. I will have bales of straw out with signs for everyone. If you get off track, give me a call. (PM me for the Number)

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Feel Free to pas this along to anyone else that may be interested.

Dunbar
By Never enough
We had a great time out there today even in the heat. It was nice meeting you guys and my son loved having someone to ride with.

Now he wants to go faster...lol
By taz11
Never enough wrote:Now he wants to go faster...lol

Uh-huh.......and the hopeless downward spiral begins...... :P

Yeah, a good time for sure. I think the kids did well considering the heat. My son is passed out on the couch.

Looking forward to the next one.
By Never enough
taz11 wrote:
Never enough wrote:Now he wants to go faster...lol

Uh-huh.......and the hopeless downward spiral begins...... :P

No finding this site was the start of the downward spiral but I bring myself in and get control only to have you and my wife push me under again.

Wife asked what I talked about and I say a 4x4 pw, she says that sounds cool. We get home and I show her a video of one and she says we got to have that. So now I am on CL trying to find a cheap truck to steal stuff from.

I see this is a long road but it was worth it to see how much fun my kid had the other day. 1st on the list is to buy a few different colors of wire.
By taz11
Which wires did we have crossed?

...I have wire harnesses like that to....... :oops:
By Never enough
taz11 wrote:Which wires did we have crossed?

I didn't look. I just yanked them out and looked at my paper when I got home, 2 minutes later it was working fine. It works now but its not how I want it. That was rushed to see how it holds up. I can't handle knowing those wires are like that so they need to be cleaned up.

I am tearing it down for the 4x4 so I will fix it now and go nuts with my p-touch maker.
By Rokmunky1974
This looks like it could be a lot of fun. Did Imiss the race date?
Last edited by Rokmunky1974 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rokmunky1974
:shock: Oops! A whole year! :lol: Guess I need to read more thoroughly. Sorry. :oops:

Other questions: Hardened pinions? I don't think […]

First gen Bigfoot project

Put a pair of traxxas titan 21t motors on it the o[…]

Jeep 4x4 12v RC

So Lama Toys is a distributer/retailer but it's no[…]

Hi, I love the idea of putting together a 24v[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course